Combo points should stay on the rogue

90 Human Warrior
I not long ago played Rift. Great game, but WoW is better so I came back. Though one of the ways that Rift was better than on rogue classes, the combo points stayed with the rogue, not on the target then got lost when a switch is made.
Please make this happen is WoW, it'll be so much more convenient.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Don't hold your breath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Apparently the reason Rogues have half of their resource system tied to having a target is for "flavor". It makes us special, they say. Special like a less-than-bright child, that is. It's just one of the outdated mechanics the class has, and one topic that was repeated ad nauseam during the last Beta. It would be a great change, for sure, but I doubt we'll see them do something that big before the next pre-expac patch. Maybe not even then.

They'd have to remove Redirect and think about some balance issues and ramp-up mechanics to make it work without making the class horribly OP in PvE. Obviously, it would also be a significant PvP buff as well, and since people wouldn't be used to it, they'd cry foul, since Rogues would be a much stronger class after such a move.

I also think they should remove Anticipation just because it's very boring, and makes CP handling a non-issue in PvE. Without it people would actually have to pay attention to CPs, and this would lead to a slightly higher skill cap in optimizing your rotation and such. It would offer a more engaging mechanic, and simply put, be more fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
get your hands of anticipation!
its the best thing that has ever happend to rogues!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
get your hands of anticipation!
its the best thing that has ever happend to rogues!

No, it's not. This is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPv11JrLaI8
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It would be convenient, yes, but I think this would be too overpowered.

Redirect is a cooldown for a reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
McI
Paladins and monks already have their "combo points" bound to them and not the target.
So why exactly would it be OP for rogues?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Sounds good, so we can be hitting a dps and still be able to spam deadly throw on the healer so he can't cast anything without having to redirect

yeah, no
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
McI
Sounds good, so we can be hitting a dps and still be able to spam deadly throw on the healer so he can't cast anything without having to redirectyeah, no

Balanced CD on Deadly Throw may fix that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Might be a bit OP if you could cloak and dagger+shadowdance > ambush > focus garrotte > ambush > focus cheap shot > 5cp eviscerate > marked for death > 5cp eviscerate. At the moment the focused CC comes at a damage cost.

Though saying that, I really hate how you have to use combo point generators to kill shaman totems now. Many times I've been rooted next to capacitor totem without the energy to kill it in time (instead of just being able to use whatever CPs I have to eviscerate it).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
This topic is oldddddddddddddd really old and they will never ever do it simple. they hate rogue class vbut they made easy monk with that capability. And if they thunk of doing something stupid again to rogue next patch say bb to this class massiveeeeeeeeee rerollll
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]