How to beat Kanrethad...

90 Worgen Warlock
1.Read/watch the guides
2.Try the fight to get the feel for it and learn the phases.
3.Tries should be limited to 1-2 hours top per day.
4.Try to make a 2-3 days break from the fight when you get frustrated.
5.Be relaxed and try again.

Precision and a relaxed mind is the key. The tactics are mostly doable.
You will get trolled by the mechanics of the fight and you will get mad.At that point stop trying and take a break from it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
give me your gear and i wil down him with few tries..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Or wait for Blizzard to realise that they have overtuned it too much for anyone who has the slightest bit of latency issue and then go do it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Or wait for Blizzard to realise that they have overtuned it too much for anyone who has the slightest bit of latency issue and then go do it

Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm considering now. It's just a waste of time and gold at this point for me. If nothing else, I'll just wait for next expansion and do it when it's meant to be done by mortal men.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

So... What are you saying is that they should nerf him big time because you have bad internet? Trust me, you would miss a lot. Its, imho, best designed boss in wow, ever. Nerf will happen, but I really hope they dont nerf him that soon, more locks should try him.

They should nerf (buff lol!) tome drop rate. I killed over 100 rares to get my first tome and killing so big amount of rares on overpopulated server like stormscale is pain in the !@#.

I had around 200 MS night I killed him tho and its doable even if you had 300-400 ms, all you need is to get hang of it. Took me around 50, or 60 tries I think, cant remember really. Killed him with ilvl484-487 gear, half pvp, half pve gear tho (pvp trinket!).

I think most people are just using silly tactics that down work. Like for example not putting pitlord out of los during fhunters phase etc...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you do the slightest mistake it will punish you down the line....hell dont worry if you dont get dam on boss during certain tough Phases...For me going from imp to to fel hunter stage was killing me....I was taking to long on the imps,not giving me enough time to use pit lord to avoid cat and getting pitlord behind pillar..

Most times i was stuck on the transition from imps to fel hunter....Get that sorted and your laughing(as i say dont worry about Damage on boss for this phase,just play it safe and make sure in full controll of pets

Btw whoever is now blameing it on Latency lol m8....i have i think finnaly just heard the last excuse out there
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Go and play "Dark Souls" on PC (Terrible controls and support of it, hurray for Xbox ports!) and then you'll see that this boss isn't that hard after all and laugh in his face.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Go and play "Dark Souls" on PC (Terrible controls and support of it, hurray for Xbox ports!) and then you'll see that this boss isn't that hard after all and laugh in his face.

Dark Souls is My Little Pony compared to this boss. Seriously. I've completed Dark Souls. I've spent more attempts on this boss, than every boss in Dark Souls combined. Unless you're running a one-level naked run, Dark Souls is by far easier than this fight.

It's crazy. Tried it tonight again, just ragequit out of the game. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow, could simply be that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
29/03/2013 21:04Posted by Gramzivi

So... What are you saying is that they should nerf him big time because you have bad internet? Trust me, you would miss a lot. Its, imho, best designed boss in wow, ever. Nerf will happen, but I really hope they dont nerf him that soon, more locks should try him.

They should nerf (buff lol!) tome drop rate. I killed over 100 rares to get my first tome and killing so big amount of rares on overpopulated server like stormscale is pain in the !@#.

I had around 200 MS night I killed him tho and its doable even if you had 300-400 ms, all you need is to get hang of it. Took me around 50, or 60 tries I think, cant remember really. Killed him with ilvl484-487 gear, half pvp, half pve gear tho (pvp trinket!).

I think most people are just using silly tactics that down work. Like for example not putting pitlord out of los during fhunters phase etc...

It is a good fight but nowhere near the best designed. Felhunter breaking enslave 70 yards and with their backs to the Pitlord ?? Random defuffs dropping on you from the boss, get to Imp phase then stun, stun during casting. Dropping thread like a !@#$% with gateway and yet Kanrethad STILL targets you with CB !!!

It's frustrating and getting to the point of becoming a HUGE chore. It doesn't need a huge nerf at all but it is seriously overtuned that only the 2%ers will get this right now and thats a slap in the face for other long loyal players.

Don't nerf it to the ground but it needs a tweak to keep it tough but not based on luck 99% of the encounter.

It tends to only be the people that finally manage to get it down that start preaching and looking down their noses at others.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Blizzard should just allow players to scale content down to absurd low difficulty. That way the crybabies can have everything handed to them with minimum to no effort and Blizzard dont have to listen to more moaning. After all "everything" is kinda "cosmetic"..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I just kept headbutting the brick wall until the brick wall gave up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Gear advice:

PVP heroes. Kanrethad Ebonlocke is NOT an afk mage drinking at stables. You need pve gear in order to make this fight easier

Rule of Thumb: If you can not 1 shot the first felhunter with charge+chaos bolt, you probably need to visit the valor vendor, Mr Oondasta and Galleon and Sha and LFR at least once. Don't rely on exploits such as hiding the pitlord etc; it will get fixed before you get enough tries on the boss. You wont even get imps with 2 Fel Breaths if you have only pvp power on your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

It is a good fight but nowhere near the best designed. Felhunter breaking enslave 70 yards and with their backs to the Pitlord ??

