Storm, Earth, and Fire - how to use?

90 Pandaren Monk
Hi. I'd like to ask how do you think is the best way to use this new spell in PvE.

Talking about single target fight we can summon only one spirit. That means 40% less damage, but additional 60% make by spirit. Keeping one spirit active should be 20% damage burst. Am I correct?

What about multi target fight? Is good to keep one spirit active at boss and damage adds? Or summon one (or two) spirit(s) at adds and keep damage boss myself?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The spell is not created to make our single target damage higher, but rather increasing our ability to cleave. If you attack a target with a clone on it, you will be doing 60% damage, with a mirror only doing auto-hits, losing a ton of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
as for Pve...i had a chance to try it ad i did quit alot, S,E & F, is very useful for 3 or more mobs, you yourself on the primary target while spirits on the other 2, they also mirror aoe abilities so u can do massive aoe damage.

Keeping one spirit active should be 20% damage burst. Am I correct?

yes you are when u summon 1 spirit you both deal 60% of your normal dmg, so 60% x2 = 120% = +20% damage boost overall, although it hurts u doing lower dmg alone, both together u do more dmg than u alone without spirit...think it matters quite a lot dont u think? Expecially with TeBrew :P

What about multi target fight? Is good to keep one spirit active at boss and damage adds

That would depend on the situation, u can spawn the spirits on adds so that your overall damage(not dps) doesn't drop, but at some point i don't think it makes any difference, tho myself..while doing dungeons using the ability on multiple targets has always increased my dps
Edited by Bliezeejs on 07/03/2013 11:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I did not know that same target as spirit means no ability cleaves. I tried two active spirits at Dummy. Usually I do +-70k DPS with this gear selfbuffed. With spirits it was 95k so yeah, the damage burst is huge.

I tried this spell yesterday on Garalon, but they died almost instantly (very low health, one Crush). I see it can be used in encounters like dogs in MGV are. I belive it will be very usefull spell in multi target encounters where is not requied fast single target damage (Elegon's second phase for example).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]