Lack of 5 mans in MoP

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Personally I prefered a larger number of dungeons and the game models that they came with. I'm a little disappointed with the decision to move away from regular new 5-man content and this represents a change that I'm not sure I want to subscribe to. I will wait and see what the big new feature for 5.4 is. Perhaps it will be something that revives old 5 mans in some way but as it stands, I am a customer that needs a lot of convincing to continue spending my money.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warlock
Scenarios are just... a waste of time really.. a waste of development time money and space. i haven't heard from anyone that they like scenarios. 5-mans>>>scenarios all day.
Scenarios 9/10 times don't even give (proper) loot.
Scenarios=Dull and just utterly pointless to do, no matter if it gets an heroic version.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
And pls dont tell me the heroic scenarios gonna have rol selection (as in 1 tank 1 healer 1 dps)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
On patch 5.3 scenarios are getting some cool upgrades (such as heroic mode) as well as new and improved rewards, so hopefully that'll make them more attractive for you Stono.

We still like 5-man dungeons and there will be more in coming expansions, but right now, the developers feel the content they're currently working on (raids with their varying difficulty modes (LFR, normal, Heroic) normal and Heroic scenarios, world bosses, quest content...) for this expansion's cycle is more attractive to a bigger number of players.

Scenarios are boring. Making them more difficult is not going to make them more fun. They're the same old thing that you've done a hundred times by now.

Usage numbers are skewed as well. Pretty much everyone I know does a dungeon and a scenario every day. Not because they like them, but because it's the most efficient easy way to gain VP. Of course, doing challenge modes is more efficient, but that also takes a lot more coordination, not to mention friends that play at the same time you do.

All in all: Blizzard is justifying the current horrible content design where everything is done by dailies, dailies and more dailies by saying that a lot of people are doing them, so they must like them. They forget that most people just do it because it's the only real way of gaining reputation. They're also making the same mistake with scenarios. They're not fun at all, they're a more boring and more forgiving version of dungeons that are too easy already to begin with.

Current heroic difficulty is a joke. Of course it should be possible to pug them, but that doesn't mean that you should steamroll over all of them. In full 5-man heroic gear, it was possible to pull a room full of of mobs and a boss together (Brother Korlov for instance) and not wipe. How is this in any way rewarding or fun?

If this is the way the game is going to move forward because "it's what players want", I'm probably not going to pick up the next expansion. If I'd want more chores, I'd clean the house more often.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxPZZ6fmNE

Explains why current heroics are easy as pie.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I just wish more of the dungeons we have would be available when leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
BiS
You run 5man couple of times for fun (lore, bosses, scenery etc).
Then you run it several times for gear, more if you are hybrid and interested in offspec.
After it, you run it dozens of times for VP cap.
Repeat last 2 stages for alts.

No matter how good 5man is, in the end it is VP grind, and it is more cost-effective to develop scenarios than 5mans. Just business.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
i haven't heard from anyone that they like scenarios.

Hi.

I hate 5 mans. I've done them once, maybe twice each and that's it. I vastly prefer scenarios, possibly because you don't get the whining that you do in 5 mans, I don't know.

I may be in the minority, but for people to claim that nobody likes scenarios is, well, wrong.

E: To add a little more, you don't get the 'GOGOGOGOGO' 'OMG healer/tank/dps wtf are you doing??!' 'OMG ur all noobs' in scenarios generally. That probably contributes a lot to why I prefer them.
Edited by Ophellia on 12/04/2013 17:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
BiS
Hi.
I hate 5 mans.
Don't lie. There are no 5mans for level 2. No scenarios either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I agree there should be more 5 mans in mop and realy the whol secanrio thing should realy be consigned to the bin but no we going to get a HC VERSION sry but i wont be wasting my time on the herioc senarios would rather have more 5 man dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tbh I hate the dungeons also, as far as Im concerned Id much rather scenarios, the less I have to do with most people I have been with in dungeons the better. sometimes its just ranting on and no its not because they are having go at me its tank healer or whatever you always get 1 jerk in there that wants to piss people off.

Id be even happier if they made scenarios 2man so just me and my partner could do it, but tbf Ive not been in one scenario where there was anger
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
I hope the focus in the next expansion will be back on 5 mans a little bit more, as they give more interesting group play as like scenarios.

The problem about 5 mans is, that you need a setup, which takes time to compile due to the fact many people dont like to play tanks.

The problem about 3 man scenarios is, that the roles healers and tanks are not really needed, and, even being able to contribute, damage dealer teams often seem more viable for that gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
On patch 5.3 scenarios are getting some cool upgrades (such as heroic mode) as well as new and improved rewards, so hopefully that'll make them more attractive for you Stono.

We still like 5-man dungeons and there will be more in coming expansions, but right now, the developers feel the content they're currently working on (raids with their varying difficulty modes (LFR, normal, Heroic) normal and Heroic scenarios, world bosses, quest content...) for this expansion's cycle is more attractive to a bigger number of players.

