The Thunder Forges Scenario bug

(Locked)

90 Worgen Rogue
ZEN
Well, I have kind of got to the point with this part of the legendary questline in MoP where I can't tell if the problem is a bug with the scenario, or I'm just missing something really obvious.

I've been doing the solo Thunder Forges scenario where you help Wrathion create the lightning lance. I've done it already once on my Druid healer with no problems and completed it successfully. As a dps now however, on my Rogue, I am finding that during the part where the Celestial Blacksmith is charging the forges, the Celestial defender tends to die a lot just before he Blacksmith activates the final forge (as a Rogue I have no way of healing either the Blacksmith or the Defender, apart from bandages, which I save to use on the Blacksmith to keep him alive).

My problem is that the Celestial Defender tends to die just as the last of the forges are about to be activated by the Blacksmith, as by this time the Defender has a lot of adds beating on him. I am finding that if the Sha Amalgamation manifests whilst the Defender is dead, then the Defender will not respawn. The forges all reset, as intended, but the Defender doesn't reappear. Without him to tank the Amalgamation, completing the final phase is impossible.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Is this a known bug/issue - or simply me having really unfortunate timing when I've been doing it?
Customer Service
Hey Bleddyn,
I haven't seen any reports of issues with the scenario so the best thing I can advise is to report it as a bug in-game and we can have it looked into.

To report a bug in-game:

• Open the Customer Support window (the red question mark on your action bar).
  • Click Report a Bug.
  • Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  • Click Submit.

Best of luck in getting it finished on your rogue.
90 Human Paladin
I have tried that few times on this Paladin, tried as Prot. and Ret. but failed every time, might try it as Holy but until now I still have no idea why it keeps reseting...

By the way, if I get out of scenario and then try it later, shall I provide more 40 Bars or no need?

wowhead => http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32593
Edited by Sighuman on 08/05/2013 17:51 BST
90 Human Warrior
Its not bugged. Just hard for a non healing class. I have done on my warrior.
90 Human Paladin

To be honest I have never thought I should heal those NPCs fighting on my side...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2013 17:50Posted by Sighuman

To be honest I have never thought I should heal those NPCs fighting on my side...

Heal the big starry defender guy, he does more damage at full hp (I think?) I did it as ret and it was quite painful but guildie did it as Holy and that guy kicked their faces or something apparently.
90 Undead Mage

HARD ? i dont have any idea how do last stage with SHA , when i cant heal myself and AOE kills me.i think blizz should nerf this Q.Or tell us how i supposed to heal myself , mayby i use potion and w8 1 minute ? or bandage and w8 another 1 min ?
90 Undead Mage
Hey Bleddyn,
I haven't seen any reports of issues with the scenario so the best thing I can advise is to report it as a bug in-game and we can have it looked into.

no u dont see why ? Alot of ppl dont do this scenario yet . Propably they dont finish other legendary Q and they dont have this Q . Thats why u dont get any reports.

If i know this Q and scenario pi**** off i dont finish last Q. Lost time , gold and 40 trilium bar.
Edited by Onemore on 12/05/2013 04:14 BST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty much all of my guild have done it regardless of class, honestly I don't get it?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Arzashgul/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Nishiva/advanced

Here are our 2 mages, both with the meta. Perhaps their gear is way way better, but I did it as ret with no healing on the add, didn't even know I could :/
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
Pretty sure this quest will have guides and the like sooner or later. Wouldn't surprise me if it's supposed to be really tough given it's for a legendary stuff.
90 Night Elf Priest
BSC
So far I have wasted 3 hours of my scarce time on this scenario. Fail after fail, both in healing spec and dps. Admittedly I am not the best player under the sun, but this seems too tough. I really resent Blizzard wasting my time with this.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Undead Mage
Did it on a frost mage and on a disc priest ... didn't find it difficult at all :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbBKGhwEliM

Me doing it on the mage.. boring video without sound i know.
90 Human Warrior
im really struggling with killing the sha in the last stage with the defender. Anyone thats done it on a human warrior can they give tips and tacts please.

Starting to really stress on this.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I died so many times trying to down the Sha Amalgamation that I had to stone out to get repaired, then couldn't teleport back in to the Thunder Forge. After a while I was kicked from group, not that your really in a group but said I had been removed from party. Such a frustrating, long drawn out battle to kill this beast and now can't get back in to the final stage.

Since found out that you have to start the whole quest again from where you speak to Wrathion to start it. How stupid is that and demoralising to say the least. My gear was down to 1% so how are you supposed to repair if your not able to zone out and back in. Come on Blizz be fair, all that effort to get to the last stage only to have to start again.
Edited by Deathblight on 11/07/2013 01:07 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]