Updating Blizzard Launcher stuck
Please could you delete the following folders and see if the issue is fixed?
There's a guide on doing this here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-tools-folder-windows
Alternatively you can by pass the launcher and load direct from the file but this only works until a patch is released.
Can you please try the following steps? There's quite a few but since this issue can be caused due to a few different reasons, we need to make sure we go through everything.
1). It's mentioned above, but we really do need to make sure that you remove the Battle.net Tools folder. This should force the update agent to well, update, and the new version should hopefully work when updating:
2). Make sure you delete the Updates folder in your game directory, this should just be in the base directory of whichever game you're trying to patch.
3). Check your Internet Explorer settings. The Launcher uses Internet Explorer no matter which browser you have set as your default. Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options> Connections> LAN settings and make sure that you de-select Automatically Detect settings.
And make sure that you haveUse Automatic configuration Script and Use a Proxy server not checked.
4). Remove any .mfil, .tfil and .pfil files from the game directory, then launch it again. This will force a repair of the client, and ensure there isn't an issue with the client itself.
5). In case the issue is related to another program interfering, try running the game when Windows is in a Selective Startup mode. Just to ensure nothing else non essential is running:
6). Make sure that Secondary Logon service is enabled:
Let us know if you still experience issues with checking for updates after this.
Was working yesterday but was stuck on updating for a week or so before that.
So now its not working again...
I cant even launch the game using the wow.exe file
It worked perfectly fine last night but when I got back from work my sc2 didn't work at all and wow toke long time to open.
Now my wow has same issue as my SC2, tried to reinstall sc2 and can't even get it started when the launcher starts updating something.
I went to https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-tools-folder-windows?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=070413
And did these steps (i had no agent exe so went straight onto 2+)
After I had deleted the Battlenet folder it updated successfuly.
Hope it works for all you guys!
Before trying anything else, try using "(C:) > Program files (possibly (x86) ) > World of Warcraft > Wow.exe"
Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically detect settings" and "Use a proxy server for your LAN..>" boxes.
If you have Mozilla Firefox installed, follow these steps:
Open Mozilla firefox > Options > Go to the "Advanced" tab > Find the "Connections" section and open "Settings" > Make sure the "No proxy" bullet point is selected.
For these steps, make sure "Show hidden files and folders" in selected in you Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders. Then go to (C:) > Program Data > then delete the "Battle.net" and "Blizzard Entertainment" folders.
That's all I've got for now, If I think of anything else I'll let you guys know.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.