Honor bought Malevolent weapons

90 Tauren Druid
The issue is that since Blizzard is keeping iLvL on PvP gear down so much, PvE gear will be better than PvP gear, especially for healers! How can you not see this Blizzard?

What is your plan to correct this issue?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
16/03/2013 17:07Posted by Kungzharel
Why should alts get same gear with lot of slighter effort than people who were playing and upgrading their gear whole season?
Because it sucks not being able to enjoy your alt(s) because you're just gonna get destroyed by 2/2 T2 players. It's not much of an option to play with "such" players either; I'd rather broaden my arena partner selection range than shrinking it.
I don't care if you or I or anybody else have dedicated their life to one single character, I just want to have fun god damn it. Is that so hard to understand?

Wonderful idea.... can you imagine the skyrocketing in fotm with such a stupid idea?
With no cost to get the best gear many people would swap in a second.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Posted by Kungzharel

Why should alts get same gear with lot of slighter effort than people who were playing and upgrading their gear whole season?

Because it sucks not being able to enjoy your alt(s) because you're just gonna get destroyed by 2/2 T2 players. It's not much of an option to play with "such" players either; I'd rather broaden my arena partner selection range than shrinking it.
I don't care if you or I or anybody else have dedicated their life to one single character, I just want to have fun god damn it. Is that so hard to understand?

Wonderful idea.... can you imagine the skyrocketing in fotm with such a stupid idea?
With no cost to get the best gear many people would swap in a second.

People are not asking for honor weapons to be the best. They are asking for them to be competative! 28 item levels differance, is not competative. If the differance was around 10 or so, noone would be whining.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't think there's much point complaining about it. Blizzard made a decision, though unfair for people who didn't play seriously last season, regarding the PvP gear and I'm 99% sure they aren't going back on it now.

Not saying I agree with the OP, but Blizzard changes their minds all the time and thank god for that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
"PvE and PvP are still way too intrinsically tied together for this to happen......."

Sorry and no offence intended, but that is rubbish.

The itemization difference on the PvP and Pve gear should be sufficient to seperate their usage. And then the item Level should not really matter.

These two areas are or atleast should be seperated well enough to be treated seperately after all these years.

No serious raidleaders would "force" anyone to get same ilvl pvp weapons With the current secondary stats.

In Vanilla you got the epic pvp weapon after many months of dedication, and still it was only beaten by naxx weapons.

My caster sword from viscidus back then was equal to the epic pvp caster dagger.
I had them both and was proud of achieving them in different ways.

Now loot needs to come as easy as logging in. Doing a few simply dailies is enough to get the masses of "hardcore" raiders whining about getting forced to do stuff outside raids.

Blizzard really needs to stop catering the "raiders" who whine about this mysterious force.

Preparation outside raids is a good thing. It builds a sense of dedication, commitment and achievement when you have farmed for hours just to get that 1 kill later that evening.

The current model of dont need to farm anything ruins those sensations when it comes to getting first kills.

Blizzard may be the first Company who started to really listen to feedback and apply it to their games, but I remember well when the game you bought is what you got.

Sometimes Blizzard listens to the kids who cry wolf when they get too many.
And sadly there are way many more kids playing pve and whine about pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
PvE and PvP are still way too intrinsically tied together in WoW for this to happen, and I think you all know it, I do understand why we keep getting these sort of requests, I feel the same way too whenever I get into arena with a new alt, but we have to accept that this is an mmorpg and getting loot upgrades is a big and essential part of the genre.

Loot might not be what drives you, but it sure is what drives a whole lot of other people. Even after we’ve made PvP weapons less attractive for PvE and vice-versa, there are still quite a lot of players that go into arena with a set goal in mind, can be a T2 weapon, shoulders or even a full set. The time that these players will probably spend in the arena should be less now though, since we’ve removed rating requirements from all items except for the weapon enchant, but these players will still have to play until they get at least 27000 Conquest for the whole season if they seek T2 gear.

Could you please explain why there is a weapon enchant that is only viable for melees? Isnt that a bit unfair against casters?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Could you please explain why there is a weapon enchant that is only viable for melees? Isnt that a bit unfair against casters?

Yeah, would like to know that too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sign me up for info on the weapon enchant aswell.

And while at it, please explain why PvP power is supposed to be worse for healers than for DPS, shouldnt healers also want PvP items, or is it only for dps, and healers should start running heroics if they want gladiator?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
just remove ilvl from pvp weapons altogether

then adjust the stats accordinly
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

yeah, rbg players who get a lot more conquest then arena players should really get an edge in arenas.

Ah, I see - you're 1,5k in Arenas but 2,4k in rbg. Of course you need that edge - i understand now, arcane explosion spam doesn't work in arenas to get a high rating. :)

For real? I'm sick and tired of some backpeddling rbgers in arena who keyboardturn but destroy my alt just because they can kill me in a cc-chain (not every time - but this shouldn't be a thing at all, pvp is atm bursty as it is). Honor Gear is fine until you face someone like that.

It's like in starcraft when the opponent has from the start of the season 30 more supply because he played in the last one.

But blizz just don't want the ilvl scaling in arenas(/rbgs) like in challenge modes which is sad imho.
Reply Quote
92 Human Rogue
18/03/2013 09:12Posted by Taepsilum
Loot might not be what drives you, but it sure is what drives a whole lot of other people.

