Vanity Items for PVP

90 Human Paladin
I heard a couple of weeks ago that Blizzard agreed that there should be more vanity items.

And with that, they should be implemented in patch 5.2.... I've yet to hear anything from them. I can deal with having barely any gold and being forced to grind for it when i need gems and enchants, but i like vanity items. They are fun.

Getting new vanity stuff at higher ratings would be lovely, separate for both RBG and Arena ofc.

Introduce new vendors to offer vanity items, bring a bit of story back to PVP?, maybe reputations for PVP? like we had in Vanilla, instead of mindlessly doing BG's because you need to. Give us reputations to fight for a cause on the battleground. Allow new transmoggable sets per BG for each class. Come on blizzard, the world is your oyster!

Please?

Aierwin.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
bring back arena tabards and gear sets for certain rating would actually make people improve in the game
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Getting new vanity stuff at higher ratings would be lovely

You'd have to get them higher ratings first! the vanity items that use to exist were tabards that required 2300 rating! It's a shame i cannot play to that level i'd of loved one!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
it wouldn't be 2.3k in the current rating of the game
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/03/2013 12:03Posted by Tobias
Getting new vanity stuff at higher ratings would be lovely

You'd have to get them higher ratings first! the vanity items that use to exist were tabards that required 2300 rating! It's a shame i cannot play to that level i'd of loved one!

Understandable to be able to get to the higher ratings, and my point was, vanity items starting at 1800+, unlocking new ones with higher ratings :)

I mean, vanity items are available in heroics dungeons, and they can be easily completed!
Reply Quote
Community
More vanity items in PvP, as we have said many times, are something that we would like to do. We understand that only having power upgrades as rewards in PvP is not something that the community enjoys. At this point we have an aesthetic and strong weapon enchant available to PvP'ers which has both a rating requirement and conquest point cost.

04/03/2013 12:01Posted by Eldárion
bring back arena tabards and gear sets for certain rating would actually make people improve in the game
This is something we hear a lot whenever vanity rewards are mentioned in PvP, especially the request for tabards. We know that players would like additional incentives and goals to achieve higher ratings in PvP, outside of just item upgrades. In the future we hope to add more vanity items as rewards in PvP, unfortunately at this time we have no new information on what those vanity items will be or how they will be awarded. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am a dk, glouriously and tyranically, fack me right?
Edited by Allzimar on 04/03/2013 12:59 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nakatoir I have a question... How are DKs taken into account on that weapon enchant? I mean DKs REALLY crave for a disarm duration reducer... But DKs cannot live without the runeforging Fallen Crusader :s I could consider this on dual-wield but not 2h...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
04/03/2013 13:11Posted by Moonwatchér
Nakatoir I have a question... How are DKs taken into account on that weapon enchant? I mean DKs REALLY crave for a disarm duration reducer... But DKs cannot live without the runeforging Fallen Crusader :s I could consider this on dual-wield but not 2h...

You dont need a disarm you can spam your horrible spells while fighting
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I play UH and a disarm renders me almost useless. Chains of Ice and Icy Touch and Lolcoil are onlyones worth using.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Of course I wouldn't mind sitting in a disarm, I mean so little these days anyone sits a full duration CC. But against a warrior shieldwall->parrythingy->disarm and stuns, asdfghjklöä'
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
More vanity items in PvP, as we have said many times, are something that we would like to do. We understand that only having power upgrades as rewards in PvP is not something that the community enjoys. At this point we have an aesthetic and [url="http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95349"]strong weapon enchant[/url] available to PvP'ers which has both a rating requirement and conquest point cost.

This is something we hear a lot whenever vanity rewards are mentioned in PvP, especially the request for tabards. We know that players would like additional incentives and goals to achieve higher ratings in PvP, outside of just item upgrades. In the future we hope to add more vanity items as rewards in PvP, unfortunately at this time we have no new information on what those vanity items will be or how they will be awarded. :(

I think players are more worried about the lack of cosmetic upgrades from playing at high(er) ratings. The Elite Set was always something they could "shine" with (I personally just wear it because it is one of the most amazing DK Sets so far) and provides no stat increase (excluding the T2 Weapon). You have decided to add the Elite Gear as a new tier with enhanced stats making it an actual necessary upgrade to the normal set. In my opinion you would be better off removing T2 as a whole or just removing the 2,2 requirement off the weapon. You haven't found a proper solution to people starting later in the season anyway so this change seems almost unjustified. I agree it will be way more fair to give everyone the opportunity to get T2 to balance out Arena and RBG slightly (I agree T2 is ridiculously overpowered versus T1) but there is no reason to remove the requirement off gear until you find a proper solution for the problem that motivated you to make this change.
Also, have you thought about a way to make this enchant more attractive for Death Knights who heavily rely on the Falling Crusader enchantment? Perhaps a new runeforge ability for Death Knights only?

There are so many things you could do to reward players at higher rating. A lot of them not hard to implement swiftly.
It just feels a bit LFR-esque unfinished to me, and I doubt I am alone in that, though I won't judge.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Why not update the rewards you get from WSG, AB etc? Why not add tabards at 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4? Why not add pets, or more importantly, TRANSMOG SETS?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
More vanity items in PvP, as we have said many times, are something that we would like to do. We understand that only having power upgrades as rewards in PvP is not something that the community enjoys. At this point we have an aesthetic and [url="http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95349"]strong weapon enchant[/url] available to PvP'ers which has both a rating requirement and conquest point cost.

Thanks for such a quick response. It's nice to know your thinking of them. But it's unfortunate that you have nothing in the works so far.

I understand a need to get things right, but even a vendor with some fun stuff to use our CP or HP on would be nice. Slap some ratings on, and do it that way.

Something is better than nothing in this situation.

Please try and get something for next patch, would be great to coincide with the catch up mechanics planned for 5.3 :)

And by the way, that enchant is shockingly terrible, how will that help me at all?, it is USELESS for me.
Edited by Aierwin on 04/03/2013 14:02 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
Why make a very good PVP enchant for high rated PVP players, which makes the game less balanced instead of a cosmetic reward which doesn't affect the gameplay at all?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm feeling that basically dual-wielders only get a real buff from this :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/03/2013 12:39Posted by Nakatoir
no

More vanity items in PvP, as we have said many times

vanity items in PvP

is not something that the community enjoys

:(
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
Pvp weapon enchant should be avaible to everyone! Once again people at high rating get more advantage and that is not what they need or are asking for! Make it cosmetic reward only!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
04/03/2013 14:33Posted by Prosít
no

More vanity items in PvP, as we have said many times

vanity items in PvP

is not something that the community enjoys

:(

Hahah, they might as well say that, as they wont do anything anyway. Pve > Pvp when it comes to Blizzard's priority.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
It seems that it is hard to give the old tabards a new colour.
I actually think that it is 15min work, but thats way to much asked for the pvp community ofc....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]