I'd rather see every single scenario out of the window for 2-3 more 5 man dungeons. Scenarios all come down to the same thing: You kill some stuff, do a few objectives and that's it. There are no real mechanics you have to deal with (Oh you mean those big elite 'bosses'?). It's outright boring, and adding a Heroic mode and giving it more rewards will definitely not attract more people to this obnoxious form of PvE.
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Warrior
i would like to see some purple item reward from chalenge mode bosses so ppl could farm them for gear too in adition to scenarios,
and maybe some now HCdungeon would be cool but with same reward as starting MOP HC dung.
Reply Quote

In patch 5.3 the developers are going to tweak at which point dungeons are made available on the whole level 1-90 range :)

I'd rather see every single scenario out of the window for 2-3 more 5 man dungeons. Scenarios all come down to the same thing: You kill some stuff, do a few objectives and that's it. There are no real mechanics you have to deal with (Oh you mean those big elite 'bosses'?). It's outright boring, and adding a Heroic mode and giving it more rewards will definitely not attract more people to this obnoxious form of PvE.

I realize plenty of you don't care about Scenarios as they are right now. Which is alright, to be frank, I usually run them just for valor, so that sentiment some people may have in the sense of "these aren't quite useful for me" it's not alien to me.

However, having said that, keep in mind Heroic scenarios are indeed harder and tuned to a higher item level. There'll be new rewards and items as well coming from them, so, while I completely understand you might not like them as they are right now, I'd encourage you to go to the PTR as the patch continues to be developed and see how Heroic scenarios are shaping up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The lack of 5 man dungeons is the primary reason i unsubbed.

Since wow came out i have been playing with 4 other friends of mine. We made the perfect team

When new 5 mans came out we did them over and over _together_.

When Swtor came out. We all tried it, but what did they do ? yes. 4 man dungeons. One of the 5 had to sit out and we had to rotate. It ended up with us going back to wow. Stating that Blizzard sat the standard for 5 man dungeons with wow. And that no other games should steer away from that. It wouldnt work if ppl were to switch over.

And boom. Here came mop. With retarded scenarios which arent fun at all. No rewards from bosses, which give you a reason to go back in after the item you need refuse to drop. And here comes the kicker.. 3 players. Just wow (not short for world of warcraft)

Better go back to the roots in next expansion or mop became my last. After almost 9 years
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
12/04/2013 19:25Posted by Draztal
I realize plenty of you don't care about Scenarios as they are right now. Which is alright, to be frank, I usually run them just for valor, so that sentiment some people may have in the sense of "these aren't quite useful for me" it's not alien to me.

It has nothing to do with usefulness for me. I find scenarios boring and empty in comparison to a dungeon. Nothing in WoW beats the feeling of going into a dungeon (or raid) for the first time and finding out all of the tricks and extras there are to work out - this is not a feeling I have for scenarios.

If Dungeons and Scenarios had the same drops and rewards I would queue for a dungeon every time. I dislike that scenarios are taking over dungeons to be honest, dungeons are the binder of WoW and pulls everything together in 1 package; Loot, Story, group play.

Personally I want to see MORE dungeons than ever as well as bigger and 'deeper' dungeons that feel like an exploration adventure. THAT is what I love about WoW.

EDIT: Didn't mean to post on this character, sorry.
Edited by Virga on 12/04/2013 19:41 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I have to agree with the OP's sentiment on the lack of dungeons, it is quite mind-numbing to think of running them anymore after 6+ months over and over.

An altoholic guildy was recenlty saying that he felt MoP was actually very alt unfriendly, largely due to the monotony of the dungeons on offer, and let's face it, unless you are totally new to WoW, questing is just a chore.

Personally, I haven't cared much for 'Heroic' dungeons since TBC, since the real nail in the coffin for me has been the lack of any concentration/co-ordination requirement. I realise challenge modes go some way to rectifying this, but alot of ppl are locked out from these due to the BIG increase in difficulty, which the LFD speed run culture does not work with.

So while I agree more dungeons are needed, they also need to live up to a heroic style (while not challenge mode timed). Anyone remember crowd control?

I really like where MoP is at, I enjoy the scenarios, the raids (ToT) are epic, but the 5 mans need some serious attention.
Edited by Leftblank on 12/04/2013 20:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2013 19:25Posted by Draztal

In patch 5.3 the developers are going to tweak at which point dungeons are made available on the whole level 1-90 range :)

However, having said that, keep in mind Heroic scenarios are indeed harder and tuned to a higher item level. There'll be new rewards and items as well coming from them, so, while I completely understand you might not like them as they are right now, I'd encourage you to go to the PTR as the patch continues to be developed and see how Heroic scenarios are shaping up.

Thing is, those scenarios could have been 5 man dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
At first I didn't liked Scenarios because I saw no point in them. They were just a shorter instance with a smaller queue time.
But now I really enjoy them especially when playing with my alts. You don't need to wait for a tank or healer, you don't have to wait for the tank to pull or the healer to get mana and they are fast so you have the time to do other stuff too.

If Blizz was to release new 5man dungeons who'd be as easy as the MOP hcs I'd take scenarios over these so called "hcs" any day because if I have to AOE everything down I prefer to sit 1 min in the queue and be done with it quickly instead of waiting for a healer / tank for 20+ min and spending another 30 min in the instance.
But I do agree that scenarios could be harder and have some real mechanics you have to watch out and what would be perfect in my opinion is if scenarios were 1man instead of 3man (could add a little more challenge to it).

TLDR : I enjoy scenarios but I agree they need a little more work (mechanic wise) and cold be harder then they are now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]