Make pandaren neutral up to level 90

90 Tauren Warrior
Now pandaren race is at start neutral until when you have to choose your side. Because of this side picking I don't start panda char.

I would like pandaren to be a race which can choose their side if they like or be neutral/friendly/hostile with horde and/or alliance. I would definitely be neutral with horde/alliance up to 90 because every panda can choose freely his/hers path without to be forced to drink from red or blue ale mug ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
i can't see the point here...

unless, you want to levelup to 90 without getting ganked once on a pvp server, which i doubt it would ever happen.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
How would you quest?
Theres not that many neutral quests, and who would you do bgs / que dungeons with
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
i would like to see this too but more in-depth all races start with no faction and faction is only used for PvP

after the cataclysm the line in the sand that was horde vs alliance is almost gone the night elves and turren are best buds up in hyjal and moonglade thrall was trying to end fighting with the alliance there are races from both sides working for the other side all over the place its about time the chose a faction and stick with it ended that's not the azoroth we live in any more so to speak

on PvE realms if you attack a horde faction NPC your soft flagged and the horde NPC will attack you until you have stayed away from that faction for a period of time 30min or so PvP stays the same you flag PvP you become hard flagged for your chosen faction and are attack-able by players you can change factions you just have to work on the rep like with all other factions join the fight or stay neutral the choice is yours

PvP servers would stay the same constant pvp with your chosen faction but you can cahnge factions but with a hefty toll like the aldor and sythers
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
This idea is pointless. This is a game about the war between two factions. Making a playable race that's neutral up until maximum level would render everything useless.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
This idea is pointless. This is a game about the war between two factions. Making a playable race that's neutral up until maximum level would render everything useless.

I know a few people that "escaped" the wandering isle before making a faction choice.
gota love having access to both AH
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I understand that many of you don't understand the variety of options how to play the game but I still think the more options you have the better. This view needs some imagination.

E.g. in this neutral case you could quest on both horde/alliance territories, like horde/alliance players alike BUT the quests would be neutral by nature (gathering, killing beasts/monsters and so on but not hostile missions against other faction AND AGAIN BUT you could do that also > options in quest log).

You could do random dungeons/raids normally but with both factions.

You could do PvP and in those you would fight against players from both factions and get honor/conquest points (other neutral players would be on the same side as you but not like 3rd faction rather like mercenary buddies who are formally bound together only because of the rewards) . In team PvP you could choose the faction in which you fight against the other faction.
Edited by Lapinhärkä on 19/03/2013 09:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Make all races neutral. Factions are useless.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There are hints that some devastating common enemy is coming (the Burning Legion?) and horde/alliance must work together to fight it (like during the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj). We'll wait and see...
Reply Quote
12 Troll Hunter
This won't work for numerous reasons. You cant get into a guild,so you can't use guild perks,can't use heirlooms also. Not to mention removing the social aspect of a guild completely till you reach 90,which should take some time without heirlooms etc.
Can't do dungeons/bgs/faction quests which are like 90% of the quests etc
But you can always get to max level killing boars in Redridge Mountains.
Edited by Pewpewhunter on 19/03/2013 09:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
There are hints that some devastating common enemy is coming (the Burning Legion?) and horde/alliance must work together to fight it (like during the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj). We'll wait and see...

there's a big difference between factions working together holding hands,

like undead and humans <3
Orcs and night elves <3

and

factions fighting each other while a Panda trolling us all.
Edited by Konic on 19/03/2013 09:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The way questing could work would be if you go into either quest hubs and pick up quests but you couldn't have quests from both factions at the same time.

What do you all think to the idea of a Panadren being able to change faction once?
Reply Quote
You would also be guildless and unable to use the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You would also be guildless and unable to use the auction house.

You can play without guild fine.

You could use AH:s of both factions as a neutral char > just walk in capitals and use them.
Edited by Lapinhärkä on 19/03/2013 10:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
19/03/2013 09:37Posted by Konic

there's a big difference between factions working together holding hands,

like undead and humans <3
Orcs and night elves <3

and

factions fighting each other while a Panda trolling us all.

I just wish that the ominous future I wrote about will be totally different kind of co-operation between factions what we have seen so far > this wasn't related my original topic only a side note of interest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The way questing could work would be if you go into either quest hubs and pick up quests but you couldn't have quests from both factions at the same time.

What do you all think to the idea of a Panadren being able to change faction once?

Faction change once why not.
Reply Quote
This makes no sense. If you want to play single player, theres plenty of Warcraft games to choose from. World of warcraft is a multiplayer game. The option of levelling up a character without any social interaction goes against all principles of the game. If you are able to enter dungeons with both factions your queues would pop faster, you would be able to only do the fast quests from both factions. This is in so many ways unfair to the rest of the classes. Nobody would ever level up normally again.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
19/03/2013 08:04Posted by Lapinhärkä
be neutral with horde/alliance up to 90

So your are saying that no player rolling a panda wants to do any PvP at all 1-89?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This makes no sense. If you want to play single player, theres plenty of Warcraft games to choose from. World of warcraft is a multiplayer game. The option of levelling up a character without any social interaction goes against all principles of the game. If you are able to enter dungeons with both factions your queues would pop faster, you would be able to only do the fast quests from both factions. This is in so many ways unfair to the rest of the classes. Nobody would ever level up normally again.

Neutral option would have it's pros/cons like everything else that no one would be treated unfair and neutral option would be anything but unsocial option. This is just idea which blizz will implement someday ;)

P.S. Why so serious?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]