[Request] Achievements like: Win 20.000 arena matches

100 Human Warlock
What I want to tell you:

- Make vanity items for ratings (i.e. 1750, 2000, 2200, 2500, 2800)
- Make vanity items for activity (i.e. winning 10.000, 20.000, 30.000 matches)

But make both achievements that are hard to obtain and ones that are time consuming to gain

Why not, would be nice with some motivation to que besides a title in the end of the season
Reply Quote
81 Orc Shaman
Why not, would be nice with some motivation to que besides a title in the end of the season

That's my intent. It's should not be the only motivation to queue but and additional one.

Also, I understand why they removed gladiator titels et cetera from 2v2, but I think other vanity items / titels would be cool.

But there also have to be vanity items that are really hard to obtain, be it through grinding or rating (best would be some for each), because a lot of people lack in motivation to grind for something that is not rare.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
20,000 arena's with the game in the state its been in lately? I'm fairly sure the Geneve Convention was made to oppose things like this...
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage
its currently not there, would it have a negative impact putting it in? probably not... would it have the potential to have a few more people playing arena actively? possibly? I support anything that gets more people actively playing in the ladders, its become so inactive compared to previous patches.
Edited by Jme on 29/03/2013 09:32 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
27/03/2013 23:18Posted by Happyshamanz
We actually have some more of these kind of rewards planned for 5.3. There is currently only a single cosmetic enchant that is appealing to only a few select classes, but we want to widen this range of enchants so that all classes have a use for the 2200 rating required, enchant. :)

On top of this, we plan to change elite gear back to having a rating requirement in patch 5.4 so that it gets back it's old prestige. We also know that many players like the ideas of having even more rewards; we are looking to introduce some additional cool things that you can earn at specific ratings in 5.3 to give everyone better reasons to work on increasing their Arena ratings, not just to aim on getting their end-of-season rewards. We have lots of stuff on the way in patch 5.3 and the patch notes blog will be updated soon to reflect this.
Edited by Nakatoir on 29/03/2013 10:44 GMT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Another of my suggestions you're finally following, imagine if you had done that before MoP was released, we woudn't of had a wasted 5.1 :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
29/03/2013 10:43Posted by Nakatoir
not just to aim on getting their end-of-season rewards.

I am actualy working on a topic regarding this in cooperation with Thaya http://www.arenajunkies.com/user/3250-thaya/
We have quite some good ideas I think, will try to post it as soon as possible. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
achievements... /care
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
achievements... /care

What rewards would you like to have?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I agree with the sentiment that achievements are kinda meh, but a lot of people do like them.

The thing is you need to get stuff from PvP that you actually want to keep. That's why PvP has been dying, because you just end up getting gear which you'll replace next season anyway because gear farming in PvP is not an incentive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
why isn't there an arena mount? win 1000 matches, get a mount! so on from there.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
We actually have some more of these kind of rewards planned for 5.3. There is currently only a single cosmetic enchant that is appealing to only a few select classes, but we want to widen this range of enchants so that all classes have a use for the 2200 rating required, enchant. :)

On top of this, we plan to change elite gear back to having a rating requirement in patch 5.4 so that it gets back it's old prestige. We also know that many players like the ideas of having even more rewards; we are looking to introduce some additional cool things that you can earn at specific ratings in 5.3 to give everyone better reasons to work on increasing their Arena ratings, not just to aim on getting their end-of-season rewards. We have lots of stuff on the way in patch 5.3 and the patch notes blog will be updated soon to reflect this.

Do you a blizzard have any guts? You change something and then you backpedal because 0.1% of the entire player base qq'd about it. You are supposed to be holding your foot down when you try out our change things and stand with it.

You are directly a bad example because people know that : Oh wait lets qq so hard, blizzard is a muppet and we know it, so let's get it reverted. Sadly enough it works every single time.

Rating requirements in general mean nothing nowadays, It can be very easy to illegally obtain it, and looking at the rankings, 60% of all rating points are obtained by winning over illegally obtained rating teams that can't play and face a lower mmr team that actually is 10x better than them. That's something you should focus on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
people shouldnt be rewarded for doing something time consuming.

what?

heroic raid bosses award titles and and some of them mounts, how is that not time consuming?

same as 250 hk achievement, they should make an accountwide feat of strength with 500/5000/10000/20000 arena achievement with no rewards (or possibly a tabard or something, not something gamebreaking)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

We want mounts, we want companions , we want tabards . Enchants ?!? If its enchants only then no thanks...

You plan to change elite gear back to have a rating requirement SO THAT it gets back it's OLD PRESTIGE ? Cool so the reason you are getting it back its ...... old prestige ? Whats old prestige? Whats the reason of having it ? Wintraders will be back to the game...

Do whatever you want, seems you no more listen to the community . If you tell us you are adding mounts , companions and tabards then you listen and i am sorry , will take back what i have said .
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Hopefully this wont be awarded from RBG. That'd be complete bull!@#$..
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I would really like the old gear system back, where you could get the first "elite" item at a fx 1400 raiting the next at 1650, weapons at 1800 one again on 2k and the last on 2.2k. I am no arena master, i'm getting around 1800-1900 raiting. but i would really like to be able to buy something a 1200 rated couldnt, and not just 2200 BAM elite.

it really ruined my expirence to already meeting fully elite geared teams on 1600 raiting, and when almost every team on 18-1900 mmr has 1 or more elite geared player.

If you obtained your elite gear through RBG's it should scale down in arenas untill you reach 2200 there aswell. If you can't push more than 1900 raiting in arenas WITH full elite gear. You didn't really deserve it it in the first place.
Edited by Lepernator on 29/03/2013 16:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I fear that it will be rewared by rbg, too.
If so, these items won't have any prestige at all

I'd be really happy if Blizzard takes their time and make seperate vanity items for arenas and rbg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
29/03/2013 16:20Posted by Danoth

I fear that it will be rewared by rbg, too.
If so, these items won't have any prestige at all

I'd be really happy if Blizzard takes their time and make seperate vanity items for arenas and rbg.

I am scared that this will never happen ... ;(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

so yet again those that choose to do honor grounds get nothing sick and tired of this blizzard forcing people to do rubbish rated battlegrounds and broken arena.

i am done and out only so long can be made to feel like second rate player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]