Oque NEEDS to go

90 Worgen Druid
Simple as that.

Premades should be allowed with friends and people you know, but oque is just a parasite on the PvP system. You download addon, you browse the list and click "wait" a couple of times , you don't even talk to the people you grouped with, they are not your friends and you are simply there to farm non premade groups in Randoms using RBG tactics.

This addon needs to go Blizzard, I have NOTHING against premades of people who are playing with their friends or their guild but this addon clearly serves only 1 purpose. It's great for RBGs yes but it's completely ruining random BGs which a lot of people care about.

If you are against my opinion then please state why and don't tell me because "you want to play with friends" I have nothing against premades like that, you aren't playing with any friends on Oque.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
you don't even talk to the people you grouped with

I do greet them.
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
So far only been able to use the addon for 5 man group and that is just the same as grouping with friend on the same realm. Its great for me cause I would have never met those ppl without this addon. THere are hardly any PvP ppl on my realm, so creating a party of my own is really hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
What's next? banning join as group because they have a unfair advantage over the mouth breathing knuckle walking window lickers?
Edited by Prosít on 21/04/2013 11:20 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
5 man? D:

The other day with IoC and AV Preform config addon FOR OQueue, we did a 40 man on IoC :D

Was fun as hell watching the Horde take down the gate like a mob of vicious hamsters seeing no opposition and then BAM, 40 people in mass stealth, 10 healers.

We lost one man that day. He was well commemorated. :<

People like this are why its hated so much.

Not got the skills for rbg`s? oQueue and roflstomp randoms then!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
L2P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think the people in this thread are solid proof as to why the addon needs to go.
Reply Quote
Ok I'm gonna say this one more time so read this carefully please.

You CANNOT queue more than 5 players in non-rated BG's THROUGH THE ADDON, because the code to do so has been fully removed in 5.1. The multi group premades you see are joining through COUNTDOWN Queueing.

And even so, there are roughly 20 rated battlegrounds and only 10 non-rated battlegrounds running at peak time on Horde side. There will always be people running multi-group premades, but they are by far a minority and only use the addon to find the people because, once again, they cannot queue THROUGH the addon.
And you cannot even be sure they use oQueue since there are websites to announce, create and put people in your premade.

Your gripe is with players cheating the queueing system, not the addon.
Whether people want it or not, oQueue has improved low population realm's pvp, it has made for more RBG's and it has created new friendships as the more people use oQueue, the more they will see players they know and talk. Not everyone is on vent to roflstomp you and not everyone is joining groups and staying silent. Most people are there to have fun PvP'ing, chatting, laughing, do achievement runs, winning and finally gain some honor.

(Note before you verbally attack me: I do use oQueue and I use it as a legit player. I don't do multi-group non-rated battlegrounds and I certainly do not go for roflstomps as I enjoy working for my victories.)
Edited by Shriukan on 21/04/2013 21:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
mouth breathing knuckle walking window lickers?

Off topic: Lol. Just lol. Clearly, you aren't just a pretty face in a pretty dress. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

On topic yet slightly off topic: Have you ever thought about if raidbosses were able to post on forums, imagine them saying the same things about LFR on the D&R forums? IT'S SO UNFAIR THAT THESE RANDOMS JUST LIKE COME AND TAKE OUR LOOT WITHOUT EVEN DOING IT WITH FRIENDS OR A GUILD AND SUCH.

On topic: Am I the only one who actually thinks this addon, in theory, is simply put amazing? You look at LFD and LFR, yes, they let you find people to do things with, but it's so automated, so "queue up get in do things get out", in a game, where people have for a long time been complaining about how the sense of community spirit and whatnot has been disappearing.
We have all the options of doing things crossrealm and in crossrealm groups, but there is no proper ingame tool to find and meet people in realtime outside of our realm (I mean grouping up to queue somewhere together, not queueing up and then ending up in a group randomly made), there are forums, different communities (openraid comes to mind, I made a few keeper friends trough the runs I did trough OR in Cata), but these are not realtime, they require planning, going outside of the game.
Let me tell you, I remember the days when I used to go to the battlemasters to queue for some bgs, check if there's someone else hanging out at the battlemasters, give them a whisper and ask if they want to group up, met so many new friends this way and had fun playing with randoms, finding likeminded people who just enjoy churning battlegrounds and such.
Now, today, where do you go for such? Quite alot of realms are suffering from low population, you have the option of playing with people from other realms, but yet there is no similar way of easily connecting and finding people realtime in the game, which would be comparable to what Oqueue gives you.

I can understand where the OP is coming from, and I'm not posting to say that you are wrong, I still queue for alot of battlegrounds solo or with friends, and sometimes I too face groups I'm quite sure have been formed trough Oqueue.
Do I get pissy if my randoms aren't up for the challenge? Yeah, most of the time I play to win even if it's random battlegrounds, I have good win/loss ratios in my statistics on prettymuch all my characters, but it doesn't differ from the pissy of alot of other things that makes me pissy in random battlegrounds, it's just easier to target that pissyness because you can put a definite label, such as "Oqueue" on what is making you pissy.

