Exact same thing for pvp power. Just different wording obviously.
Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I totally misstyped me there, thank an all-nighter for that. I meant 5.2 Heroic PvE gear. Especially openers from Rogue teams (mass stealth) might totally gib the enemy teams within the first few seconds. We will see how it goes, I guess. ;)No biggie, I assumed you did and that is why I mentioned 5.2 in the post ;)
Mathmatically speaking, the 476 honor gear is currently better than 493 tyrannical AND 2/2 upgraded Malo.... SAD BUT TRUE. deny all you want blizzard, but please l2 math. No reason at all to buy anything but the honor gear if this dosen't get fixed.
Overall there is a 273 Resilience and PvP Power difference between the Malevolent and Tyrannical gear. The reason the PvP stats on the Malevolent gear is so high is because of compensation for the lowered item levels on the Season 13 Honor gear comparitively to the Season 12 Malevolent gear.
I explained this in a previous post, so I will quote it here:
- 5.1 Malevolent Gear has a higher ilevel than 5.2 Malevolent Gear.
- 5.2 Malevolent Gear has more PvP Power/Resilience than 5.1 Malevolent Gear.
- 5.1 Malevolent Gear
- 483 ilevel (491 with 2/2 upgrades)
- ~30 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
- 5.2 Malevolent Gear
- 476 ilevel
- ~36 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
That explains the high PvP stats on the season 13 Malevolent gear. When you consider that the Tyrannical armor for season 13 does not receive this compensation, its PvP stats are slightly lower, but the base stats on it are much higher and in the end it is an upgrade for your character. For a comprehensive comparison of these items, please check out [url="http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=94339:94370:94391:94428:94436;91600:91602:91604:91606:91608;84839:84857:84877:84902:84919&focus=0"]WoWhead[/url].
(This is a comparison of the Monk Ironskin sets using non-upgraded S12 gear, so feel free to change it to your own class)Can someone please confirm if this is intended or not???This is intended, at this current point we have no plans to change the stats on the current gear sets.
Blizzard should simply hand honor gear for free, obtainable as soon as pgs reach 90. Then put this big sign on any pvp item "does not work against mobs". Pve equip gets the opposite treatment, does not work against players.
Problem solved, that way balancing equip would not be a bother for Blizzard, new 90s would not complain for getting their butts kicked in random bgs and noone would grind honor gear to enter LFR.
As a matter of fact most of us are not going to see the elite version of Tyrannical gear until the end of the season; and heroic pve trinkets (probably the same goes for weapons) are way better for dps specs than "elite" pvp ones.
You don't get it.
1) World pvp is out of the equation. There, both sets work, it's not like it has to be balanced. Change the tooltip if you want: "Does not work in any instanced pve/pvp environment". Solved.
2) How can handing free starter gear be dumb? Pveers already got starter gear, that's that gear they leveled up with. By handing starter gear to pvpers too you would simply put em on even ground when entering bgs. Sake of balance. And, no, I never said "give em free elite gear". Honor gear is simply a headstart, something you can pvp with without being utterly frustrated. At that point you must pvp a lot to get better gear, the same path pveers have to walk to get it.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.