where Oondasta ?

6 Undead Rogue
Hello everyone. waited all day and did not see the boss. whether it will do and when?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
I think it's meant to be in another island, not the main daily one, but it's not going to be a pick up group boss from what I've heard. Pretty sure fansites have guides about everything regarding the patch.

(Also, this isn't really a support issue but they'll likely move it in the morning :p)
Edited by Nyshae on 06/03/2013 22:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Didn't spawn on our realm yet.

Spawns on Isle of Giants(not thunder), at least it did on the ptr.
Reply Quote
6 Undead Rogue
Didn't spawn on our realm yet.
Spawns on Isle of Giants(not thunder), at least it did on the ptr.

i know!

Isle of Giants - it is here and waiting for him. it is not.
Who's seen it all?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
Given it's the 'rare' boss like Galleon I doubt it has a daily respawn.
Reply Quote
wherever....
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Shaman
I believe he's only available once the entire Isle of Thunder has been unlocked, though that part of me brain's gone all foggy. I might've read it wrong, but your guess is as good as mine. Nalak on the other hand I think spawns in Kun-Lai if you wanna go after him though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
It is possible to trickjump your way to the parts of the island which aren't unlocked yet but I doubt that is legal, in which case I never did it.

Edit: with trickjump I just mean trying to jump over the mountains without falling down and trying to get on leveled parts of the mountains which allows you to jump over the wall.
Edited by Draugarth on 07/03/2013 11:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This has been discussed to death but they can't really tune 40man world bosses to heroic raiders when most heroic raid guilds are 10man. More likely 300 People will just zerg him with because the chain lightning thing only hits 20.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
It is possible to trickjump your way to the parts of the island which aren't unlocked yet but I doubt that is legal, in which case I never did it.

At least on PTR Oondasta was on the Isle of Giants as was said on post 3, I don't know if it's been changed though. Or if its spawn is tied to unlocking (which could be as well).

07/03/2013 11:52Posted by Weightlifter
This has been discussed to death but they can't really tune 40man world bosses to heroic raiders when most heroic raid guilds are 10man.

Sure, but it's tap to faction. The guilds can just work together since the loot isn't like a normal or heroic raid boss. Not sure about the zerging, they seem very confident that he won't be just zergable but I don't know why.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Sure, but it's tap to faction
It is, every world boss is tap to faction.

Not sure about the zerging, they seem very confident that he won't be just zergable but I don't know why.
I recall a blue post about oondasta being tuned for HC content raiders, not sure untill I have a kill on live :p

and to answer the OP, he spawns in the middle of the isle and is meant to be this tiers "galleon"
Reply Quote
Community

Oondasta is somewhat rare indeed, so do not expect to see him around every time you visit the Isle of Giants ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Problem is that EU servers restart every morning at 05:00 these days, so if he did actually spawn he was removed again with the restarts and a new spawn cycle started.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nelle your achievement points too much bro..wow that's much,19140..omg.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I was wondering about it myself. He's not supposed to be 'free loot' boss, so why is he still not appearing? It's not like every single fresh 90 is going to zerg him, and graveyard rushing would only result in tons of devilsaurs eating people alive - in addition to chain lightning of death.

Hell, even his loot table isn't all that impressive for the supposed difficulty. So, what gives?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I was wondering about it myself. He's not supposed to be 'free loot' boss, so why is he still not appearing? It's not like every single fresh 90 is going to zerg him, and graveyard rushing would only result in tons of devilsaurs eating people alive - in addition to chain lightning of death.

Hell, even his loot table isn't all that impressive for the supposed difficulty. So, what gives?

no, he is the galleon of 5.2 farly rare - and even harder to kill - blue posts have said it was simular to a hc 5.2 encounter, the fact you can out number it (say bring 500 people) will make it slightly easier but not a great deal so, the tank mechanic is nice - want to see this in future raid XD

the 'free loot' sha 5.2 boss will spawn i think once the isle of thunder is in stage 2-3 and lie chen has been killed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/03/2013 10:27Posted by Vaneras

Oondasta is somewhat rare indeed, so do not expect to see him around every time you visit the Isle of Giants ;-)

I'd like to have an elite world boss not a rare world boss
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
he is in the middle of the Isle of giants, just north from Zouchin village. Seen and killed him twice, was lagtastic and very painful. He seems to spawn every couple of days, so not actually that rare, just takes alot of people to zerg him down, or one raid group of very organised people.
Reply Quote
Community

Agreed, this is an amazing fight of epic proportions and really tiny arms. We definitely want players to have more chances to experience it. The epicness should be about fighting it, not about finding when it spawns, even though that can also be somewhat fun as long as the timer is not so long that it gets frustrating.

You should be able to find Mr. “Tiny Hands” Oondasta a bit more often now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
20/03/2013 08:59Posted by Taepsilum

Agreed, this is an amazing fight of epic proportions and really tiny arms. We definitely want players to have more chances to experience it. The epicness should be about fighting it, not about finding when it spawns, even though that can also be somewhat fun as long as the timer is not so long that it gets frustrating.

You should be able to find Mr. “Tiny Hands” Oondasta a bit more often now.

Please just don't nerf it instantly :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]