bm hunter pvp stat priority?

90 Troll Hunter
according to noxxic it's
Expertise (3%+) > Ranged Hit (3%) > PvP Power > Agility > PvP Resilience > Crit = Haste > Mastery
is this correct?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Its wrong go hit & exp until capped then mastery, crit then haste. For gemming stack resilience over pvp power everytime, match the sockets but always choose the resillence option. 5.3 is set to change this but for now do it like this, look at my build if it'll help.
Edited by Hermíone on 27/04/2013 04:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
go hit & exp until capped then mastery, crit then haste

Really? I dont do much PvP/Know much about that aspect of the game.

But isn't it Crit > Mast > Haste? Due to the pet not always being on the target = Devalue in Mastery?

Apologies if I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Your pet in bm pvp does most of the work to be honest, mastery effects them the most so they get priority. You can be hid out of los and let your pet take down an opponent by just spamming bw, kc, bs and intimidation :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
thanks for the help :)
Reply Quote
PvP priority:

Hit chance : 3% (cap) > Expertise : 3% (cap) > PvP resil > PvP power > Agi > Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Fact.
Edited by Dùx on 03/05/2013 03:22 BST
Reply Quote
go hit & exp until capped then mastery, crit then haste

Really? I dont do much PvP/Know much about that aspect of the game.

But isn't it Crit > Mast > Haste? Due to the pet not always being on the target = Devalue in Mastery?

Apologies if I'm wrong.

You are wrong, but it's fine not knowing. As for a BM hunter, your pet should have close to 100% uptime on your target (except for when you need to pull it back, and that's it).

Your pet has abilities that port him to target in various ranges, kill c and blink s. A plethora of dashes and speed boosts on top of it.

Also, you have 4 kinds of trinkets, with rather low cd's. PvP medalion (which frees pet from everything too since 5.2, although you might only profit from this as colateral freedom), BW (x2), Bullheaded (Cunning), Master's Call for roots etc.

That's basically why if you use the above stuff properly, and even if you don't (just barely), Mastery will always top crit in priority. But not for much ;)
Edited by Dùx on 03/05/2013 03:32 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hit(3%) > Expertise(3%) > PvP Resilience > PvP Power > Agility >
Mastery > Crit > Expertise(6%) > Haste

There's a good gearing article which also covers stats for BM hunters here:

http://www.skill-capped.com/content/12379/mists-of-pandaria-beast-mastery-hunter-pvp-gearing-how-to-gear-enchant-and-reforge-a-beast-mastery-hunter-in-wow-pvp-season-13-patch-5-2/#conq_gear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]