Legendary Weapons, Transmog?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really don't see why this is an issue, I spent months farming for the Warglaive of Azzinoth, hoping to transmog it (I did not know until I actually acquired it that it would not be transmoggable) so I finally get it, and its useless to me, too low level weapon to be any use for my level 90 dk, I just wanted a weapon that looked nice to transmog over the pandaren weapons which I don't really like. When looking through the forums I noticed many people are against this transmog, but I don't see why, at the moment these weapons are just wasted sitting in the banks of higher levels, and althoguh some would say "they wouldnt be special if they could be transmogged" they technically arent special, because although you dont see people using them almost everyone who has been playing since at least cata has them in their banks, to me this is, as said before, just a waste and a disappointment, I honestly don't see an issue ad not everyone would go for the same thing to transmog, and if you've worked so hard to get it and spent so much time farming for it, you should be able to use it as you please, It's like farming rare mounts, anyone can farm a rare drop if they have the patience, therefore many people have the same things, however not everyone uses them, it's not like its anymore "special" as it is, just because you dont see people with it doesnt mean they dont have it. as you can tell spending all my time on this weapon to find its useless has irritated me quite a bit :')
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think they should allow us to use legendaries for transmog. However, i can understand why people are afraid it will remove the "legendary" feel of them so the best solution i've seen so far is to charge a large amount of gold per transmog. Lets say 10k per weapon?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yeah but what about when you get a new weapon ( upgrade ) its a waste to pay 10k untill you got heroic wep from ToT ... ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yeah but what about when you get a new weapon ( upgrade ) its a waste to pay 10k untill you got heroic wep from ToT ... ?

Simple, you pay 10k again. If you want it transmogged to a legendary you have to pay the price.
Edited by Acelius on 07/03/2013 21:55 GMT
Reply Quote
25k if legendry 50 - 100g for epic and 10g if blue or green :P
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
Warglaive was the coolest item in Warcraft's history together with Frostmourne!

SO NO... I do not want thousands of people to run in the cities equipped with Azzinoth Blades.
The fact that you farmed it now does not mean you actually deserve to show off with this item. Be you such a great hero, you'd do that in TBC.

-The bring back TBC dude!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
No. Instead making warglaives moggable they should just introduce more weapons with elven designs. Both blood and night elves use glaive type of weapons and machinery. Also in clothing there's a lot of similarities when you look at whole picture, but it's the details and themes that vary.

So it would be perfectly viable for Blizzard to introduce more elven armor and weapon designs for both factions. Glaives, daggers, fist weapons (you can see them on sentinels on Darnassus and other elven areas) , or long glaive alike sword blood elven guards wear ? Players would love them - there's reason sunwell armor is so popular, as well weapons and why every man and their dog farms glaives.
Edited by Azryel on 08/03/2013 04:33 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
OP's recent activity:

"obtained warglaive of azzinoth 13hrs ago"
Reply Quote
87 Troll Shaman
08/03/2013 04:30Posted by Azryel
introduce more weapons with elven designs

And troll Fel Glaives!
(that's the weapon Vol'jin is wielding, and they have nothing to do with demons - though I have no idea, where the name comes from)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I really don't see why this is an issue, I spent months farming for the Warglaive of Azzinoth, hoping to transmog it (I did not know until I actually acquired it that it would not be transmoggable) so I finally get it, and its useless to me, too low level weapon to be any use for my level 90 dk, I just wanted a weapon that looked nice to transmog over the pandaren weapons which I don't really like. When looking through the forums I noticed many people are against this transmog, but I don't see why, at the moment these weapons are just wasted sitting in the banks of higher levels, and althoguh some would say "they wouldnt be special if they could be transmogged" they technically arent special, because although you dont see people using them almost everyone who has been playing since at least cata has them in their banks, to me this is, as said before, just a waste and a disappointment, I honestly don't see an issue ad not everyone would go for the same thing to transmog, and if you've worked so hard to get it and spent so much time farming for it, you should be able to use it as you please, It's like farming rare mounts, anyone can farm a rare drop if they have the patience, therefore many people have the same things, however not everyone uses them, it's not like its anymore "special" as it is, just because you dont see people with it doesnt mean they dont have it. as you can tell spending all my time on this weapon to find its useless has irritated me quite a bit :')

You are absolutely right, making legendaries not moggable only lowers their real value and it's like kick in the balls for everyone that spent effort and time farming it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
OP's recent activity:

I knew instantly before even opening the thread that I could find something like this in the OP's activity feed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10k per legendary transmog. Sounds fair, OP?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Copy of a thread. Just no. Stop.
Morals, personal value and nostalgia. You haven't in any way experienced the journey the legendaries took the players on back in the day, I understand that you will never understand the value of these items. It would be like removing flying mounts or lfr, (to use an example newer players can relate to). They weren't added to the game to cater to some dk who spent an hour a week to get it to have it for transmog. It's funny how you call burning through bt once a week "farming".

Edit: Just to clarify: Having obtained a legendary when it was relevant has so much more personal value to a player than anything today will ever have.
Edited by Strykes on 09/03/2013 10:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Maybe make it transmogable for everybody that got the weapons during that expansion?
I mean sure I would love to transmog my wep into thunderfury (and I'm thinking of farming until I get thunderfury on this new char) but it's not fair for others seeing as I wouldn't deserve it... Just wait until a new legendary wep comes out for warrs and then equip it and there you go you have your legendary!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just wait until a new legendary wep comes out for warrs and then equip it and there you go you have your legendary!

Would love a big 2 handed badass sword or maybe a shield but looking at where blizzard is going with legendaries we're just gonna have gems for a while, and then we'll probably be able to make Sha-touched weapons legendary so it's "fair" for everyone. :/
Edited by Strykes on 09/03/2013 10:53 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Legendary feel is already gone.

I have like 4 thunderfuries, glaives and 2-3 rag maces.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

every time
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
What's so bad about the OP obtainging the Warglaive 13 hour ago? He clearly states he's spent months farming it, the implication that he was doing so recently.

Whether or not legendaries should or shouldn't be transmogged is something I have no opinion on. But I don't see how "he obtained it 13 hours ago" is a valid argument against.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
He clearly states he's spent months farming it, the implication that he was doing so recently.

Because 4 illidan kills equals months of farming right? 4 BT runs is like max 2 hours.

Then again they shouldn't make legendaries transmoggable because you'll see warglaives, thunderfuries etc everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2013 12:10Posted by Mortistone
What's so bad about the OP obtainging the Warglaive 13 hour ago?

Always the dk's
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]