Shadopan trinket bug?

90 Draenei Death Knight
On my hunter the proc lasts 20 seconds...

On my rogue it's like 40 seconds? o.O

Oh and tested on dummies the proc is indeed only 20 sec but in pvp it's 40.. LOL nice bug
Edited by Yvònne on 18/04/2013 09:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
not a bug, they changed it. should proc for less agility in pvp though.
Edited by Drhook on 18/04/2013 09:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Huh? They nerfed the proc to 6900 agi yes but did you see what i wrote?

It procs and i got 6900 agi for 40 seconds.. ???

Didn't test in arenas tho yet just random bgs but lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Huh? They nerfed the proc to 6900 agi yes but did you see what i wrote?

afaik it's supposed to proc for 40 seconds in pvp and 20 in pve now, the only bug there would be it still giving the same amount of agility as from what i've read it should be reduced to around 5k in pvp now.

edit: but i dunno might all be a bug as it still seems pretty crazy \o/
Edited by Drhook on 18/04/2013 09:43 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Hah 40 secs in pvp making it even more broken?

Blizzard logic =)

But yeah the proc gives round 5k agi or something? Well anyways.
Edited by Yvònne on 18/04/2013 09:44 BST
Reply Quote
Community
18/04/2013 09:37Posted by Yvònne
It procs and i got 6900 agi for 40 seconds.. ???
This is actually just the tooltip not being updated yet as that requires a client patch. If you check your character sheet while in either Battlegrounds or Arena, you will see that the effect only applies 4400 Agility or Strength and the duration of the buff has been doubled.

This effectively halves the burst potential of the trinket and doubles its duration. This results in the damage being much easier to heal, but lasts a longer amount of time. So this isn't actually a bug, it's an intended change, the tooltip for the buff just isn't updated yet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Interesting.. so 4400 for 40 seconds.

Still better than the pvp trinket though.

Btw nakatoir any reason you guys don't just remove it completely from pvp?
Edited by Yvònne on 18/04/2013 11:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This effectively halves the burst potential of the trinket and doubles its duration. This results in the damage being much easier to heal, but lasts a longer amount of time

I'm not usually one to moan at things.

But what state of mind is the development team in when they double the duration. The trinket is still better than any pvp trinket you can buy, and people still revolve their gameplay around it.

I don't know if you played in season 8, but the rules were, if you had X trinket, you got high rated, please, don't make the same mistake again, because I can tell it's slowly going back that way.

Last season wasn't great for many reasons, but it was great that you wasn't punished in the long run because you didn't raid top end content.

inb4 no reply =(
Edited by Lordofmagic on 18/04/2013 11:16 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Interesting.. so 4400 for 40 seconds.

Still better than the pvp trinket though.

It provides around twice as much agi as an on use trinket over time. On the other hand that's still far easier to deal with than the LOLONESHOT bursts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This effectively halves the burst potential of the trinket and doubles its duration. This results in the damage being much easier to heal, but lasts a longer amount of time

Question is what genius who came up with this idea.

None wants Pve trinkets in PvP, NONE. Why even make it viable? 4k agility for 40 seconds is almost better then 20 seconds because certain hunter rogue healer comps only have 40 seconds games <.<

And why use this crappy PvE solution when you can already separate the procs from PvP and PvE? The dev team already stated they DIDN'T want PvE gear to be the best in PvP yet you insist on nerfing it so it's not the best? Makes no sense and just puts me off to play arenas at all
Edited by Mírion on 18/04/2013 11:21 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't know if you played in season 8, but the rules were, if you had X trinket, you got high rated, please, don't make the same mistake again, because I can tell it's slowly going back that way.

PvE gear has been insane for healers all season, people just don't notice it because they don't get 1 shot. On the other hand I believe they stated that all gear would be normalized to a certain ilvl when entering arena next patch, which means PvP gear will almost certainly be far superior in every slot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Would also like an answer to this
Reply Quote
Community
18/04/2013 11:08Posted by Yvònne
Because that is not our intent. Our end goal is not to prohibit PvE gear in PvP, if it was, that is what we would do. There is actually a question about PvE items in PvP, in the upcoming "Ask the Devs — The Answers" blog. Keep an eye out for that as we plan for this to go live tomorrow.

