Pet battle area is obstructed.How do I get around this?

90 Undead Priest
When farming pets I always see the odd one in a pond or on a cliff and its the last one ive not tried battling.. and I can't get at it.. is there a way to get them onto a battle worthy surface?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
In your key-bindings menu, you can key-bind a hot-key called 'Interact with Target'. If you use that on a random hot-key, then walk around the pet and spam that hot-key, then it might eventually work.
Works like half the time.

On the other half ... well, I don't know. You could kill it with a spell and hope the next spawn will be easier to engage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Depends on where you are, and if there is a more suitable battle location nearby.

Sometimes I manage to pull the pet with Faerie Fire, which does no damage but does aggro the pet. They start attacking you and can't be challenged to a pet battle at that point. Then I just walk away, making sure to cross a suitable battle location, until I drop out of combat due to distance. The druid's travel form is a good deal faster than battle pets migrating back to their spawn point (at least they are in my experience), so I use that to intercept them for a battle.

Classes with the means to dump all aggro, or Night Elves should have it even easier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Turn your back on the pet.

Or, to explain it a bit better, make sure your character face even terrain. The pet battle will pick an area in front of you, not in front of the pet. You do not actually have to face the pet to enter a pet battle.

(You'd be suprised at how many people doesn't know this)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Or, to explain it a bit better, make sure your character face even terrain. The pet battle will pick an area in front of you, not in front of the pet. You do not actually have to face the pet to enter a pet battle.

You Sir/Madam have just won the internets. May you be showered in cookies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Yeah, that usually works.

My scenario is more intended for those pets that are somehow stuck at the bottom of a lake, or something like that. ;P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My scenario is more intended for those pets that are somehow stuck at the bottom of a lake, or something like that. ;P

:) Actually I find the faerie fire idea to be a good one, never really thought about it before, even if I have faerie fired lots of pets by accident (hitting FF instead of Moonfire when trying to kill critters to force respawns)

Still, a bunch of those in-a-pond, in-a-tree, on-a-cliff pets can be done with positioning, a target macro and interact with target keybound.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In your key-bindings menu, you can key-bind a hot-key called 'Interact with Target'. If you use that on a random hot-key, then walk around the pet and spam that hot-key, then it might eventually work.
Works like half the time.

this, try walking around the mob and spamming that hot key until it works. It's how I get around it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]