TOT - Best Raid Tier in WoW History?

I must say I am loving these fights, they are definitely different and extremely challenging.

I think the main point that these fights are so good is because there is not one set strategy to kill each boss. It is no longer about "DPS ENRAGE TIMER", its all about the tactics now and the enrage timer is pretty much no existent.

Really enjoying it. Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wait until you get to heroic, you will insta hate most of the bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

I don't. But otherhand not done 'most' of them on HC either. Am slow, but steady half way of it. And this far looks ok. I hate Iron Qon tho. Those tornados. Didn't Blizzard get the hint from Alakir already that tornados are most annoying mechanic there is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think Ulduar was better, if only for the lore and the artwork.

ToT has better bosses, and I feel the fights are more fun and more challenging.

Ulduar had better lore and better art. And Old Gods are awesome.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
Naxxramas 40
Ahn'Qiraj
Karazhan
Ulduar

^say hi o/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well, I wouldn't say the best, but certainly the best since WotLK.
Edited by Vaela on 13/04/2013 09:39 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I'd say it's the best since Ulduar, probably on par with it. Haven't gotten to HCs yet, but well start on them next reset.

So far, nhc seems very well tuned. Enrage timers are somewhat present to force you not to slack, but there is no real DPS check on normal. If you do the mechanics right any do decent dps, you will beat the boss. I like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love ToT; a lot of tiers have been lacking the epic end boss feel (I mean, the kind which sends a tingle down your spine like the first time you reach the top of the Frozen Throne)
Lei Shen is unmistakedly the big guy here though, he makes the other bosses look like playful puppies. The other fights are a lot of fun to learn too - I think Durumu has been my favourite fight since Jan'Alai the Dragonhawk way back in Zul'Aman, with Twin Consorts/Iron Qon/Tortos/Ji'Kun as close followers.

It's difficult to know the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if ToT becomes the benchmark raid which everyone nostalgically points back to for years to come. (I hope I'm wrong and Blizz keep it up for T16.. but it's not often that you feel the sense that maybe the game right now might be as good as it will ever be).

But don't be forgetting da most important ting anyhow - TROLLS and DINOSAURS, Mon!
Edited by Aeta on 13/04/2013 10:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ive only done the LFR Version of the raid. Ive raided since Vanilla and imo this is on par With Karazhan/ulduar. Loving it so far, even in lfr
Edited by Ksus on 13/04/2013 10:11 BST
Reply Quote
It is definitely a well made raid and certainly one of the best but not the best one there is. For me Ulduar is still at the top, but to be honest I havent cleared it up yet so I will forestall my judgement. :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I wish I could do the normal versions as the fights in LFR seem really fun! Shame nobody does PuG's anymore and I don't have enough free nights to join a guild.

Favorite Fight: Dark Animus
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Maybe for boss mechanic and those things, but ToT dont have any connection to Warcraft lore, its like another game.
Edited by Fejd on 13/04/2013 16:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

^

If i would be casual who raiding normals I would be so happy and love it. But this? Not really.. Frustrating totally unforgiving mechanics on heroic and ridicilous amount of bosses.. meh..
Edited by Sabrage on 13/04/2013 16:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
13/04/2013 16:32Posted by Sabrage

^

If i would be casual who raiding normals I would be so happy and love it. But this? Not really.. Frustrating totally unforgiving mechanics on heroic and ridicilous amount of bosses.. meh..

errrm....that's the point in HCs, not to be as forgiving as normals.
And we have less bosses here than the previous tier, so...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just.. Frostbite on 10man..
Edited by Sabrage on 13/04/2013 19:14 BST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I wouldnt say it is the best but one of the best. My personal favourite was t11.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Karazhan is still my favorite raid of all time, with Ulduar second, this might well be third best though.

Oh and I thought that Jin'rokh is kind of the dps gear check boss of ToT.
Reply Quote
Karazhan is still my favorite raid of all time, with Ulduar second, this might well be third best though.

Oh and I thought that Jin'rokh is kind of the dps gear check boss of ToT.

isnt he the loot pinata?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Well so far i've only cleared normal as a tank. Sure the bosses are nice and all but it is kinda dull when your tanking them, most of the bosses are taunt at xx stacks. Even Lei shen is taunt at decapitate / lash / stacking stuff and moving from pillar to pillar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I miss Karazhan, that was my favourite of all time. I remember before it came out, everyone was so hyped about it. I also remember clearing it for first time, and getting my rogue geared up, then they got nerfed :( Good old days. Anyways, not experienced any MOP end content yet, but guess I will soon enough :P

Edit: Forgot to say I hope they bring a new improved version back of Kara xD that would be quite fun.
Edited by Êvêrdêên on 13/04/2013 22:14 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]