Dos-Ryga

(Locked)

90 Goblin Warlock
Seriously now after the change its freakin insane hard, its good reducing damage and hp to counter certain cheese methods of beating him , BUT his heal is ridiculous now its almost a full hp heal , also the turtle with a shield has a similar problem you gave them an elite passive and forgot to reduce the shell shield , most abilities when this is up now do 40 damage lol

Blizzard do you even test these encounters before live? i like a challenge but this is stupid i cant find a team that can best him yet, although i'm glad you made the daily in three parts so at least i can hand in 2 out of 3.
90 Night Elf Warrior
There has been quite a bit of talk about this one, so I gave it a go myself. And to be honest, I really can't see what the big deal about this one is.
Are you sure, you are countering it probably?

My team was a Gilnean Raven, breed 8 - Peck, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike.
Yellow Moth, breed 4 - Alpha Strike, Cocoon Strike, Moth Dust.
And a random 3rd flying, which I didn't use.

I fought Dos-Ryga twice, won both times with the same tactic. Had no critical strikes on my side (the enemy critted me once on the second go though).
I gotta admit my Moth Dust procced both times though.

My rotation for both fights were the same.
- Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike, Peck until either Nocturnal Strike is back off cool-down or you die.
- Moth Dust, Alpha Strike and Cocoon Strike if there was a whirlpool (it wasn't needed in my case though).

A few things to note about this fish is:
- It got a dragon breath which is strong against Magic, so Magic pets are risky against it.
- Whirlpool is a hard hitting move, but can be avoided with things like Cocoon Strike and such. It's not required, but recommended.
- The heal itself is rather powerful. In my first fight it never got to use it though. In the second fight it used it twice, but the effect was rather reduced with things like Call Darkness.
-- I don't think the heal is too powerful actually. It heals for quite a bit, but it still has the same cool-down. You just need some proper burst, or an ability which reduces healing received.
Edited by Rayzan on 22/05/2013 19:53 BST
90 Pandaren Monk
There has been quite a bit of talk about this one, so I gave it a go myself. And to be honest, I really can't see what the big deal about this one is.

Agreed. I beat all the fable trainers on the first try today. It felt quite easy too.

Clearly players that have problems with the fable creatures are either sticking rigidly to their favourite pets and thus ignore racial advantages, or they need to learn to play.
90 Goblin Warlock
i did it using the roach method but tried 7 different flyers they got squashed in quick time, btw cocoon strike was also nerfed hard it only blocks one attack now , so the whirlpool still hits you ( the boss attack removes cocoon strike now) , this makes me wonder if you have actually done this or you just trolling, i don't need to learn 2 play either , check my ach i did the longest day ach earlier and have been pet battling for a while, the encounters are clearly harder than they should be for dailies tbh , its always one extreme to another with blizzard, this is why i cba doing these dailies any longer.
90 Pandaren Monk
I battled Dos-Ryga again just now. Five battles, five wins.
Setup:
Crow
Gilnean Raven
Chrominius

I had one close call when my attacks missed, but other than that it was boringly easy.

I have that team currently active if you wish to view it.

Good luck!

Edit: I use this same team against Ti'un the wanderer. Change the primary attack to Peck and it always works.
Second Edit: I also got the Longest Day achievement so I'm not talking bull fecal matter either!
Edited by Sweetcreek on 23/05/2013 02:35 BST
90 Night Elf Warrior
23/05/2013 00:37Posted by Nerghal
btw cocoon strike was also nerfed hard it only blocks one attack now , so the whirlpool still hits you ( the boss attack removes cocoon strike now)

Cocoon Strike has always (as far as I remember) worked like that. It still works if you are the slower pet though.

Anyway, like I said in my previous post; I never actually used Cocoon Strike. It was more like a random pick.
In fact, both tries, Dos-Ryga died so fast that my Moth didn't even get damaged.
I may have been lucky, although I did never crit, nor did the enemy's attack ever miss.

Nevertheless, the fish has become harder, I'm not denying that. But this should, in my opinion, be the kind of challenge that is expected from a legendary pet.
I really don't think the fish is too hard though. Like I said in my previous post, I fought the fish twice, and won both times with the two pets mentioned. - It just needs to be countered probably...

