Possible exploits in game

90 Human Hunter
ye u herd, too bad class. 2 hard 2
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I only play 2s and ive noticed alot of wierd things aswell lately, perhaps cheating or exploiting is more common in this bracket seeing as its considered a troll bracket.

Basically we were up against a resto druid and unholy dk where the druid looked like he was running and casting cyclones which all hit. My teammate dk kept getting "out of range" error messages when he was standing ontop of the druid.

Then we ran into a Frost mage & Balance druid where the mage hit my 67% resilience partner with 97k frostfire bolt, 120k frostbolt and 80k Frost bomb. I tried recreating this damage in a duel with incaniters ward, trinket procs with my mage which had even more pvp power then the opponents we faced and i could never hit him for 120k with frostbolt nor the 97k frostfire crit.
Edited by Gintoki on 24/04/2013 18:57 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Dont tell me to look at classes videos. I know what i am up against.

First of all, i am 100% sure i saw virmen bite consumable.
Second, i know about priests abilities but what i meant to say is that he just walk back and "lags" and he is out of combat.

looks like many people abuse lag.

And that think about monk could be visual bug who knows, but please dont tell me to watch videos because i play this game for more than 4 years and only just because i dont aim for high rating doesnt mean i suck.

next time i will spend 3h recording arena with my connection meter on so people can see what am i talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
no ofc not they all play by the rules -.- i decided to link some sites but then realised by doing so i would probaly just help more players cheat and risk a ban? so i edited it away.

some players take every dirty trick they can find to get there rating even going so far as shuting down there enemys teams network to get a win.
Edited by Quelék on 25/04/2013 10:41 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
5) Priest have no skills that allow them to immediately exit combat. They do have [url="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112833"]Spectral Guise[/url] though, this allows them to stealth for 6 seconds or until their shadow has been attacked three times. As I said initially though, this does not remove them from combat, however it can give them an escape and the space they need to get out of combat.

It does end combat immediately if the guise is not hit and if the priest doesnt have mindbender / shadowfiend out. Trust me, playing priest here. ;)
Reply Quote
93 Human Mage
The "cheat" part is mostly wintrading or having people they know queue into them with a comp they can easily beat.

Dodging/sniping is widespread too
Edited by Mårlernx on 25/04/2013 14:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I saw one of those clear internet bandwidth limiting program abusers... Sad to say, it was Malevolent Gladiator warrior and paladin.
The paladin had this lag, I was inside/ahead of him and barely got chains of ice to hit after 15seconds... and when the debuff landed (I was using chillbains, no freedom) the root actually came 5seconds later. Then I said fok it and gone on the warrior, paladin suddenly stops lagging and heals like a baus.
Then I hotswap, paladin is lagfree, but 2-3seconds later he starts the lagging maneuver again. Every time he would hottoggle the lag !@#$ on and off when he needed immunity, even in full hp. But when he had to heal his m8, he had to take it off, but it's easy to heal especially when it's almost impossible to force CDs :/ Would have won that1... warrior was just tryhard blow everything into def CDs Malevolent Gladiator ..
Reply Quote
Dodging/sniping is widespread too

People don't intentionally queue into counter comps (which have a far greater than 50% chance of winning due to comp), it's sensible after a couple of losses (if you've already tried everything you can feasibly think of to win) to take a break and not annoy your entire team as someone facerolls over your comp with an easy/simply strat.

The option of chain queueing into the same counter and tanking hundreds of rating which no doubt took quite a few hours to build isn't all that appealing, and theres a lot of people who've covered/played/have wow guildies/mates who play said counter comp so definitively know it's going to take some major screw up on the oppositions part to stand a chance.

Only blizz can fix this by merging the bg's so you don't meet the same teams #'s times in a row and so you actually get some comp diversity when you queue.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
As far as i remeber, most of the cheating part is wintrading. (not doing pvp here since last summer so correct me if im wrong)

That's something i don't think blizzy can fix :/

I remeber btw a day when after hitting 2200 we wanted to push for more and after some games we meet 2 times in a row the same team, At the beginning of the arena, we just "lost connection to the server", first time happened to me and the second time our lock. This vs the same team. We queued up 5 mins later without getting any problems.
Reply Quote
Community
24/04/2013 13:43Posted by Mírion
We are actually aware of this and are currently looking into the matter, I'll try to get some more information about this before the end of the week. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3KdLa1034&feature=youtu.be

Incase you need some kind of "poof" to show how it's bugged.
Coming back to this one quickly; Spectral Guise removing a player from combat is not entirely a bug, but more of an unfortunate side-effect that's caused by the way the spell functions in order to accomplish particular tasks. We are fine that this perk is available through Spectral Guise and have no plans at this time to change the way the spell works.

We're aware that the tooltip is currently incorrect in its current state and are looking to update it in an upcoming patch, however this will not be until patch 5.4 at the soonest.
Edited by Nakatoir on 02/05/2013 08:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/05/2013 08:26Posted by Nakatoir

Coming back to this one quickly; Spectral Guise removing a player from combat is not entirely a bug, but more of an unfortunate side-effect that's caused by the way the spell functions in order to accomplish particular tasks. We are fine that this perk is available through Spectral Guise and have no plans at this time to change the way the spell works.

We're aware that the tooltip is currently incorrect in its current state and are looking to update it in an upcoming patch, however this will not be until patch 5.4 at the soonest.

Say what? You think its good that priest can spam this to drink in arena all the time?
Im not surprised.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1. You have never been 1500
2. Learn other classes abilities before you come here saying they are cheating.
3. Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault = 4400 in PvP, its not a pot.

The bottom line is, you get outplayed because you don't have a clue what is doing on or by the looks of it what you are doing yourself.

learn to play issues
Reply Quote
95 Undead Mage
Can i have an unfortunate "side-effect" on my blink that makes me immune to damage and cc for 6 seconds after blinking? Please?
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 08:26Posted by Nakatoir

Really? So it's completely fine that I can fear and guise followed up by mounting and running to safety?
Yeah, seems like a well thought out talent, indeed.

Can i have an unfortunate "side-effect" on my blink that makes me immune to damage and cc for 6 seconds after blinking? Please?

You've already got a minor immunity on blink for stuns.

The same stupidity comes with the Monks Soothing Mist. If you channel the normal duration you end up healing and dropping combat near the end, allowing you to drink or mount.
This is just poor design.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I have seen the mining exploit (lvl 85 flying between nodes in MoP - *link edited away so it is not visible to the public*) happening alot in Valley of the Four Winds, this must surely be an exploid that is fixable?

I tried reporting him by filing a ticket, and after a day I got a response only to be told that I need to use the auto report system (which requires me to click his protrait or chat name). I added the exploiter to my friend list, but he has not been online since... So I guess another bot/exploiter that was never caught then (I do not understand why it cannot be registered through filing a ticket).
Edited by Kathor on 02/05/2013 14:23 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i wonder if the r1 3v3 team on the second russian bg is a 'possible exploit' ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I added the exploiter to my friend list, but he has not been online since

02/05/2013 14:22Posted by Kathor
So I guess another bot/exploiter that was never caught then

Or that could be the reason he isn't online?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I am 100% convinced that people exploit game mechanics Blizzard likes to think that they are smarter than everyone else.
90% of players in BGs are bots soon in RBGs you will probably be fighting 100% bot teams bot programs are getting very GD and who knows to what extent the bots can manipulate the program.
Reply Quote
For 1) there is some targetting issues if you have autoselfcast enabled but have an enemy targeted with some spells, for me notably wild growth and rejuv which is annoying as crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]