Gear disparity: S12 2/2 vs Tyrannical

90 Orc Warrior
I completely agree with thornass on everything he said. i got few s12 male gear on my monk but big junk of them are Tyrannical honor gear i've tried to find a 3v3 team who would go for high rating, but guess what? no one wants me because i have crappy gear (i have full malevolent gear s13 full gems/enchants) and btw im at stormscale so shouldn't be that hard to find a team right? not... i got 1745 rating on my Pala but quit because it was boring
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
14/03/2013 20:36Posted by Virent
Upgrades should've never been added to the game to begin with.

I cant rly agree, they make ppl have the need to play more, but... like 750 Conq pts for half a upg? its just waaaaay too much.

The upgrades need a more realistic cost, something that is acceptable for the ppl who wont go past 2.2 Conq per week, and somewhere so that the higher ups dont just upgrade everything without a thought.

All in all, they had a good idea, just failed a bit at the numbers. I wont claim to have a realistic solution, and there is not a easy one to be found. Blizzard will need to put some serious though into it.

But making item upgrades PvE only would be disastrous. PvE gear has such a massively higher item lvl that if u let them upgrade it they would surpass Resilience and PvP Power, thus making PvE gear better for PvE too.

As for the whole business where upgrades are left on the gear? What to say rly? yes, its a bit unfair, but I guess they realized that they made a mistake (Blizzard) and did the old ''things will sort themselves out''.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage
All blizzard needed to do was properly balance the new gear set so that it had enough resi and pvp power to make up for the loss of other stats I also think it needed more stamina that should not of dropped...

it cant of been hard for them to see 100int = 1% pvp power. so if we take 100 int give them 1% pvp power etc.
Reply Quote
I got a better suggestion.

Remove gear from PvP.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Too bad devs/some people just want imbalance in pvp.
Reply Quote
Ok so I've seen numerous threads like this being answered by blues with their usual bullsh**....

"We can't improve PvP weapons and/or armor due to them being too atrractive for PvE."

Last time I checked PvE has ilvl requirements, if you removed ilvl from PvP armor all together or gave it the same ilvl as PvE armor 2 sets before wouldn't that solve it? You wouldn't get into raids due to having no ilvl and wouldn't be able to queue into LFR/HCs with pvp gear?

Also, how about making the HC and LFR ilvl requirements based of EQUIPPED ilvl and not OVERALL ilvl, which it should have been anyway due to this being so easy to exploit.

There's so many ways that PvP can be fixed, but it seems like Blizz are pulling every excuse out off their a** to justify why they apparently can't.

If a bunch of unqualified players can notice and suggest design faults, why can't their designers?
Reply Quote
It seems to me blizzard simply does not care about the obvious balance issues that have been caused, simply because they want to keep LFR balanced. They have to face it, we PvPers can live with PvE>PvP, but can they at least make PvP>LFR in priorities?
Reply Quote
Posted by Lyaral
There's so many ways that PvP can be fixed,

I think so too.

If a bunch of unqualified players can notice and suggest design faults, why can't their designers?

We, the unqualified ones, may miss out on something. I can't think of anything I'm missing out on, but this might exactly be why I'm not qualified for the job. It would be great if a Blue could post what we are actually missing, though.

This is exactly what I am looking for aswell. So far we have only heard that they dont want honor to be too good in PvE, but why cant they at least stack enough PvP power on the honor weapons for them to compete with the last season conquest weapons? No answer so far!
Reply Quote
Community
THE CONCERN
Season 13 Tyrannical gear has an item level of 493. This is TWO item levels higher than the 2/2 S12 Malevolent. The difference in stats are minimal. Weapons are even worse, as S12 2/2 T2 weapons have better stats than S13 T1.

You’re absolutely right, the difference in ilvl doesn’t make that much sense, and that’s why we’ve decided to change it.
We'll be increasing Tyrannical weapons’ ilvl from 493 to 498, matching the 2/2 upgraded S12 T2 weapons’ ilvl. This should probably go live after this week’s maintenance in most regions.

I understand that a new character will still only have immediate access to S13 Malevolent weapons, which are far behind ilvl 498, but S13 Tyrannical weapons will be available to anyone who goes at least for the minimum conquest cap (1800)+1 RBG in about 4 weeks (matching the required 7250 conquest earned this season to buy T1 Tyrannical weapons).

Again, thanks for keeping us on our toes and continuously helping us improve the game, we really do appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They just need to make the honor gear equivalent to 2/2 Malevolent and T1 equivalent to T2 2/2. The new season needs to be a fresh start.

Edit: Just saw the blue post above. The 493 > 498 ilvl change for the weapon is nice, but you still haven't addressed the fact that people in 476 honor gear are 30k health and thousands of points in secondary stats behind people in 2/2 malevolent, which in my opinion is a much bigger issue than just the weapon difference.
Edited by Thelcar on 19/03/2013 09:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Now only if all classes were wanted in rbgs, to actually get that cap, but that's a different story :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
THE CONCERN
Season 13 Tyrannical gear has an item level of 493. This is TWO item levels higher than the 2/2 S12 Malevolent. The difference in stats are minimal. Weapons are even worse, as S12 2/2 T2 weapons have better stats than S13 T1.

You’re absolutely right, the difference in ilvl doesn’t make that much sense, and that’s why we’ve decided to change it.
We'll be increasing Tyrannical weapons’ ilvl from 493 to 498, matching the 2/2 upgraded S12 T2 weapons’ ilvl. This should probably go live after this week’s maintenance in most regions.

I understand that a new character will still only have immediate access to S13 Malevolent weapons, which are far behind ilvl 498, but S13 Tyrannical weapons will be available to anyone who goes at least for the minimum conquest cap (1800)+1 RBG in about 4 weeks (matching the required 7250 conquest earned this season to buy T1 Tyrannical weapons).

Again, thanks for keeping us on our toes and continuously helping us improve the game, we really do appreciate it.

And where is honor gear buff? U've forgot +10 item lvl's to honor gear...and every one is happy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To point out another thing regarding s13 honor ilvl... I know you've stated how you do not want to force PvE players into PvP just in order to get the best items available.

I say why not? In fact, one of the fastest ways of gathering honor after patch(excluding AV weekend) is simply to farm dungeons with a "strong" group. 360-600 justice points within 5-10 minutes and turning it into honor.

I have always been playing both PvE and PvP, both successfully and I do understand why you think it's wrong forcing PvE players into PvP. But as I stated, the current case doesn't have to be that way.

I was one of those that figured I wanted to play another spec halfway through the season, which later led me to actually quit PvP seeing as I would NEVER catch up in gear. And somehow you've made gear extremely more important. I remember running around in blue gear and still reaching 2500+ in Wotlk. This is simply impossible right now, if you meet anyone decent(actually he could do everything wrong and still win) he can simply outplay you with gear. Because it's so incredibly hard to score a kill when your sitting with lets say 473 ilvl vs someone with t2 and 490 ilvl.

What i'm trying to say is that increasing the weapon ilvl is a good start, but honestly you need to up the overall ilvl of s13 honor to at least 483 in order for people to be able to compete right away(which they obviously should) seeing that's how it's always been in the start of a new season.
Reply Quote
THE CONCERN

You should be a politician not a 'blue.' You just totally dodged the problem.

OUR PROBLEM ISN'T S13 MALEV TO TYRANICAL.. Our problem is how CRAP S13 Malev is compared to upgraded S12 (both T1 and T2) S13 malev can't even compete with T2 due to T2 doing double the damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]