Haunting Spirit

90 Blood Elf Priest
Can someone please confirm if Haunting Spirit, needed to craft tailoring items (new discovery @ 600) can ONLY be obtained from disenchanting ilvl 522 epics from the Normal and Heroic versions of the new Zandalar and Mogu raids and NOT lfr version? i.e. Last Stand Of The Zandalari etc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Would like to know this too, currently trying to learn the agility mail for my Hunter, but i if i never stand a chance of getting the spirits other than from AH, i might aswell stop wasting the materials.
Reply Quote
39 Goblin Shaman
I DE-ed a a wrist that dropped from my LFR. Got a sha crystal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I DE-ed an item from LFR and got a Haunting Spirit. But its probably a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shouldnt we get spirits from items from oondasta too, or is it only from 522 gear from within ToT we will get these spirits ? DE'ed a belt from oondasta, but only got a crystal from it. Can anyone tell me plz ?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I've seen someone get a Haunting Spirit from a bag in LFR.

Probably extremely rare, but worth mentioning
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Got a haunting spirits from a cloak from lfr
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
as far as i know the spirits are only meant to be obtainable from de'ing normal raid drops and occasionally from the loot bags, not from vendor items or world bosses or lfr items, same as it was for the blood spirits.
Edited by Foxierowan on 21/03/2013 17:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've got a few recipes but no point having them with the cost of Haunting Spirit at 12k each on my server. It puts the price of an item out of reach for most players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
as far as i know the spirits are only meant to be obtainable from de'ing normal raid drops and occasionally from the loot bags

in that case it is really pointless to have those craft item if cant get LFR loot item i know blizzard wont let recipe like BS, Leatherwork and talior drop in LFR but i so hope the like this item drop otherwise what is the point if will never set your foot in normal raid run?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
yeah i agree it is annoying. They are so expensive on the ah atm, and it will be a good long while before they come down in price.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So far I cannot get a reply from a Blizzard staff member as to whether or not Haunting Spirit can be obtained from LFR by disenchanting or in bags, either they don't want to tell us or they just can't be bothered to help players with crafting and want to 'force' players who have a craft to raid normal and heroic. Personally, I don't do those raids because I have issues with using a voice chat with people I don't know ( have Apergers) and 90% of raid leaders insist on using voice chat before allowing entry to a raid when tactics can be gained from doing lfr and youtube plus other sources. Blizzard need to realise that not everyone is comfortable or even able to do normal/heroic raids and that LFR is the only option.

If you don't know what AS is then please don't comment on this as you have no idea the hell I go through trying to do anything that involves interacting with other players. Any comment that is targeted at me or disabilities that is deemed to be harmful WILL be reported.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It cannot be obtained from lfr anymore, it was hotfixed pretty fast. Also, epics of ilvl 522 that are not from throne of thunder normal or heroic, wont give haunting spirits when de'ed.
(for example oondasta loot)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Deleting my professions that require it as we speak, there is no point continuing them since any items learned will be too expensive to craft, for one item, it will cost around 80k for the haunting spirit. Thanks blizzard for making this a raiders only game.
Edited by Blindedfaith on 02/04/2013 20:17 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can somebody finaly say i haunting sprits drops form Oondasta items? just dissed str necka nd onyl sha crystal pls, confirm
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Can somebody finaly say i haunting sprits drops form Oondasta items? just dissed str necka nd onyl sha crystal pls, confirm

Haunting spirits should be a 100% chance from any item that drops it. Atm i dont think anything apart from actual epics dropping in ToT normal/heroic give them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oondasta loot doesn't give Haunting Spirits.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Deleting my professions that require it as we speak, there is no point continuing them since any items learned will be too expensive to craft, for one item, it will cost around 80k for the haunting spirit. Thanks blizzard for making this a raiders only game.

What a waste! Look at the prices of Blood Spirits now, like, 350G median per server? Haunting Spirits are Expensive right now because very few items in the grand scheme of things are being DE'd. It's simply a waiting game until they come down to a reasonable price.

Use this time to make sure you're completing your daily craft and learning all of the recipes you can on your profession of choice. When Haunting Spirits come within your budget, craft a few bits and make some good profit from it.

It shocks me how people can be "Want want want, now now now" for brand new items and craftables. Just be patient.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
For me it's not a case of "want, want, want, now, now, now" as you put it. For me, it's a case of, why bother letting me discover the plans so easily as i will pretty much never make them, as now i can no longer obtain the Spirits? I only raid LFR, which ofc is a personal choice, but the old system where raiders got the plans drop from Normal/Heroic modes, seems better to me, than this way. As the plans and spirits dropped in the same place. Which made sense. This way, does not (to me).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
By the time Haunting Spirits become readily available to craft these items we'll be on the next tier with better loot drops than the crafted items.

What if Alchemists could transmute something like 3 Blood Spirits into a Haunting Spirit?
Do you think that would help matters?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]