I didn't try the turtle yet, but I might give it a go tomorrow if I got time...
Edited by Rayzan on 23/05/2013 02:42 BST
90 Pandaren Monk
I also gave Dos-Ryga a try, and one shotted him. I only have one flying pet at lvl 25 currently, so I improvised... here is what I used:

Legs with Pump, Surge of Power, Whirlpool
Gilnean Raven with Peck, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike
Kun-Lai Runt with Takedown, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze

Start with Legs, whirlpool, pump (charge up), pump (attack), surge of power, legs dies to the fish's whirlpool, Dos Ryga is at around half hp. Bring in Gilnean Raven next, call darkness, nocturnal strike, peck until raven dies, the fish is at fairly low hp at this point. Then Kun-Lai runt to finish the job with frost shock, deep freeze, takedown, fish is dead.
3 Gnome Rogue
dos-ryga is easy - just killed it on my 2nd try with voodoo figurine, clockwork gnome and brilliant kaltiri.

maybe I got lucky though as it hasn't healed itself for some reason :)

oh and btw my 1st attempt failed because I didn't realize they nerfed Predatory Strike :( still finished with it on second go though.
Edited by Krillh on 23/05/2013 07:54 BST
Nearly soloed this guy with my Lil raggy lol, easy finish with second.
26 Gnome Monk
agree with OP, he was a pain and still is ;p

Other issues ive had with him, is the win not registering and therefore, having to fight him again *sob
85 Troll Druid
Why ppl keep on bothering explaining how they killed it. Nobody cares how you killed it.
The problem is that they nerfed his hp down to 50%, nerfed the dmg taken down to 50% BUT they didnt nerfed his healing and thats the main problem here.
Please fix it.
ty
90 Night Elf Hunter
23/05/2013 20:17Posted by Stormskys
agree with OP, he was a pain and still is

I don't have problem dealing damage to him. The problem that his healing does 800+ everytime for me. After his first heal he then just 1-2 shots my pets one after one.
90 Pandaren Monk
Call Darkness or Darkflame takes care of that healing problem for you. Also the ai is kind of stupid and it uses its heal even if its still at full health fairly early, so if you start with like geyser + whirlpool or something, he will use his heal while still at full hp and then you can burst him heavily before he gets it off cd again.
90 Night Elf Warrior
25/05/2013 18:20Posted by Sharpcookie
Why ppl keep on bothering explaining how they killed it. Nobody cares how you killed it.

Because people keep saying "it's so insanely hard", or in some cases even "it's almost impossible", when it clearly isn't.

Explaining how you killed it, backs up the statement of 'it not being that difficult'.

The problem is that they nerfed his hp down to 50%, nerfed the dmg taken down to 50% BUT they didnt nerfed his healing and thats the main problem here.
Please fix it.

The pets were buffed because they were too weak, and way to easy to defeat.
So in other words, the pets are 'fixed' now. - Before, you could just ignore all their abilities and burst them down. Now you actually have to counter their abilities, - which pretty is the challenge in Pet Battling.

The healing is one of Dos-Ryga's abilities. If you ignore that, then you should expect to deal with a hard-healing fish.
Edited by Rayzan on 25/05/2013 20:37 BST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did this today, Dos-Ryga was easy enough with 3 flying pets, the turtle however.....I spent a good 40 mins on that hitting for a whole 12 ('strong') apparently. Then I changed tactic and cheesed him with a beetle apocalypse, whatever works I guess.
90 Undead Death Knight
Ye, am having difficulties with these 2 also, but that's just more because a hit cance of 80% appears to be more likely to translate into 20% hit chance. Hate this enhanced RNG. Just like you don't have any control anymore.
90 Worgen Death Knight
I have a strategy to beat him, but you will require two specific pets of rare quality:

Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling: Squawk, Adrenaline Rush, Flock

Kun-Lai Runt: Takedown, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze

Third pet is your choice.

Strategy I used: Squawk, then Adrenaline Rush, then Flock until pet dies. Pet usually dies when Dos-Ryga is around half health. Bring in Kun-Lai Runt. Frost Shock, then Deep Freeze, both for doubt damage from Flock, then Takedown.

There, one dead fish.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I did this today, Dos-Ryga was easy enough with 3 flying pets, the turtle however.....I spent a good 40 mins on that hitting for a whole 12 ('strong') apparently. Then I changed tactic and cheesed him with a beetle apocalypse, whatever works I guess.

Well, glad to hear you got it down with apocalypse.

To your first tactic:
The turtle is using a Shell Shield. - So multi-hitting attacks are not very effective against it, even if it's Flying attacks.
(Since you said, your attacks only hit for 12 (strong) damage, I'm assuming you are using multi-hitting attacks).
You can still use Flying attacks, but use Flying attacks that do 'one powerful blow'. Anything which is divided into several smaller hits just gets almost fully blocked.

Here is a reply that explains the 'blocking' of Ti'un.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7526842940#3
Edited by Rayzan on 26/05/2013 13:52 BST
90 Night Elf Druid

Other issues ive had with him, is the win not registering and therefore, having to fight him again *sob

Same here. But when I try to report issues I get told "this is not something the devs are aware of."

So....tell them?? :P
MINFERNAL ----- EXPLODE (40% of enemy health for suicide) Solved my problem with this guy

Or you could use any other pet with this ability, minfernal is magic so its risky but it's the only thing I had.. any other pet would be safer:) GL
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]