LFR queue times

90 Pandaren Monk
Recently the LFR queue times have gone out of hand.
Having to wait 47 minutes average with DPS class alts, often ending up with some bosses already down which means waiting just as long one more time - and of course that's only for one part of the latest LFR raid.
Enough is enough.

You must find a solution to this, maybe an improved version of the "call to arms" bag being rewarded for every boss killed could be a start. And with improved i mean containing something worthwhile, as i've ran hundreds of CTA heroics as tank and most of the time, there's something like Darkwater Potion inside or even a pet which everyone can buy for 50 silver at a vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
they need to merge the lfrs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You can only fix this problem by forcing people to play tank or healer.
And what do you think are the chances of that happening?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I think you get to pick your loot spec in the upcoming patch.

You can only fix this problem by forcing people to play tank or healer.
And what do you think are the chances of that happening?

That's a bad idea to force people to tank. most of the time they cba to look at tactics for the bosses they tank. That tank DoT on Ultraxion springs to mind. There was always one tank every run who didn't know what to be.

Tanking's not exactly hard but it does require some awareness and if the tank dies they can sometimes wipe the entire 'raid' depending on the boss. Nty.
Edited by Someoneelse on 31/03/2013 12:35 BST
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
Blizzard can't force people to heal or tank, the issue is with the players choices and not the tools. Try queuing with a healer and tank next time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I know that forcing is a bad idea and it wasn't even ment as a suggestion.
But rewarding tanks and healers didn't work either, not to mention the amount of QQ the rewardbag for LFD caused.
So the only solution is for dps-only players to sit down and be quiet.
Edited by Avengerorion on 31/03/2013 13:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This isn't a Blizzard created problem.

More people need to roll healer, and you can't force people to do that.
Reply Quote
32 Human Warlock
What´s so hard to understand with the lack of healers and tanks. ? this wont change before the dps "myself inc" stop flaming, pulling, and dont move from aoe crap, its not always the tanks or healers fault, most of the time its the dps that is the cause of the lack of heal and tank.
Its seen in alot of forums, so i cant see why its hard to understand really
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Recently the LFR queue times have gone out of hand.

It's not like we didn't see this coming. LFR in it's current state is built specifically to ensure as long queue times as possible. Blizzard already have a better system for a finder tool, it's called LFD. Here is what LFD does better than LFR

1) Allows players to receive offspec gear, meaning picking tank/healer is encouraged to get shorter queue times.

2) Allows players to sign up for multiple dungeons at once, meaning more options for the finder tool to create a group and thus lower the average queue time.

3) Allows players to sign up for a random LFD, with the promise of extra loot. Whilst players might not get the dungeon they want for boss drops, the extra reward ensures players keep comming back even after getting all the loot they want from the bosses.

4) Increases the reward for the roles that are needed, further encouraging players to sign up as tanks/healers when the disparity between other roles is too large.[/ul]

Thankfully 5.3 will address issue 1, just 2-3 more to go. Unfortunately by then we will have even more LFR instances to sign up for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
These comments are pre upcoming patch and the loot role choice.

I'd go healer If I could get gear for the roll while playing as dps.

As it stands the game doesn't allow for reasonably easy access to offspec gear.

And lets not forget that players tend to stand and take the brunt of all attacks so healers without decent gear won't keep up with the majority of players damage taken in an encounter.

I can barely get gear for my dps set in part because i'm not that active at the moment and the sheer brick walls of reputation locking out other gear for offspec just adds to the concoction of no offspec for a vast majority of players.

So far as I can tell many players have had to stick to one role for gearing, Which in previous expansions wasn't an issue, so naturally you have less choices.

Blizzard did create this problem, And yes while they are attempting to fix aspects of it any fix will take time to see effect in game because so many that didn't care for offspec gear will still be building a reasonable set that gearscore !@#$%s won't cry and whine over.
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Druid
What´s so hard to understand with the lack of healers and tanks. ? this wont change before the dps "myself inc" stop flaming, pulling, and dont move from aoe crap, its not always the tanks or healers fault, most of the time its the dps that is the cause of the lack of heal and tank.

While this is true you should also look at the raid design in general. Most raids require 1 tank and 2 healers, which does make it incredible hard for a tank or healer to find a spot in a raiding guild.

Even if your guild has two 10 mens you still only have 2 tanks, 4 healers but 14 dps slots. Thats causing the whole imbalance and it was a major mistake by Blizz when they introduced that system at WOTLK and Cata.

How are people supposed to play the game as a tank or healer, if they cant get into groups or guilds because of their role?
There are quite a few people who love tanking or healing, I am one of them but for us that role is dead in endgame, especially if you are more casual and cant be there every raid.

I do believe that introducing somekind of automated rep system for LFR and LFD and an increase in raidspots for tanks and healers would fix the problem very quick. But for some strange reason everything that Blizz did in the past years was buffing the dps role more and more, either by adding dps dailys, increasing dps spots in raids and not fixing the ninja loot issue where dps always rolled for tank and healer gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I os heal for quicker queues where possible and the reason I find it a pain is that it's usually an extreme where the run goes smoothly I spend 30 mins almost falling asleep or i'm the only healer above 20k hps and see 2 of them actually in dps specs forcing me to work my butt off to carry the group.

Sure i'm not alone on this healing lfr isn't fun plain and simple.
Reply Quote
This isn't a Blizzard created problem.

More people need to roll healer, and you can't force people to do that.
at the start of mop i rerolled form healer coz after 4 years resto shammy as main was boring, some people just don't like having the same main for the entirety of the game and the only way to get me to play holy pala is to take it back to icc as that the only time i enjoyed it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]