18/04/2013 11:18Posted by Mírion

Question is what genius who came up with this idea.

None wants Pve trinkets in PvP, NONE. Why even make it viable? 4k agility for 40 seconds is almost better then 20 seconds because certain hunter rogue healer comps only have 40 seconds games <.<
Don't forget that in 5.3, this trinket will also be getting scaled back to iLevel 496. This means that the stat proc will be getting lowered with the reduced iLevel and then halved as well when inside Battlegrounds and Arena. So in 5.3, the affect of this trinket will be diminished even further.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
18/04/2013 11:40Posted by Nakatoir
Don't forget that in 5.3, this trinket will also be getting scaled back to iLevel 496. This means that the stat proc will be getting lowered with the reduced iLevel and then halved as well when inside Battlegrounds and Arena.

From what Holinka has said about the trinket on twitter the trinket has been nerfed to 498ilvl stat wise(item budget as a 496 item) already so it shouldn't even get changed when you enter arenas in 5.3. This is a stupid solution to a broken trinket that doesn't work. It's still to good, the trinket needs to get lowered to the PvP trinkets stats, in other words 3k agility tops for it to not be overpowered.
Edited by Mírion on 18/04/2013 11:43 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
ok then, ignore what I said sir Nakatoir
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
18/04/2013 11:42Posted by Mírion
Don't forget that in 5.3, this trinket will also be getting scaled back to iLevel 496. This means that the stat proc will be getting lowered with the reduced iLevel and then halved as well when inside Battlegrounds and Arena.

From what Holinka has said about the trinket on twitter the trinket has been nerfed to 498ilvl stat wise(item budget as a 496 item) already so it shouldn't even get changed when you enter arenas in 5.3. This is a stupid solution to a broken trinket that doesn't work. It's still to good, the trinket needs to get lowered to the PvP trinkets stats, in other words 3k agility tops for it to not be overpowered.

Exactly. Lower procs to PvP trinket counterpart in PvP setup.
Reply Quote
- WoW
90 Human Rogue
Thanks for the insight Nakatoir.

18/04/2013 11:40Posted by Nakatoir
Because that is not our intent. Our end goal is not to prohibit PvE gear in PvP, if it was, that is what we would do.

I agree, players should have the choice to PvP in PvE gear as well. However, when a PvE item becomes better than a PvP item in general and a PvP-player feels like he has to get a PvE item to stay competitive, it feels weird to me.

There is actually a question about PvE items in PvP, in the upcoming "Ask the Devs — The Answers" blog. Keep an eye out for that as we plan for this to go live tomorrow.

Cool, looking forward to that!
Reply Quote
Community
18/04/2013 11:42Posted by Mírion
Indeed he did, but he was referring to what they procced for in PvP before this new hotfix, which is 6908. So you can deduce from this that the value of the stat proc in 5.3 will be approximately 3454, with Superluminal lasting 40 seconds and Surge of Strength lasting 30 seconds. This number is almost 1000 less than the current proc amount after the hotfix, and only slightly higher than the number you mentioned.

So after the 5.3 patch and even now, the damage bonus provided by these trinkets is much more manageable than what it was previously, but it simply lasts longer.
Edited by Nakatoir on 18/04/2013 11:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So after the 5.3 patch and even now, the damage bonus provided by these trinkets is much more manageable than what it was previously, but it simply lasts longer.

It's not about being manageable it's about PvE trinkets being BIS for PvP, wasn't this one of the goals with PvP in this expansion: That PvP gear would be the best in PvP and PvE gear being ok to start off with?

So you can deduce from this that the value of the stat proc in 5.3 will be approximately 3454, with Superluminal lasting 40 seconds and Surge of Strength lasting 30 seconds

And are you sure about that? He made it sound like it was already downscaled and wouldn't be touched more.
Edited by Mírion on 18/04/2013 12:02 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]