Enslave WILL never brake if Pitlord is out of LoS of felhunters, EVER. Just use soulshatter before they spawn and position Pit out of LoS 5-6 seconds before Ken even starts summoning fel hunters.

Random defuffs dropping on you from the boss, get to Imp phase then stun, stun during casting.

All those random debuffs are dispellable and are big part of the fight. Just position yourself correctly and clear them with pitlord. Problems with imp (cant believe you didnt yet realise why are you getting stunned tho) are common for first few whipes, but imps are easy to get down even if you are in super !@#$ gear like ilvl470, all you need to do is position yourself correctly and kill them with pitlords breath.

Dropping thread like a !@#$% with gateway and yet Kanrethad STILL targets you with CB !!!
Then you are doing something wrong + if he starts casting CB on you and you drop the threat with gate in most cases cast will finish on you. That does not mean that you CAN NOT avoid it tho, you can either line of sight it or fully absorb it if that happens.
It's frustrating and getting to the point of becoming a HUGE chore. It doesn't need a huge nerf at all but it is seriously overtuned that only the 2%ers will get this right now and thats a slap in the face for other long loyal players.

And, by your point of view everyone should get it if they are loyal players, right? I can bet I have more time played on my warlock than most locks who replied in this thread, does that mean that they should nerf every single content because I dont have time to PvE too?

It tends to only be the people that finally manage to get it down that start preaching and looking down their noses at others.
Im not looking down at anyone, far from it. I'm responding just because I too thought fight is bugged until I realized that its not bugged at all. Not a single thing you described is bug nor does it happens if you know why it happens so you can avoid it.
Seriously tho, judging by your comments you have absolutely no idea how fight functions or that using all of pitlords abilities at right moments is mandatory.

It would be real shame if they nerfed him this fast just because some people expect everything free and with no effort, especially considering its cosmetic change that you dont even need to perform 100% with your warlock.

As I said before tho, considering where is blizzard going with this game for quite some time, dont worry, they will nerf him rather soon. Problem is that many locks will miss out most amazing solo content created in this game. Hopefully, they will at least give everyone free tomes before they nerf him, so every lock can give it a try.
Edited by Gramzivi on 30/03/2013 09:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
30/03/2013 09:05Posted by Gramzivi
Enslave WILL never brake if Pitlord is out of LoS of felhunters, EVER.

LoS is bugged, I'm pretty sure you can't see pitlord when it's hidden behind the left pillar while you're behind the right pillar, apparently the felhunters can. So you can't kill them behind or near the other pillar, but also you can't kill them near center... and what's worse, getting the felhunter killing spot right seems to get harder on 2nd wave, they dispel enslave from totally impossible locations.
So far ~5 hours of wiping, starting yesterday, seen the 2nd felhunter phase about twice, maybe three times. It's definitely doable and going to get there, but I still think the boss needs a big nerf, wouldn't even feel sorry for my gold or time if that should happen after I down it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
There is spot where they DO NOT dispel enslave, ever. You just need to have them aggro you instantly. Keep trying, youll find the spot eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
and what's worse, getting the felhunter killing spot right seems to get harder on 2nd wave, they dispel enslave from totally impossible locations.

did you dismiss and reenslave your pit lord. 5 minutes is up when second wave comes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In fact this took me 63 wipes. Easily counted with charges of drums. More than half of these were down to silly things. Forgetting to dismiss and re - enslave pitlord. Prepotting to late and worrying too much about dps. Not seeing him cast a chaos bolt. Haveing to los a chaos bolt near the end of the fight and forgetting to refresh my portal earlier. Pushing wrong button and having charge on cd. Missing a seed and letting it burst. All things that didn't happen after a break of a couple hours.

It is a fairly hard fight but once the mechanics are down its just about doing it right. Its not a very forgiving fight and there aren't many mistakes you can recover from. Which makes concentration and not panicking the biggest tips. Take it slow get each phase sorted one at a time.

Dont want it nerfed tho it was more fun than dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
did you dismiss and reenslave your pit lord. 5 minutes is up when second wave comes.

Haha, that might be it. Learned to re-enslave it recently, when it (literally) hit me like "hey, you forgot something". :D
It's OK now and I found the good spot for killing felhunters, now only need the potion for last 25%.
It's still pretty ridiculous that the dogs can see through walls.

Edit: how many hours is 63 wipes? I'm asking because I'm at 6 hours now, shouldn't take as much from now on.
Edited by Deyana on 30/03/2013 18:43 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock

It's crazy. Tried it tonight again, just ragequit out of the game. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow, could simply be that.

a guy with ONE freaking arm killed him! if a seriously disabled player can do it why in the heavens' name can you even think about putting the blame on "i'm too old".

PLEASE i beg you to read the guides, watch the videos, try and try again we know it IS possible.

you 90s have an incredible chance i'd pay so much to be able to fight this boss and put my lock skills to the test. it's an incredible gift from blizzard to allow you guys to be truelly challenged on your mastery of your character.
please dont let this gift go to waste...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]