Ask the Devs — 5.3 PTR Edition

90 Human Rogue
Answers on the questions the community has asked can now be found here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8043620
Reply Quote
Community
Blue taggin' for visibility! Hope you all enjoy, and we look forward to seeing your feedback about the answers the developers gave.
Reply Quote
boring, they seem to have picked the questions (again) that they have easy copy/paste answers ready.
Reply Quote
Community
19/04/2013 16:10Posted by Cherryblunt
boring, they seem to have picked the questions (again) that they have easy copy/paste answers ready.
The questions chosen were the ones that were on the topic in question, which was the upcoming PvP changes in patch 5.3. No questions were skipped because of their difficulty in answering.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Questions were chosen based on votes. I also think that the questions that are asked, are ones that are most frequently asked on forums as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
This question doesn't look like one that is frequently asked:
What is the objective of allowing resilience gems and resilience enchants in a pvp set? We have experienced that right now everything that adds resilience to your gear is useless. Are you going to improve resilience gems and enchantments to make them more appealing to use or are you going to remove it over time?

In fact I'm not even sure why it was asked at all.. I'm sure it's quite incorrect. ;O
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Very little on class issues disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This question doesn't look like one that is frequently asked:
What is the objective of allowing resilience gems and resilience enchants in a pvp set? We have experienced that right now everything that adds resilience to your gear is useless. Are you going to improve resilience gems and enchantments to make them more appealing to use or are you going to remove it over time?

In fact I'm not even sure why it was asked at all.. I'm sure it's quite incorrect. ;O

That one caught my eye too... who on earth thinks resilience gems/enchants are useless...
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
- "On the topic of crowd control specifically, overall we don’t feel like there is too much."

You keep going back and forth with " we don't think there's too much CC atm " and "Yeah we agree there's too much CC"

We've complained that there's been too much CC for 4 years, especially instant CC.

- "We think crowd control is critical to PvP, because without crowd control, battles among players devolve into tunneling and burst cooldowns. "

The game is pretty much about tunneling and burst cooldowns, the biggest problem with mop pvp is CD STACKING.

- "Once we tame instants, it’s entirely possible that Mind-Numbing Poison and Necrotic Strike will be too powerful. They already slow player casts by less than what they do on creatures, and that number could be even lower (though at some point the debuff would just end up being unnoticeable)."

Really..? We want mind numbing/necrotic strike to be unnoticeable, removed because they don't fit the metagame anymore thanks to instants.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That one caught my eye too... who on earth thinks resilience gems/enchants are useless...
Somebody at 1100 rating I'd suppose! xD

Actually, resilience right now is a bit deceptive. It shows up as making almost no difference because the damage reduction % changes so little. At the very same time though, it does make a huge difference due to the same effect that makes 90% damage reduction 90% of what you took before, and another 90% damage reduction would then be 99% damage reduction. So as you go up to higher resilience resilience looks like it scales worse even though it doesn't. That's confusing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow is overperforming and something needed to go. Shadow priests have high damage, strong defenses, and lots of utility. What we think was putting them over the top was being able to save their healer with things like Void Shift and Mass Dispel.

So let me get this straight, somehow shadow priesta are the only class with high burst and some utility?

What about hunters and dks who both have a lot stronger burst, which is also on demand - no build up time required, no sitting on 3 orbs doing almost nothing required, they can apply _constant_ pressure and burst whenever required. Both classes also have a ton of utility and cc.
Somehow not a target for nerfs? Curious.

Going further, are you aware that void shift and mass dispel are basically THE ONLY meaningful utility a shadow priest brings to arena?
I can understand that - due to your design failures - void shift is too strong, but how is removing it and providing NOTHING in return a wise design choice?

I mean, for crying out loud, w/o void shift and with 1.5 sec cast md (yeah right, say hello to mind numbing), all teams will sit on the spriest, force dispersion in one cc/burst pull and then its GG, cause we have ZIP left to defend ourselves.

TLDR:
The ONLY thing preventing cleaves from sitting on spriests all day long is void shift, you're taking it away and giving nothing in return. What gives?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well that blew. Was really expecting more "dared" answers. We get the same answers on twitter as this >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Not to much cc, how can you take one look at this game and say that there is not to much cc that's just a wrong answser. Honestly at this point its no longer an opinion its a fact.

Trinket with nerfs are fine? No they are not the only way you are ever gonna get that balanced is if the trinkets give the exact same bonus as the pvp ones else there is no way you ever get tham balanced.

And lastly "Philosophically, we’re okay with tanks being useful in PvP, but in general, characters that are hard to kill with a reasonable amount of control aren’t fun for anyone else, so we’re definitely not trying to encourage even more tank participation in PvP."

Hard to kill with reasonable amount of control....you mean like healers?....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Pathetic Blizzard responses as usual, they know practically nothing about what is happening in the game that they designed..

Once again, pathetic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Blue taggin' for visibility! Hope you all enjoy, and we look forward to seeing your feedback about the answers the developers gave.
The PvP community doesn't seem to enjoy anything and will always find fault with something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like how my question about "any changes planned for DKs" got completly dodged. For some reason, neither on twitter or even in "Ask the Devs" threads I can't find the answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like how my question about "any changes planned for DKs" got completly dodged. For some reason, neither on twitter or even in "Ask the Devs" threads I can't find the answer.
Its not surprising really, but I guess it means that Death Knights aren't as big an issue as people seem to think.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

People just didn't upvote it. There is plenty of communication about DK's at the moment.

Pathetic Blizzard responses as usual, they know practically nothing about what is happening in the game that they designed..

Once again, pathetic.

I think this is being too harsh. If you wanted another question answered, you should've been on that thread and up/down-voting posts. Any whining after the fact is ridiculous.

I think they answered the right kinds of questions. I just think their answers were really bad.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
Answers on the questions the community has asked can now be found here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8043620

Utterely dissapointing answers/ attitude tbh.
The major things which are constanly posted about here and on the usa forums: too much burst, too much cc +remove the pve trinkets, are simply ignored.

We dont think there is too much cc..yeah right.:p

"What we don’t want is for players who are in full Conquest gear to feel like they need to go pursue a PvE item in order to be competitive."..yeah like theres a single rogue/ hunter that wont use the trinkets atm..

Nothing about how to curb burst, nothing about cd stacking.

My wishes for the devs of this game or those that answered the questions: 100 arena matches against a priest/ hunter in endless cc.
Thats a mild punishment in my book because its what they think to be ok for us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
People just didn't upvote it. There is plenty of communication about DK's at the moment.

I wouldn't be mad if there really was "plenty" of communication about DKs. I'm still wondering why Unholy Frenzy does self-damage if it doesn't break ccs anymore or why Icebound Fortitude has to cost Runic Power, just saying. All read it's the Blood Presence bs and the whine of the 1550 heros.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]