Buggy since 5.2

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Rogue
5.2 seems to have left a lot of bugs for me not sure what's going on.

First of all I created a priest which I aim to make my main over the past few days I've got it to level 43 but it's not showing up on my character list or armory.

On top of this all flight paths aren't being automatically found now I have to manually find them for myself.

If this wasn't enough since the patch I've had constant lag spikes battle.net keeps disconnecting me every 2 minutes literally. Also quest givers bug out when I want to hand in/pick up some quests and I have to /rl my interface to fix this or restart all together sometimes.

I've cleaned my cache/WTF folder out I've also tried disabling addons and I still get the same problems. Not sure what to do seems a mess all around in fairness.
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Monk
On top of this all flight paths aren't being automatically found now I have to manually find them for myself.

That's intended.

First of all I created a priest which I aim to make my main over the past few days I've got it to level 43 but it's not showing up on my character list or armory.

Armory has been buggy for a while, it's not since 5.2. There's a sticky about this.

As for the rest, no idea, not had issues like that.
Customer Service
Hey Sheyshoo,

The armory issues are unrelated to patch 5.2, these have been going on for a while now, there is a sticky at the top of these forums about it.

The flightpaths are an intentional change, it's been reverted the the old method where you have to discover them yourself.

Disabling addons often isn't enough, try a full UI reset to see if that helps with the other issues.

Edit: Nyshae'd
Edited by Tiogaradh on 09/03/2013 16:33 GMT
90 Night Elf Druid
I've unlocked some flight paths on my rogue for instance wetlands by running from Ironforge but when i was in wetlands i couldn't fly out to any flightpaths outside of wetlands so i hs'ed back to sw and now i cant fly to a wetlands flightpath..

Is that intentional? flight paths disappearing once you've unlocked them?!
90 Tauren Druid
The flightpaths are an intentional change, it's been reverted the the old method where you have to discover them yourself.

*eyes light up*

I've wanted this change for so long! I'm very glad it's been changed back. This news has made my day. :)
90 Tauren Shaman
10/03/2013 15:56Posted by Wíntér
I've unlocked some flight paths on my rogue for instance wetlands by running from Ironforge but when i was in wetlands i couldn't fly out to any flightpaths outside of wetlands so i hs'ed back to sw and now i cant fly to a wetlands flightpath..

iirc, You need to have Thelsamar (whatever-its-called) to fly from IF to Wetlands, so check you got Loch Modan accounted for
- CS
100 Draenei Priest
Tnarg's right. You will still have your Wetlands flightpoints but, if you're missing an intermediate fp, then you can't actually fly there. Did you get Menethil while you were there as that is the major Wetlands hub and you should certainly be able to fly there direct from IF.
*eyes light up*

I've wanted this change for so long! I'm very glad it's been changed back. This news has made my day. :)

YES! Same here! It's such a small change but really makes big difference to the feel of leveling an alt.
90 Draenei Shaman
*eyes light up*

YES! Same here! It's such a small change but really makes big difference to the feel of leveling an alt.

....not when you lvl your XXX alt. Or when you play for many years...

This is a bad change. Runing on your feet for 30 min too reach a new zone just for a FP is not my kind of fun any more.

I stil remember horible darmasus---) stormwind run.
Ah I dunno, eight years of WoW, a stupid amount of alts across two accounts, I'd personally still prefer to go find my own flight points :) I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

I stil remember horible darmasus---) stormwind run.

Though that said, I hated that run with an absolute flaming fiery passion.
MVP
10 Pandaren Mage
Though that said, I hated that run with an absolute flaming fiery passion.

I still hear the screams..... *shudder* *rocks in corner*
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm in two minds about the flight path change.

Whilst I think any new players should have to explore the world to gain the luxury of a flight path, it serves no purpose at all when I'm leveling an alt.

What do I gain from seeing the same stretch of road for the 7th time? Not very much.

Unless such a thing has already been implemented (And pardon me if it has been, I haven't been on my alts since the change), then I think giving people who have already leveled a character to 90 (Other than Death Knights for obvious reasons) on a particular faction should receive automatic level-based flight path unlocks for their alts.

It's probably a bit more complicated to do than just turning the mechanic off, but it's a nice idea in my opinion, if it were to ever be considered as a future change.
100 Gnome Rogue
SW board sends you to Eastern Plaguelands. No flying mount.
I don't like this change :(
84 Human Paladin
So just how much of a backwards step is this with the flight paths....

Can see no really point to it exept to add yet another time sink for alts.

Perhaps a more sensible approach would be you have to discover it on your 1st or highest level chars thats leveling through new content then its automatically discovered for all chars on that realm.

But there is only so many times running the same place that it then becomes a really pain and no fun at all.
90 Troll Hunter
Annnnnnnnnd i'll never level another alt again, it's bad enough with everything in MoP..
90 Undead Death Knight
Hey Sheyshoo,

The armory issues are unrelated to patch 5.2, these have been going on for a while now, there is a sticky at the top of these forums about it.

Disabling addons often isn't enough, try a [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/resetting-your-ui?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU"]full UI reset[/url] to see if that helps with the other issues.

Edit: Nyshae'd

Great to see this, happen, cause although having the flight paths unlock automatically was a big convenience,all it did was help to kill the spirit of adventure in the game bigtime, such as exploration, discovery of new places etc, glad to see you done this blizz, now please remove automatic discovery of every azeroth zone upon reaching level 85, this has also killed the adventure in the game as well imo.
100 Tauren Warrior
After getting 5 chars to 90 and levelling 12 blood dks at the same time after having levelled 14 already, I really have to disagree with this change.

Normally, when I'm level 62, I set the hearthstone in shattrath, without being able to fly yet ofc cause I don't have enough gold, since every dk must be created in another realm and I can't send gold cross realm, and take the flight path to zabra'jin, then I'll take my ground mount and go solo slave pens like always till level 64.

Now with this change, it's just a nightmare getting from shattrath to coilfang reservoir with a ground mount, even using the waterwalker one, and I don't even want to think to northrend, I used to set HS in dalaran and take flight path to the dungeon I'd have soloed from 75 to 81, now I'll have to use my flying mount which, thanks to the fact I can't send gold cross-realm, only has 150% speed, so insanely slower than flight paths.

Agreed with what others said, this change is good for new players, for players with 5-10 or more chars is terrible, since for instance I know all flight paths location by memory by now (at least the ones close to dungeons I solo), it's not fun, it's a time-sink.

So making flight paths available automatically only since the second char would be more fair IMO, doesn't take away the feeling of discovery from the first char, but doesn't force you to spend so much time on every alt to fly where you have to.
Edited by Esploratore on 25/03/2013 05:26 GMT
MVP
10 Pandaren Mage
So making flight paths available automatically only since the second char would be more fair IMO, doesn't take away the feeling of discovery from the first char, but doesn't force you to spend so much time on every alt to fly where you have to.

Why not suggest it? You can do so in game, click the red question mark and click the Suggestions option. Good idea tbh.
42 Blood Elf Priest
just lvl in dungeons then you dont need any flight points.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]