ilvl 522 BoE Blacksmithing gear

90 Human Death Knight
So i was wondering, with haunting spirits being on the AH for 18k each I'm wondering if it's even worth buying them to craft and then sell ilvl 522 Boots / helm.

I currently have these recipes unlocked:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94268/haunted-steel-headguard - 8 haunting spirits
http://www.wowhead.com/item=94265/haunted-steel-treads - 6 haunting spirits

Would it be worth investing ~108k - ~144k gold and trying to make a ~20k profit or something.
Would love to hear your opinions about this because i'm really scared that the haunting spirit price might drop and lose gold on this.

Kind regards,
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Imo no its not worth it. Mainly because its to much money to tie up in a item with the risk it will not sell.

Most items at least on my server goes cheaper on bmah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
being a black smith my self I like a lot of other players I'm hacked off at this big time personally I wouldn't bother because there is no profit to be made here you’d make more gold by selling ghost iron for all the people that want to power level blacksmithing through the new ghost iron greys that is the only way I see it being possible to make any profit at the moment

the reborn weapons are a joke and so are the new 522 armour plans because they are unobtainable by 99.999% of players due to the inability to get sprits for them blizzard might as well just delete blacksmithing from the game because for the time being its completely useless about the only use I have for my blacksmiting at the moment is socketing my gloves and wrists and making keys to unlock lockboxes since I don’t have a rogue other than that its completely useless since I cant actually make any gear that going to benefit me because either I cant get the plans or I cant get the mats to make the gear if I do get the plans

I smell money grubbing corporate greed at work its the only thing that make sense because i cant honestly believe that they could be this stupid otherwise the company would have imploded long before now
Edited by Bethrezen on 04/04/2013 22:20 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yes, I agree. They really should make those spirits more available or at least lower the amount you need, cause for now, those recipies are totally useless as they're just too expensive to make.

I've seen iLevel 496 gear being sold for 20k+ and nobody is buying it. I can't imagine anyone is willing to pay over 100k for iLevel 522.
Especially with patches ariving faster and faster, gear is absolete in just a few months.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think the recipes are there so that you can get two 522 items the second you step into throne of the thunder, but rather help out with gaps in gear (maybe unlucky with boots - look at mine for example) or gearing up new raiders.

I kinda like them being ridiculously expensive for the moment
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I totaly agree with Bethrezen.

There are a lot of good 522 recipe for bs and other proffessions but the problem is, that we all need haunting spirits. If the haunting spirits would be easier to get hold of, it would not be a problem at all. It would also make the items go for a LOT cheeper and users actually had the gold to buy/use them.

I honestly wont start on the 522 items as it is now. Even if it was a 540 item with the same materials needed to build it.. People cant afford this so there wont be many 522 items made from proffesions.

At this moment the haunting spirit is to expencive to buy, and that made blacksmithing and many others proffessions not wanting to make better items, its just sad!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I play on one of the highest population servers in the world (silvermoon) and those 120k prices during first few weeks were retarded. Even ilevel 535 heroic TOT gear was going cheaper on BMAH than those 522 crafts.

Our guild had lots of bad RNG, we sold many of those haunting spirits individually, then started to use them for good crafts for the raid.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
it's like the old 496 recipes. you'r enot supposed to make them now. when new tier gets released they'll make haunted spirits drop in lfr and you'll make these items. now they're jiust to be seeded.to blacksmiths.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I actually made a thread in general about this, because the whole thing annoys the hell out of me. I'll paste it here too:

Hi folks,

I'm here with an issue regarding crafted gear. I have blacksmithing, so obviously that means that I can create epics weapons and armour. However the material cost for these items seems a little ridiculous considering the ilevel of them.

For example, I want to create Lionheart Executioner, Reborn. To create this, all in all I need 18 living steel. Living steel goes for around 500g each on my realm, so that's 9000g. Or I could find an alchemist, and get them to let me use their cooldown for 19 days. All to create an ilvl 502 weapon. Or I could just run LFR and get one for free.

Same thing for armour. I could craft something like Haunted Steel Treads. These require 6 haunting spirits. These go for around 16k each. So that's 96000g, all for a set of ilvl 522 boots. Seems a little excessive, no?

So my suggestion is this: either lower the material costs, or increase the ilvl of these items, to make them seem actually worth the effort. Because at the moment they're just not.

In addition, I don't particularly like how enchanters and alchemists seem to have a monopoly on materials. If I want to craft anything with a high ilvl, I need the assistance of either an alchemist or an enchanter. However as far as I can tell, they don't need my assistance to create high end things. Enchanters don't even need rods anymore.

I can create one high level crafting material: lightning steel. However, this is BoP, so I can't sell it, for example to make some money to buy haunting spirits.

So my suggestion: change lightning steel so it's not BoP, and make it required by some other professions, to balance things out. And I'm not just talking about blacksmithing, I'm sure leatherworkers and engineers need enchanters and alchemists too. I don't think it's fair that they have the monopoly on essential materials.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
let me answe rliek thsi from own exp in mop: Customers make mats expensive, we make craft more expensive, they refuse to pay higher price and we sell at no profit to lose. Its only worth it if you dissed them yourselves and din`t buy them or pay for the spirits.

