Rushing Jade Wind + Spinning Crane Kick bug

(Locked)

90 Draenei Monk
Hi,
There seems to be an issue as of the latest patch (deployed earlier this evening (11/03/13)). It seems to have caused an error with the way that Rushing Jade Wind interacts with Spinning Crane Kick, at least with the damage multiplier caused by RJW, causing Spinning Crane Kick to hit for impossibly high numbers (I was getting 13-14M crits in LFR).
With heroic progression coming tomorrow and Wednesday for US and EU respectively me and several other people who noticed this bug thought it would be appropriate to post this in as many places as possible to stop this being abused to beat heroic-modes.
Thanks,
Infii.
90 Pandaren Monk
It's hilarious =) shouldn't be abused for raids tho, but play around a bit while you can! =)
90 Pandaren Monk
It's very hard for me to resist not going and doing some achievements I'd never be able to get, but I don't want to get banned so yes. Play around with it if anything. It works in PVP too by the way, at least in a /duel.
90 Pandaren Monk
It's very hard for me to resist not going and doing some achievements I'd never be able to get, but I don't want to get banned so yes. Play around with it if anything. It works in PVP too by the way, at least in a /duel.

Same, but playing around a bit in solo/5mans shouldn't be too harmful.
90 Pandaren Monk
Mhm. I wonder how long it'll take to get a blue reponse on the monk forums NOW, hmm? Maybe they'll notice how wound up we are with all the other monk changes.
90 Draenei Monk
Well we have been asking for buffs. This might take it a wee bit too far though.
90 Human Warlock
Fix this quickly, US progression starts tomorrow,

http://i.imgur.com/ODErQAT.jpg

So easy for people to just walk in and kill Ra-Den with this.
Edited by Hypería on 11/03/2013 22:47 GMT
90 Dwarf Paladin
This is huge exploiting potential and needs immediate attention.

http://i.imgur.com/hPuHzlh.png
90 Pandaren Monk
This is huge exploiting potential and needs immediate attention.

http://i.imgur.com/hPuHzlh.png

Given how previous 'over the top' damage bugs have been treated we can expect a couple of hours before the hotfix. It's just the % modifier on RJW that's bugged.

I can see them issuing rollbacks on progress made in raids using this skill. But I doubt they'll banhammer people using it to farm the odd heroic or gank some guards in the opposing faction city. (That would be a third of the monk playerbase pretty much, even tho Xuen might win out on the populatiry poll).
Edited by Baiyun on 11/03/2013 22:53 GMT
90 Troll Mage
2 manning challenge modes on alt, yolo baylife
90 Pandaren Monk
I think it's already fixed now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep
90 Pandaren Monk
aye
90 Orc Monk
Feels like in the pursuit of getting rid of the bug, they overdid it and nerfed spinning crane kick. Might just be me that's remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ticks on it was higher.
90 Pandaren Monk
The problem was RJW, i doubt they changed anything on SCK?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]