Roleplaying Pregnancy

90 Night Elf Mage
Indeed. I specifically had the, ah, sheep intestine, in mind there.

"Hold on dear, before we do this..let me slice this sheep open first."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTN5o9Kgu8
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Now that I think of it..this sounds like how orcs use contraception!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Indeed. I specifically had the, ah, sheep intestine, in mind there.

The good old days.

Now that I think of it..this sounds like how orcs use contraception!

No self-respecting Orc would do such a thing! Besides, Orcs only mate with their mate.
Edited by Naeveliran on 28/05/2013 18:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Only in Gilneas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
No self-respecting Orc would do such a thing! Besides, Orcs only mate with their mate.

A pregnant orcess is a fierce beast! Sometimes an orc needs a break.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
28/05/2013 19:00Posted by Pirris
orcess

No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
nine months. my ic mum did it that way and it was fun. if you don;t have the time for a nine month realistic pregnacy don;t bother having a pregnacy. it's annoying to see these babys go 0 to like 5 in one year.

Personally, I really can't see the appeal in it all. Considering how the world is subject to chaos and war and all that kind of thing...

"I should just sit back and wait for a kid."
/logic
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If anything, the numbers of birth in real world history tends to go UP during times of war. So, it's quite that far fetched.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I thought it was after wars, like with the baby boom of the fifties and sixties.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
After and during wars for... Less honorable reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
stop having babies you horrible sods
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
75266760727:
Depends on the size of the race. Night elves are larger than humans so their pregnancies would likely be slightly longer - probably not significantly so, but maybe a week to a month longer, so 10 months max. A tauren might take 11 to 12 months, whereas a gnome would probably be pregnant for a comparably short time: maybe as low as 4 months. Blood elves/high elves, orcs and other races with a size comparable to a human would safely land within the 9 month area.

Well it have been developed in the "server lore of NE" that they follow the normal human pregnancy time line actually. The pregnancy last for 9 moth and during the child's upbringing they grow in the same rate as humans until the hit puberty. Then their age progress slows down. A NE are considered to be a young adult 17 - 18 ( in human years ) When they are around 250 - 300 years. ( NE years).

Most races who have a very tribe like society and live closer to the "nature" could probably have a shorter pregnancy. This due to the fact they need their children to grow up faster. You can also look at the life spawn of a race to consider the pregnancy length.

Trolls who are seen as very old when they around 50 years would therefore be pregnant around 5 - 6 month. They also have their re generation ability who could have a slight influence in the pregnancy progress.

If you decide to play pregnant there are some things you can think about to make it go faster. First of all its not likely at all that you know you are pregnant day 1. Very few women do in RL. Most finds out between 1 - 2 month but it is possible to be pregnant and not knowing it for at least 3 month without having any signs. This would allow you to shorten the ic time a lot. Also know that not all woman get sick or need to puke up or have cravings, that's something you see on the movies.

If you want to play pregnant there are some things you should think about. You do limit your role play a lot. yes you probl get attention and support ic from a family or mate but it would be very un realistic to go out and do any battles if you are not a warrior race who do this in your normal day to day life.
You also have to decide what to do with the child later on, it will be around you a lot and you have to e mote this.
Bare in mind that Kaldorei raise their children in a collective society and it might be easier to share the parenting with other players around you or fiction characters.

Another aspect is the fact what happens in this game go so fast. During 3 month a character can have experienced what would be a life time of events. This makes a small crash to the fact we try to rp in some way realistic. The other problem Is the fact there are no "small" players. We can only create ton's that are adult. If you choose to role play someone's child you have to start as a young adult. Or you chose to role play in a closed setting where it have no effect on other players around you then the selective group you wish to form your family bound with.
Edited by Cascabel on 29/05/2013 07:08 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
75550055561:
Bare in mind that Kaldorei raise their children in a collective society and it might be easier to share the parenting with other players around you or fiction characters.

That might be true for other tribal societies too, I think - at least the mutual help with taking care of a kid and anything else.
Reply Quote
75266161435:
orcess

Stop it :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm an elfess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Elfette. Get it right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
75550055561:
server lore

No.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
75550055561:
Well it have been developed in the "server lore of NE"

Fanfiction hoooooooooooooooooooo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
75595555992:
75550055561:
Well it have been developed in the "server lore of NE"

Fanfiction hoooooooooooooooooooo

Kiss me! Kiss me now like I've never been kissed before!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]