Dual wield unholy!

90 Human Death Knight
Is it so bad to use dual wield while in unholy spec? because i havent seen any passive in the unholy spec that indikates on a 2handed wep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
31/03/2013 20:38Posted by Lathian
Is it so bad to use dual wield while in unholy spec?

Yes. Yes it is.

because i havent seen any passive in the unholy spec that indikates on a 2handed wep.

Unholy don't have Threat of Thassarian which makes it complete and utter !@#$ as DW.

*Edit* L2search.
Edited by Dust on 31/03/2013 21:02 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's poopoo. Completely
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
QQ
As the above said, you do not play DW Unholy at all.

It does not have a 'Threat of Thassarian' type of buff (i.e. making your OH hit too). Not only that, but the only thing which made it viable was Sudden Doom proccing from your OH as well, and that was removed.

Last I checked you needed a weapon difference of 2H 450 to 1hx2 of 545 to even think of using it. So unless that's your weapon choices I wouldn't bother.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
I want shadowfrost 1.0 back:(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
No.. Just no...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DW Unholy = /facepalm lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pfft.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Why not just add Threat of Thassarian as a passive for all 3 specs?

Would the mechanics of blood and unholy still favor the 2h weapon build or could one start considering taking the 2 X 1H approach?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Would the mechanics of blood and unholy still favor the 2h weapon build or could one start considering taking the 2 X 1H approach?

Although I stated in my reply up there that it's pretty !@#$, you actually get some pretty nasty white damage from Dw. It's still pretty bad but with a Threat of Thassarian variant Dw would probably take over because of the white damage and faster procs.
Edited by Dust on 17/04/2013 09:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
whatever you say, Unholy is b far the most entertaining to level up. (couldn't care less about a little more dps for half the fun)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
17/04/2013 09:03Posted by Forumguy
Why not just add Threat of Thassarian as a passive for all 3 specs?

Dual wield scales inherently better than 2-hander. The mechanic that does that dates back to vanilla and it is obvious that blizzard is not interested in changing that. This is why historically when a spec had the ability to use a 2 hander or dual wield, dual wield was always the choice.
This is the reason why they needed to make frost use different skills based on weapon to be able to balance the two..and is the ONLY spec ever that actually has a choice between dual-wield and 2 hander and can use two handers because it was thrown as a boon to people that wanted to use 2handers without having to manage a pet after blood became a pure tanking tree.

The moment threat of thassarian is introduced for the other two specs dual wield becomes the norm for both unholy and blood unless they go and radically redesign the specs to make it a choice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
I'm afraid you'll need 1 free hand to cast your death coils.

And a very strong arm to wield your 2-hander :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]