You're completely missing the point. Sure loot may be important to some but it should not shadow the competitive nature of arena.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
18/03/2013 18:00Posted by Justdance
Loot might not be what drives you, but it sure is what drives a whole lot of other people.

You're completely missing the point. Sure loot may be important to some but it should not shadow the competitive nature of arena.
Reply Quote
Perhaps even disallow people with certain PVE ilvls to join BG/arenas(if they switch gear to join queue then give them an error for too high PVE ilvl, and block them equipping items)? May be scale differently for BG and Arenas.

Arena: Should really not join with any PVE item

BG: Tolerance for some pve items should be made
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Let's imagine that honor PvP items were slightly better for PvE than LFR loot.

Would it really be so bad?

Arena participation is down to a fraction of what it used to be in wrath. Probably overall PvP participation too.

Would it really be so horrible if some of the PvE players did PvP to gear up for normalmodes? It might bring some life back into PvP?

On top of that PvPers have had to do PvE for BiS items for 3 expansions now. Would it really be so horrible if PvE players had the option to do PvP to gear up for normal modes?

AND AS YOU SAY TIME AND TIME AGAIN
PvE and PvP are still way too intrinsically tied together in WoW

- If the two are so closely tied together, WOULD IT REALLY MATTER IF ONE HAD TO DO ONE OR THE OTHER AT LOWER GEAR LEVELS??

I MEAN, WE ARENT EXACTLY ASKING FOR GEAR THAT YOU CAN SKIP STRAIGHT TO HEROIC RAIDING WITH. JUST SOMETHING THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU A COMPLETE WALKOVER AT 1700 IN 3v3 AGAINST PEOPLE WHO PLAYED LAST SEASON.
Reply Quote
Hi there!
I started playing a month before the end of the 12 season. Naturally, I could not even think about how to successfully fight in arenas and battlegrounds. 2/2 T2, you know. And now, in the new season, history repeats itself.
Now I can have fun playing BGs, thanks to a complete s13 honor set. But the problem is that I can play BGs ONLY .
You know why?

I'm sick and tired of some backpeddling rbgers in arena who keyboardturn but destroy my alt just because they can kill me in a cc-chain (not every time - but this shouldn't be a thing at all, pvp is atm bursty as it is). Honor Gear is fine until you face someone like that.

Thats why.
I hate those guys with 2.4+k RBG rating, who still sitting on 1k-1.5k mmr in 2s/3s. And 75%(or even more maybe) of them are bastards, who abused MMR bugs with no shame(on RU realms). In this case, you were punished 10% (at best) of them. And the remaining 90% even received your reward in the form of 2/2 T2. Do you really care about LFR after all this sh*t? You must be kidding me, Blizzard.
GGWP.
P.S.: Sorry for my english.
Edited by Овердоуз on 19/03/2013 09:29 GMT
Reply Quote
Community

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this enchant.
Once we’ve switched the way Elite gear becomes available to players (from the 2200 rating requirement to 27000 Conquest Point requirement), we felt the need to add something cosmetic, to visually distinguish high rated players from the rest, it’s just a cool thing to do and players were clearly asking for it, recognition is generally a good thing, it values people and it’s very motivational.

So the issue I have with this is that we’ve changed the way players can buy Elite gear, partially because ilvl disparity in PvP only helps to further increase itself, once players start to get Elite gear, the gap between those players and the ones still trying to grab it, widens, and it gets harder to beat those players.
So what does this have to do with the enchant? Well, the enchant was introduced as one of those visually distinguishable features exclusively available to high rated players, which causes 2 problems:
- If the enchant is too good for PvP, it will reintroduce the first problem that we’ve tried to solve back into the equation.
- If it’s too bad for PvP, no high rated player will want to use it, so the item becomes pointless.

So for this to actually work in its current form it simply needs to be on par with top PvE Enchants. This sort of balance can be hard to achieve, especially when we have static stats and characters that can duel-wield and others that cannot, so it’s not just about casters vs melee.
We’re aware of the issues being reported about this enchant and about not having more cosmetic perks to make high rated players stand out from the crowd. We’ll make sure to pass your feedback along to devs.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
19/03/2013 10:13Posted by Taepsilum
Once we’ve switched the way Elite gear becomes available to players (from the 2200 rating requirement to 27000 Conquest Point requirement), we felt the need to add something cosmetic, to visually distinguish high rated players from the rest,

Tabards?
Reply Quote
Community

No, of course not, competitiveness is always there, but the players involved in the competition have different goals in mind, and for some that goal can be loot.
What I meant was - depending on how strong that main goal is when compared to other motivations that a player has to compete, like “fame and glory”, personal satisfaction or recognition, that player may or may not stop playing after he reaches his main goal (loot).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Once we’ve switched the way Elite gear becomes available to players (from the 2200 rating requirement to 27000 Conquest Point requirement), we felt the need to add something cosmetic, to visually distinguish high rated players from the rest
Yes.

We pay so much attention to "i wonder his enchants color". It's the gear, not the enchants unfortunately. I'm only going to play for 2,200 myself for the enchant, because it's better than my current offhand enchant. Besides, not all weapon transmogs have visible enchants..

soo.... kind of a failed attempt, wasn't it? I can at least give credit that it was an attempt, but the community has CRIED for tabards as a high rated reward since you removed them. Why haven't you listened to them, instead brought out a idea that not even everyone wants? Certain classes won't ever take the enchant, because it's worse than JS / DS etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]