Latent Kor'Kron items

90 Human Death Knight
Anyone else feel dissapointed?

I used a Latent Kor'Kron chestpiece with the mojo flask, hoping that the 489 gear would at least have a cool model for transmog, but no. It turns out that the Death Knights models are replicas of the Death Knight starting gear, and the gear obtainable in Naxxramas.

Why couldn't they be more unique, considering the grind we have to go through to get the mojo?

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/news=212038/5-3-ptr-transmog-and-vanity-armor

These are the armor sets obtained with the Latent Kor'kron items.
Edited by Acelius on 23/05/2013 14:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Why couldn't they be more unique, considering the grind we have to go through to get the mojo?

The Mojo isn't a grind, you just turned it into one.

T'is but a weekly quest so you can do a little bit here and there and reach the requirements no problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The Mojo isn't a grind

Tbh, i would consider killing ~700~ enemies for quest items a grind. ^^
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin

Or you could, you know, protect some caravans or loot some wagons or kill some champions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Or you could, you know, protect some caravans or loot some wagons or kill some champions.

I did, but i'd still wish they'd put some effort into new items instead of re-using old ones from 5 years ago.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
I did, but i'd still wish they'd put some effort into new items instead of re-using old ones from 5 years ago.

It's probably worth keeping in mind that many Death Knights got rid of their original items prior to transmogrification being introduced, and then wished they hadn't throw them away once transmogrification was added. And for them, this is probably a nice opportunity to get some of the "original" Death Knight armor again.

Just like for other classes, I think the models used are the old dungeon sets, which also used to be impossible to acquire unless you had already stored them.

So a smart way to reintroduce some of the old, unobtainable armor models that players have requested.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Shaman
22/05/2013 17:12Posted by Acelius

This is purely subjective, but I'm glad the current art teams haven't gotten their grubby hands on the Latent items. I haven't seen them though, but I much prefer a lot of the older works as opposed to some of the newer stuff. I never know, they might surprise me yet.

Now if you'd excuse me, it's time to look at the Shaman set from Naxxramas. In the unlikely event it replaces the Earthfury, I shall return to say "woo".
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's probably worth keeping in mind that many Death Knights got rid of their original items prior to transmogrification being introduced

The thing is, the model here is still available from Naxxramas (For every plate wearer) and every death knight can buy it at Ebon Hold.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
22/05/2013 17:21Posted by Acelius
It's probably worth keeping in mind that many Death Knights got rid of their original items prior to transmogrification being introduced

The thing is, the model here is still available from Naxxramas (For every plate wearer) and every death knight can buy it at Ebon Hold.

Not to mention they can just buy back all of their original starting gear at their starting area (that flying Naxx lookalike...can't recall the name at the moment.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
22/05/2013 16:54Posted by Acelius
The Mojo isn't a grind

Reroll druid tbh, you don't need to kill a single mob.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
nvm :)
Edited by Turtleshell on 22/05/2013 20:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Just like for other classes, I think the models used are the old dungeon sets, which also used to be impossible to acquire unless you had already stored them.So a smart way to reintroduce some of the old, unobtainable armor models that players have requested.

This death knight set was actually only avaible from Naxxramas, with the exception of the boots, wich are new (yay). The ordinairy blue-black version of the death knight set has been avaible from a vendor since end Cata. As for the dungeon sets.. they were already introduced at the darkmoon fair, again end Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
@Acelius

how about you read patch notes that is post on wowhead that will tell you what you get

http://www.wowhead.com/news=212498/wowheads-patch-5-3-guide
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
how about you read patch notes that is post on wowhead that will tell you what you get

http://www.wowhead.com/news=212498/wowheads-patch-5-3-guide

Can't seem to find the items in the notes.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the link. Still think it's incredibly lazy by Blizz to just re-use old (and still obtainable) gear for DKs.
Edited by Acelius on 22/05/2013 22:22 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
[quote].... and then wished they hadn't throw them away once transmogrification was added. And for them, this is probably a nice opportunity to get some of the "original" Death Knight armor again.

Dumb
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
22/05/2013 17:32Posted by Nyran

Reroll druid tbh, you don't need to kill a single mob.

'cept it will take you more than a week to collect all that crap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
did it in less than one hour, have surplus of all four for next week.....flying group of people went round killign commanders, simples
tag to faction remember
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
did it in less than one hour, have surplus of all four for next week.....flying group of people went round killign commanders, simples
tag to faction remember

It seems like people are missing the point. It isn't about aquiring the items, it is about Blizzard giving us gear models that have been in the game since Wrath. How about some bang for our buck?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
EDIT: Nevermind, found the link. Still think it's incredibly lazy by Blizz to just re-use old (and still obtainable) gear for DKs.

As I said, I wouldn't complain if I were you. The boots of your set weren't in the game before this patch, unlike those of the other sets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

How about some bang for our buck?

you said you wanted more for the grind you have to do......

well it isnt a grind, its easy, its simple and its supposed to be something you do over a week while doing other quests, sort of like a bonus.....
so really why bother with new models.......
plus just transmog em if it bothers you that much
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]