17/05/2013 18:34Posted by Puriel
In addition, I don't particularly like how enchanters and alchemists seem to have a monopoly on materials. If I want to craft anything with a high ilvl, I need the assistance of either an alchemist or an enchanter. However as far as I can tell, they don't need my assistance to create high end things. Enchanters don't even need rods anymore.

This bs has been butchered by bliz. We are dependant on every mat by someone else. Lw is not and same as tailors.
Edited by Lightgoddess on 17/05/2013 23:16 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
17/05/2013 18:34Posted by Puriel
In addition, I don't particularly like how enchanters and alchemists seem to have a monopoly on materials. If I want to craft anything with a high ilvl, I need the assistance of either an alchemist or an enchanter.
Get your fact straight first, for Haunting Spirits what you need first of all is raid group capable of killing bosses in ToT Normal/Heroic. As a non-raider you are no worse off now than you were in the tiers where raid level crafting materials were drops, only difference is that in the current tier you get the patterns for free.
Edited by Evelake on 17/05/2013 22:17 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get your fact straight first, for Haunting Spirits what you need first of all is raid group capable of killing bosses in ToT Normal/Heroic. As a non-raider you are no worse off now than you were in the tiers where raid level crafting materials were drops, only difference is that in the current tier you get the patterns for free.

Ok, that's fair. But do the enchanters that provide these materials need anything from me? No, they don't. Do the alchemists that I buy Living Steel off need anything from me? No, they don't. This isn't about being a "raider". This is about balance between the crafting professions.
Edited by Puriel on 18/05/2013 02:56 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
18/05/2013 02:56Posted by Puriel
Ok, that's fair. But do the enchanters that provide these materials need anything from me?
Enchanters don't provide the materials, raid groups do, that they need an enchanter in the group is irrelevant to your inability to acquire them.
Do the alchemists that I buy Living Steel off need anything from me? No, they don't.
Do the miners need anything from you?
This isn't about being a "raider".
Then don't bring raid level crafting materials into the discussion, Haunting Spirits-like crafting materials is nothing new, you just didn't get the patterns that require them for free before.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Getting heated but lets do comparisons:

Tailor:

Enchant: Self and boe is both 1 cloth produced (one a day withotu spirits), no spirits needed. Cloak enchnats for vendor mats
Gear: Cloth self produced + ofc the spirits and essences

Lw:

Enchant: Self is vendor mats. Boe for evryone else 1 pristine hide (farmable and unlimited) + spirit. bracers lw only enchant again for vendor mats
Gear: Pristine self farmed + ofc the spirits and essences

Bs:

Enchant: Self and boe is living steel needed from alchemist boe, no spirit. 2 sockets for vendor mats.
Gear: Living steel from alchemist + ofc the spirits and essences

Edit: you make the conclusions.

Own conclusion: maybe make living steel also craftble by miners they also added it to primal diamond. It was alchemist only but now both jc and alchemist can make them. Alchemist is cheaper but jc is higher end mats + a spirit. So miner 10 trilleum bars and 1 spirit to make 1 living steel.
Edited by Lightgoddess on 18/05/2013 21:14 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
I would really love to know what blizzard are playing at with the professions because it is completely unbalance, the material costs for crafted gear is way to high and unlike basically every other prof in the game Blacksmiths can't get the materials to make there gear with out the help of other professions which is rendering all crafted gear on blacksmith utterly useless irrespective of where the plans come from which is largely a mute and entirely irrelevant issue.

I know there are people that are like oh but you don't raid or whatever so you wouldn't be getting mats anyway bla bla bla and there probably the ones that are holding crafter to ransom with the retarded and outlandish over charging because they have a monopoly which is entirely unfair

why don't miners get a daily cool down for living steel the same as all the other professions and why aren't haunting spirits available to everyone as boss drops in all 3 levels of raids and why is there no DE option in LFR if there is an enchanter in the group

personal I'm of the opinion that bliz should

a.) Give BS a daily cool down to make living steel to bring that in line with the other profs

b.) Should introduce a Disenchanting vendor that will for a small charge disenchant any gear you don't need or want the higher the level of the gear the more you get charged this would be useful, for DE'ing soulbound gear for none enchanters

c.) should make materials for raid level crafted gear available in LFR Normal and Heroic and gear from the new world bosses should also give haunted spirits when DE'd and for the old world bosses they should just drop blood spirits at the standard rate same as they drop on old raid bosses

d.) Should add said materials to the sprites of harmony vendor in the vale for though people that get unlucky with drops and don't have any gear for disenchanting

e.) reduce the quantity of materials required for crafted gear because this is far to high just look at the stupid amount of mats for the reborn weapons I'm sorry but for through sorts of material costs I'd expect a weapon of at least 522 or higher because at 502 there simply not worth bothering with and are instantly made obsolete by LFR equivalents which are better itemized and free
Edited by Bethrezen on 23/05/2013 18:16 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]