ToT lfr is totally useless

(Locked)

i have done ToT lfr, first normal run so i got the bag from every boss + i used 3 coins, and once with only coins, totally i spent 6 coins and no loot at all. srsly is the droprate on 5% on every boss or what!? it's freakin lfr!
10 Blood Elf Monk
it's freakin lfr!

Exactly, enjoy the fact you actually get to see the content :^)
94 Tauren Druid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomness
86 Pandaren Warrior
Yes, droprates are back to normal in the new raids, which means it's gloves off again for the RNG.
100 Pandaren Monk
You're based your point off of your amazingly high sample of....6?
91 Human Paladin
i have done ToT lfr, first normal run so i got the bag from every boss + i used 3 coins, and once with only coins, totally i spent 6 coins and no loot at all. srsly is the droprate on 5% on every boss or what!? it's freakin lfr!

Both of those runs were with RF system?
Because I thought that bosses could only drop things once per week (with or without coins), so all this got me confused...
once i run it normal, and once i run it with only mogu coins, and didint get anything at all on those 2 runs
90 Undead Mage
You didn't get any loot from a raid on your first run --Instant--> conclusion: The Raid is useless

well i see it working as intended,
but that's just me.
100 Human Warrior
That's because the drop rates in the Throne of Thunder Looking-For-Raid version is the same as the old drop rate from the Tier 14 Looking-For-Raid :-)

The coins have a low chance of awarding you items, just as it was in the 5.0 raids. On the other hand, a handful of 6 examples is a rather limited sample to draw conclusions on what the droprate is, or how useful the Raid Finder of Throne of Thunder is, particularly for those folks that have been running mostly the 5.0 Raid Finders but nothing else beyond that difficulty.

However, if you're a normal raider, it's likely that, in the long run, Raid Finder won't hold many interesting items for you, since Normal gear has a higher item level (522 as opposed to LFR's 502).
1 Human Warlock
If you want gear then join a raiding guild and erm, raid? If all you do is LFR then you have to accept that gear comes down to RNG and RNG only.
100 Human Warrior
On the other hand, a handful of 6 examples is a rather limited sample to draw conclusions on what the droprate is, or how useful the Raid Finder of Throne of Thunder is, particularly for those folks that have been running mostly the 5.0 Raid Finders but nothing else beyond that difficulty.

This pretty much, yesterday me and my mates did ToT LFR and on Horridon my mate got 2, yes 2 items! And then my other friend got 2 items on Council :-) So it's indeed RNG.
90 Goblin Hunter
I remember once running DS normal 4 times in a row without getting any upgrades...I don't remember getting this mad about it :d.
97 Undead Rogue
I remember once running DS normal 4 times in a row without getting any upgrades...I don't remember getting this mad about it :d.

The people that whine about the current LFR loot system clearly never experienced the joys of the old system.

1: Hope the item drops
2: Hope there isnt alot of competition for main spec
3: Hope there isnt alot of off-spec needers
4: Hope there arent ninja's

The new system erased 3 of those. A step forward in my opinion.
98 Night Elf Druid
ToT LFR is also bugged - me and a healer friend queued up once, got council - fine whatever, killed it and requeued... and got dumped in at council again (which of course meant we got slapped with a 30 min debuff as we aren't going to do a boss with no chance at loot).

Would be nice if you guys could like... fix that - should never be dumped in at a boss we can't receive loot from, I don't care how much they need a healer.

With regards to tokens I've seen 1 piece of loot from 12 rolls; kinda crap but LFR loot has always been rubbish so what's new?

If you want gear then join a raiding guild and erm, raid? If all you do is LFR then you have to accept that gear comes down to RNG and RNG only.

Sure, I'm totally expecting to get gear in my 10man with TWENTY items on the loot table and only TWO dropping each kill - I probably actually have a better chance of getting loot in LFR than 10-man.

The loot tables this tier are way too big.
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Monk

I remember many, many months without the tier 2 priest chest dropping in BWL. Our priests were fuming <.<
90 Human Monk
It this a troll post?

Why do people expect loot every boss kill...

I wish there was more data available directly from Blizz about drop rates of items
Edited by Onimusha on 15/03/2013 22:31 GMT
90 Goblin Warlock
15/03/2013 21:17Posted by Shir
Would be nice if you guys could like... fix that - should never be dumped in at a boss we can't receive loot from, I don't care how much they need a healer.

This is fully intended so that groups are more likely to finish and not simply disband. This was implemented last patch some time to shorten queue times and replace people that leave after the only boss they're interested in looting. You get valor from subsequent runs, so it isn't a complete waste. How would you feel if you were that group requiring more people to join and Blizzard "fixed" it so that no one would join that wasn't eligible for loot?
90 Tauren Druid
I got tier gloves plus a trinket for offspec.

More than that, i got to down the first three bosses of a new raid!

As others have pointed out. Random.
90 Human Paladin
A guildie of mine got 5 items from LFR. Obviously using his coins to. So ye some ppls are lucky some arn't. Look at me i got 2x items, using 1 coin. So iam happy for that ^^.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]