DPS with my rogue.

90 Undead Rogue
Good morning at all :D
i have a problem with my fantastic rogue..
i've a good equip, i've 491 of IL, I've gems and enchant (only on the daggers), but I do only 53k of dps...
could someone tell me a good rotation or something?
(I'm assassin)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Good morning at all :D
i have a problem with my fantastic rogue..
i've a good equip, i've 491 of IL, I've gems and enchant (only on the daggers), but I do only 53k of dps...
could someone tell me a good rotation or something?
(I'm assassin)

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t130892-assassination_mists/

Read this and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
From a quick look at your profile I see a few things you can improve:

- You have too much hit, aim for 7.5% and reforge the rest into mastery/haste/crit (in that order). Use a tool like www.wowreforge.com to get reforge suggestions.

- You have 4 unenchanted items, including no enchant on your mainhand. Fix that and your damage will increase

- Also missing a belt buckle and missing some gems.

- Use anticipation talent instead of marked for death, it's a dps increase.

For a good guide, read here: http://www.icy-veins.com/assassination-rogue-wow-pve-dps-guide
Edited by Zorton on 26/04/2013 08:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Maybe this would help You:

http://i44.tinypic.com/35jy1ck.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Your hit is too high and ur expertise too low (about 7.5 on each u want.) Your gemming and enchanting needs to be addressed ofc also try 'Assassin' add-on, it will help you sort your rotation out until you get the hang of things GL :)
Edited by Vógué on 27/04/2013 05:48 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Your hit is too high and ur expertise too low (about 7.5 on each u want.) Your gemming and enchanting needs to be addressed ofc also try 'Assassin' add-on, it will help you sort your rotation out until you get the hang of things GL :)

You don't want to cap expertise until you reach a certain gear level with specific items. Only after getting the legendary meta gem it became beneficial for me to cap expertise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
29/04/2013 15:58Posted by Lesane

You don't want to cap expertise until you reach a certain gear level with specific items. Only after getting the legendary meta gem it became beneficial for me to cap expertise.

idd but when I inspected op's stats his expertise was on or around 2% will im sure you'll agree was far too low whatever gem was in use
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 19:01Posted by Vógué

idd but when I inspected op's stats his expertise was on or around 2% will im sure you'll agree was far too low whatever gem was in use

I'll let Shadowcraft be the judge of that tbh, but yeah getting 4-5ish % always seemed to be recommended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You've got a lot to work on.

Talents:
Change Marked for Death for Anticipation

Change your gems:
Red - Delicate (160 agi)
Yellow - Adept (80 agi 160 mastery)
Blue - Glinting (80 agi 80 hit)

Reforge:
Aim for 2550 hit and 2550 exp (both capped), then go full mastery. Try make sure you have mastery on every single piece of item while still capping.

mastery>haste>crit

Enchants:
Shoulders
Back
Chest
2x Weapons
Belt Buckle

Gear:
Your daggers are old, the 502 ones will do wonders for you.
Save up your VP for the Shado-Pan Assault trinket.

As others mentioned, go read Elitistjerks.com for rotation guidance.
Edited by Onedream on 02/05/2013 23:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Change your gems:
Red - Delicate (160 agi)
Yellow - Adept (80 agi 160 mastery)
Blue - Glinting (80 agi 80 hit)

Reforge:
Aim for 2550 hit and 2550 exp (both capped), then go full mastery. Try make sure you have mastery on every single piece of item while still capping.

mastery>haste>crit

This is wrong advice. Your gemming and reforging depend entirely on the stats you already have. At lower gear levels crit was better than haste, expertise was the least optimal stat, and mastery the best. At higher gear levels, haste becomes the top stat and expertise capping is actually beneficial. Expertise capping was a DPS loss for me until last week when I acquired my 2nd RPPM item (legendary gem), for example). To make a long story short, throw those stat priorities out of the window and just put your gear into Shadowcraft. It tells you exactly what the stats weigh for YOUR character (which is what matters) and auto-reforges for you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Despite all the good advice here regarding gear and reforging, what will typically get you way higher DPS is to keep your snd and rupture up, and not to overwrite envenom too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Blabla

I highly doubt this guy is into as much theorycrafting as you are. Looking at his experience etc., it was needed to set a base for him. Telling him to go to different theorycrafting sites will not help him. Telling him to go for the stats HE needs will just leave him as a huge questionmark.
Edited by Onedream on 03/05/2013 11:25 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
AMG
02/05/2013 23:45Posted by Onedream
Your daggers are old, the 502 ones will do wonders for you.

I could be wrong, but it seems that Spiritsever, with the sha gem, is better than the 502 daggers. I'm sure people will correct me if necessary, but if it's the case, then getting the gem from the legendary quest could help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Blabla

I highly doubt this guy is into as much theorycrafting as you are. Looking at his experience etc., it was needed to set a base for him. Telling him to go to different theorycrafting sites will not help him. Telling him to go for the stats HE needs will just leave him as a huge questionmark.

Except it's as easy as typing your char's name and server into a web based simulator which tells you EXACTLY what you should do. Plugging your char into Shadowcraft is hardly classified as theorycrafting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Despite all the good advice here regarding gear and reforging, what will typically get you way higher DPS is to keep your snd and rupture up, and not to overwrite envenom too much.

Yeeh.... I'm kinda thinking it's mostly a L2P issue as well. I'd say go practice the rotation on a dummy. Don't look at the numbers, but instead try to maximize uptimes on buffs and debuffs.

Finisher priority is Rupture, then SnD, then Envenom. Don't let the first to drop.
The reason I'd bump Rupture before SnD is due to Venomous Wounds (More Poison Damage + Energy Regen = Profit!)

Use Mutilate as your main Combo Point generator. With Blindside -procs and when target is under 35% health you use Dispatch instead. Only reason to use Mutilate under 35% would be to avoid Energy capping, but the difference there is fairly negligible.

You can safely clip the last tick of Rupture, as that damage will be added to the following Rupture. Envenom refreshes SnD for Assassination. Try not to clip the Envenom buff, to get more Poison damage, but don't let SnD drop in favor of that. With Anticipation Combo Point management becomes trivial, as you won't actually ever cap CPs. You are mostly left avoiding Energy capping, as that is just wasting potential. This makes keeping up Rupture and SnD very easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]