5.3 - PvP Destro Locks - what to go for?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ellow...

...So, 5.3 is here and all. Thing is, as a pvp-destro lock I have some q's...:

1) What are the stat-priorities now??

There seem to be quite a bit of confusion, even to the "expert" sites.

For instance, icy-veins (http://www.icy-veins.com/destruction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging) gives a different prio than, say, noxxic (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/warlock/destruction/reforging-gear). One might argue that icy-veins is more pve-oriented, but, still, the stat-prio that noxxic (which has a dedicated pvp section for all classes etc) is somewhat lacking to my eyes at least. Haste *last* 2ndary stat now?? Dafaq?!...Even from a few bgs that I played when this patch launched I have the feeling that haste should be at least like 2nd secondary stat!

So, what sites do you trust atm for PvP? And what is the stat-prio we should follow (as destro locks) for 5.3?

2) I gemmed for pure int (red slots) / int + mastery (yellow) / int + hit (blue). I dropped all pure pvp-power / res gems. Is this the way to go or not? Plz comment

3) Any other changes (in spell rotation, or whatever) compared to 5.2 for PvP that we should pay attention to?

4) Do you feel that destro will be the "spec to go for" for rbgs and arenas in 5.3?
Edited by Diamanda on 22/05/2013 15:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
P.S.: Even Ask Mr Robot (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/b5e09d84-2423-431a-96c6-f0f8cda66bf1) "suggests" diff things for me, i.e. mostly reforge OUT of mastery and go for...crit (?!) and in some cases even go for haste...

/confused
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
well i went full mastery, and then haste, altho my gear is litlle messed up since i played only destro before. Anyways I play affli in arena, and it feels pretty good to me. It's goon in 2v2, altho those healer fights takes forever.

In RBG i play as destro, and with high mastery my survival is superb. With GoSac and Soul Link my ember tap heals for 174k, while shadow burwark is on, it heals 234k, and while shadow bulwark and dark regen is on, one ember tap healed for 294k wich is pretty damn lot. And ofc you can do some pretty decent dmg too. (those numbers were without battle fatigue)

there might be better way to gem and reforge, but that's what i liked at first try.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i went for int/mastery/stamina and kinda winging it while capping and seeing how it goes, still pumping out 100k chaos bolts, i like gemming mastery with GoSac
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Check my armory, That's how you should Gem. I'm hitting 160k + Chaos bolts and people tell me my damage is rather nice. My Survival is also great with the PvP power buff. 160K Ember Taps, Imagine having a mastery buff too. It heals around 29.2 % hp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Check my armory, That's how you should Gem. I'm hitting 160k + Chaos bolts and people tell me my damage is rather nice. My Survival is also great with the PvP power buff. 160K Ember Taps, Imagine having a mastery buff too. It heals around 29.2 % hp

Well, my chaos bolt hits anywhere from 200-330k atm (within the spell rotation prio) as I stand tbh (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Diamanda/advanced).

With my buffs / pots (and with the talents I have - see above link) my health sits at a pretty good 561,5k so I doubt I need any more +sta tbh.

I took a look at your armory. I'm not sure that it is optimal in this patch to gem the red slots with anything *but* pure int imho. For the blue ones I think that taking the needed hit (for the cap) form the gems instead of cutting it off from reforges is more efficient.

To cut the long story short, my problem ain't survival in any pvp context. In rbgs / bgs it takes 2+ good geared ppl to kill me. The problem is my 2,77 secs CB, and whether I could do something to hit even harder (with the given gear etc).

As far as haste is concerned, according to "Ask Mr Robot" site:

@ 7,12% haste: Immolate gets +1 tick

@ 8,29% haste: RoF gets +1 tick

@ 21,43% haste: Immolate gets +2 ticks

As I stand right now, I have 8,39% haste. But I dunno if it worths the trouble reaching that 21,43% haste margin, since that means sacrificing (from reforging) mastery + crit... :-/
Edited by Diamanda on 23/05/2013 14:39 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Red: Intel.
Yellow: Intel & Mastery.
Blue: Intel & Hit (see below).
Reforge: Mastery always prior > up to you.

You can reforge pure damage on every item if you use 3 x Intel & Hit gems in the 3 blue sockets that come as standard on gloves, belt, legs, providing you take the "hit version" of the bracers as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]