Priest Buffs in 5.2. Overpowered I hear?

90 Human Priest
Hi all,

I hear that people say priests are going to be OP next patch with 20% buff to Penance. Is this really going to be the case? I'd like to hear from people on the test realms to see if it is.

Personally what I throw to you my fellow priests is when was the last time you got a full Penance off without being interrupted? Hmmm...okay maybe the odd one around a pillar if you can LOS before a warrior heroic leaps and charges you.

So here it is:-

Priest buff to penance 20% (wooptie woo)

To counter this though we have...>

32% damage buff to frost mages. Really Blizzard? Already dying in full Malevolant gear in a deep freeze.

15% damage boost to Feral's Rip.

Hunters steady shot buffed by 20%, Aimed shot buffed by 10%, Chimera shot buffed by 25%, BLack arrow buffed by 10%, Explosive shot buffed....argh I can't go on (because lord knows those hunters don't really do much damage as it is right?).

Rogues dispatch buffed by 15% and Envenom by 20%!! (so pleased I have a level 90 rogue!).

Shammies buffed damage 5% to Elemental focus damage.

Locks damage buffed....> (so crazy)

Immolate now deals 20% more damage.
Shadow Bolt now deals 15% more damage.
Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 35% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
Demonology ◦ Chaos Wave now has a new visual.
Hand of Gul'dan now deals 15% more damage.
Shadowflame now deals 15% more damage.
Soul Fire now deals 22% more damage.
Touch of Chaos now deals 15% more damage.
Wild Imp's Firebolt now deals 15% more damage.
Conflagrate now deals 20% more damage.
Incinerate now deals 10% more damage.

Warriors execute now deals 25% extra damage.

I could go into more detail but it's all in the patch notes. I haven't even covered all of it.

What I am saying is that comparatively priests are just being kept in line with the damage increases, so priests will be in exactly the place as they were last patch if not worse.

Just my opinion of course. You are all entitled to yours. I would be interested to hear how you all feel on the matter.

Angelias
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Where the HELL are you reading all these notes since 90% of them are incorrect.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage

Warriors execute now deals 25% LESS damage.

^ FTFY
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Apologies for the warrior bit. That was an oversight on my part. The rest are here:-

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/patch-5-2-ptr-patch-notes-update-for-feb-25/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
26/02/2013 16:10Posted by Angelias
Hunters steady shot buffed by 20%, Aimed shot buffed by 10%, Chimera shot buffed by 25%, BLack arrow buffed by 10%, Explosive shot buffed....argh I can't go on (because lord knows those hunters don't really do much damage as it is right?).

Those are MM and SV specs. They are not common sight in pvp these days.

Rogues dispatch buffed by 15% and Envenom by 20%!! (so pleased I have a level 90 rogue!).

Assassination rogues, not a common sight in pvp either. Sub brings more utility and burst. That's also pretty much what rogues can bring these days, sustained damage and survivability are jokes at best.
This is a pve buff.

Overall, I have my doubts about how OP disc will be. Hopefully disc will be in a better state, but all that depends on how this mastery change will play out.
I don't see disc beeing better than paladins or shamans. Even if healing and mana regen would end up beeing better the lack of utility hasn't changed. If you insist on having a healer with mass dispel, then sure. But other than that, no.

No idea about shadow and tbh I don't care anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shammies buffed damage 5% to Elemental focus damage

I fail to see how this is a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Priest Buffs in 5.2. Overpowered I hear?
ok that title is a joke right ? :) ive tested on ptr and more. in fact disc recieves an interresting tweak wich i hope is changing abit since u cant crit heal since crit turns 50% into shield soyou wont feel higher heal on crit but instead u get shield that is diespell/spell stealable XD
holy is brought into pvp wich i kinda like but it has no competition from disc due to the dispell/spell steal of 50% of crits fact.

if you search for OP i would recommend looking for rogue sublety changes or restoration druids
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hey Aquablast.

I didn't say it was a problem at all. I was just using it to state the fact that despite us getting a 20% healing buff to one ability, all other classes are getting a damage buff which in turns nulifies the priest buff. I have no problem with Shammies or any other classes being buffed in areas. My concerns were over how bad priests are in the current patch is not going to change overnight.

As I mentioned in my other posts I have a holy pally and resto druid geared too, so will just use them. It just makes me a bit sad to see my priest long and forgotten gathering dust. I am now using him to boost my Guildies and help them cap their arena points jumping team to team. It's all very sad as he was my main toon. =(

Angelias
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
27/02/2013 18:30Posted by Angelias
My concerns were over how bad priests are in the current patch is not going to change overnight.

Yeah, that's a shame. As much as I would like to play Priests, they're just crap right now (unless I want to play Shadow 24/7... and I'd rather not).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Locks damage buffed....> (so crazy)

Immolate now deals 20% more damage.

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 35% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.

Conflagrate now deals 20% more damage.
Incinerate now deals 10% more damage.

Just thought i would highlght that the buffs to the individual spells are to adjust the damage output to compensate for the nerf to Grimoire of Sacrifice.

The GoSac nerf is to "encourage" players to not take the talent and to make the other 2 talents in the tier more attractive.

There will be very little change, in fact a slight nerf, to warlock damage (from what i have been hearing from PTR anyways - this could be wrong)

Please understand what these changes are for before complaining it overcomes any priest buffs.

OT: I hope disc is "fixed" from 5.2 then maybe my priest will come out of retirement.

Edit: Of course any lock that does not take GoSac will see a direct buff to their damage, but again this will merely bring the 2 other talents in that tier in line with the damage output available via using GoSac.
Edited by Mekanik on 01/03/2013 10:29 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]