Goblin Engineering VS. Gnomish Engineering

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yo,

I was comparing with my friend our two engineer's toys/gadgets...
He has Gnomish Engineering and I Goblin Engineering.
To my surprise I lost in the "Fun Toys" show and tell Q_Q

Gnomish Engineer Only (Fun) Items:
Gnomish Gravity Well
Gnomish X-Ray Specs
World Enlarger

Goblin Engineer Only (Fun) Items:
*Zero*

NOTE that I did not take into count items such as these;
Dimensional Ripper - Everlook and Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan.

For some odd reason, Gnomish Engineers have 3 Items that do not need to be equip'd to be used and ofcourse can only be used by them.

I could not find any similar type of items from the Goblin Engineering at all.
What I did find was some items that were consumed on use and some old trinkets that used to be quite OP at one time in TBC when you were still leveling Goblin Rocket Launcher <3

We Goblin Engineers want toys too... We don't care if they go *BOOOM* when we attempt to use 'em to show off O_-__b

Why all the favor for gnomish engineers?
Will this unbalance be fixed soon?
I would like to hear some sort of anwers from Blizzard, if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions for some Goblin Engineer "toys" I would love to hear 'em as well.
Edited by Danmatsuma on 02/03/2013 12:17 GMT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
A jet pack?

Made a thread suggesting this as a mount idea, but a vanity item could work :P
A jet pack?

Made a thread suggesting this as a mount idea, but a vanity item could work :P

That would be awesome O_-__b

It would be a nice counterpart for the Gnomish Gravity Well if nothing more.

It would seem that there are not many Goblin Engineers that support this idea, from the looks of the number of comments. :(
60 Human Warlock
Isnt it the whole point though?
Goblins get explosives and gnomes get fun items?

Well.... like I said;

We don't care if they go *BOOOM* when we attempt to use 'em to show off O_-__b

Also, Goblin Engineers and Gnomish Engineers are type of rivals that try to out do the other in engineering. That's atleast what I have come to see and know, but I could be wrong.

The point was that there should be atleast three Goblin Engineer only items (as there are Gnomish Engineer items) that are use items that do not get consumed on use and do not need to be equiped to be used.
90 Undead Rogue

The thing is that gnomish toys from classic, tbc, wotlk and cata are just as fun in mop. Where as the goblin bombs are quite useless now. Imo they should scrap the specializations but keep the names 'gnomish world enlarger' and 'goblin jumper cables XL'
02/03/2013 14:55Posted by Stabe
Imo they should scrap the specializations but keep the names 'gnomish world enlarger' and 'goblin jumper cables XL'

Well that is ofcourse an option... Like they did with blacksmithing.

But the items Goblin Jumper Cables and Goblin Jumper Cables XL have always been usable by all engineers (that I'm aware of), not just by Goblin Engineers.
Though only a Goblin Engineer could learn the Schematic: Goblin Jumper Cables XL (atleast it used to be that way, but it seems now all engineer can learn it).
The Schematic: Goblin Jumper Cables in otherhand could be learned by all engineers.

There have never really been any items in Goblin Engineering that could not be used by any other engineer or a non-engineer...

Goblin Engineer items usable by all Engineers for example;
Goblin Rocket Helmet
Goblin Rocket Boots
Ect ect ect...

If you wish to compare Goblin Engineer items Vs. Gnomish Engineer items, check out these two links below...

Goblin Engineering: http://www.wowhead.com/spells=11.202.20222
Gnomish Engineering: http://www.wowhead.com/spells=11.202.20219

I hope this helps abit to see the point in the mather.

Still waiting on you Blizzard O_-__b
90 Goblin Shaman
Until mop, goblin engineers had explosives that stuns the enemies. Big Daddy is the cata version of goblin explosives. Engineers can make G91 Landshark in mop but that does not stuns the targets and can be used by anyone (even if you don't have engineering).

The point is, gnomish engineers do some useless fun stuff and goblin engineers do explosives that's usable for PvP but i think its gone with mop.
90 Human Priest
Gnomes > Goblins at engineering + being short.

Basic maths.
Gnomes > Goblins at engineering + being short.

Basic maths.

Without Goblin Engineers, you would not be able to enjoy the Epic Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops, made possible with Goblin Rocket Fuel.

O_-__b
90 Night Elf Priest
Its always been a "things that go boom" vs "fun things", its your choice. Though i accept that it doesnt feel right for a goblin not to take goblin engineering, just like it doesnt feel right for a gnome not to take gnomish engineering.

Dont get too het up about the gravity well, its pretty much rubbish (it basically allows you to jump), and for quite a while wasnt even usable by gnomish engineers, because the requirement was mis-spelt.
04/03/2013 16:37Posted by Almostholy
Dont get too het up about the gravity well, its pretty much rubbish (it basically allows you to jump)

"basicly allows you to jump"? Ou how wrong you are Almostholy... how wrong indeed.
You must be suffering from a lack of imagination (with no disrespect), for there are lots of stuff you can do with that "rubbish" + more with the combination of other engineering gadgets.

I would be completely satisfied if one of the Goblin Bombs would be made into a Use Item that has like a 3min Cooldown and is not consumed on use.
"The Bomb" item could be thrown or placed on the ground and in 5-10 seconds it would explode causing a knockback (similar to shaman's Thunderstorm spell) to all friendlies and enemys within 10 yards of The Bomb (or it could just go off instantly, since it's goblin made O_o__b You'll never know when it'll go off...) After few seconds... maybe a minute..? Is this even wor- BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

The Goblin Nugget, that could also be a funny name for the bomb >_<
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]