But beyond getting pissy, looking at the bigger picture, as someone who does not get amazed by things easily, the concept of the addon and how it works forming a crossrealm LFG system, yeah, I'm pretty darn amzed by the addon (and wondering why the F something like this doesn't exist in the game by default with the introduction of more and more options for crossrealm activity, to me it puts the concept of LFD and LFR to shame) and the possibilities it offers to people when it comes to connecting with each other.

I'm quite sure there are people who this addon makes happy because they can get to form groups with randoms to stomp noobs in bgs. They will make people pissy, but in this game, what doesn't make people pissy these days anyway, and it's not like this kind of people haven't existed in the game before this addon showed up?
What about the people on smaller realms, whose friends have quit the game and can't seem to find new people to play with just for those spur of the moment bgs, who want to find and group up with people to grind their honor gear with who are actually joining in to well, play the game and might have a clue, I'm sure the addon is making them happy aswell, not to mention that I honestly see more R(ated)BG groups forming these days compared to random bg groups in the addon listings.

All I'm trying to say is, that looking at the bigger picture, there is alot more to see then the claims you presented, and in all fairness if you are soloqueueing random battlegrounds, despite the addon existing, you'd still have a pretty good chance to face premade groups formed outside of the addon, that would roll you all the same, you just wouldn't have something to point your finger at the way you do now.
And most of the times I don't really even need a small premade to roll alliance scum anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
OQ lets you play with 4 random players that usually play a lot better than the average random bger that Blizzard's system hooks you up with. If the majority of the player base didn't fail so miserably in normal BGs people wouldn't have to use OQ for it. People simply get sick and tired of the mindless, zero-skill cluster**** that is random BGs nowadays so when they need honor or achievements they use OQ to make the BG experience a little less frustrating. It is perfectly understandable and nothing wrong with it IMO.
Edited by Sparx on 21/04/2013 22:54 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What's next? banning join as group because they have a unfair advantage over the mouth breathing knuckle walking window lickers?

This. I don't personally use oQueue, but I know why people do it. And Prosit's right, if oQueue is removed then the next thing you'll ask for is the removal of 5-man same-server premades.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
but it's completely ruining random BGs which a lot of people care about.

Then why don't these people get the Addon themself?
Reply Quote
8 Undead Priest
This AddOn is adding more social activity to an otherwise completely anti-social system.

Since you rarely see people from your own realm in BGs (unless you're from Stormscale or Outland) you rarely find anyone who'd be willing to queue up with you again at the end of the BG. oQueue brings back somewhat of the socialness and allows you to make friends.

Honestly, if this AddOn gets banned I'll feel like the social aspect of the game is getting stamped clean out.

If you dislike facing premades, just get the AddOn, it's not like you lose anything from it - if you meet someone you don't like just remove them from battle tag and they're gone.

The excuse "it ruins random BGs" is just not true, the groups you make from oQueue can potentially be made from the random BG queue, but how popular the AddOn is shows how much people hate queue'ing random.

It also tackles a lot of the bot problems (granted bots are very reduced now).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Since installing oQueue I have less bots on my team because I know at least 4 other players on my team are going to be real people. It is literally the only reason I use it.

Get rid of the bots and I'll stop using oQueue, simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
most people want to play with other players not with bots.

btw it's great for people who want to cap their rbgs without spending whole evening by spamming trade channel.
Edited by Winzi on 22/04/2013 10:27 BST
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
It is also great for ppl who play at really odd hours or have no irl friends to play with... Or ppl who are on dead realms and struggle to get a group for whatever they are doing by spamming trade :) Or you might be stuck with a guild that won't take you to rbgs or whatnot just because you are a little behind on gear and then you run into the same problem with ppl who are LFG on trade. Those ppl are saved by Oque from just sitting in SW and doing nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is also great for ppl who play at really odd hours or have no irl friends to play with... Or ppl who are on dead realms and struggle to get a group for whatever they are doing by spamming trade :) Or you might be stuck with a guild that won't take you to rbgs or whatnot just because you are a little behind on gear and then you run into the same problem with ppl who are LFG on trade. Those ppl are saved by Oque from just sitting in SW and doing nothing.

Pretty much this. !
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I used to spam trade/general channels for hours (literally!!!) for achievement runs of several kind (my guild focus heavily in clearing latest content), with like a 75% fail rate, either because not being able to fill the group or getting clueless people. OQ has GREATLY improved my gameplay.

I still fail to see the main reason of you disliking it; you find it cold, unfriendly? you get crushed too often by premades and you want merry, camp fights?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]