Gamon

90 Tauren Hunter
Why Korkron wants to take him?He always sitting in inn and drink beer.And sometimes he kills or dies.Why Korkron want to take him?Will he be a boss or a NPC like Tirion in ICC and Thrall in DS?
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Not sure if troll or serious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Nope, he's being serious. Currently, Gamon has been surrounded outside the inn in Orgrimmar, facing off against five or six Kor'kron overseers. No longer are we able to kill him, either! Spread the word! Free Gamon!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
poor Gamon, i he used to give me a few coppers to beat the hell out of people who killed him
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Probably a boss, but indipendent from Garrosh.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Or just an easter egg? c´mon people.
Reply Quote
Gamon! Even if the Kor'kron get you I will make my Horde alt form the "Gamon Rescue Squad". You will be free friend!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Hopefully he'll be a boss or will die horribly in the Siege of Orgrimmar. It's pretty scary how he's had more development and attention given to him over the last few years than some of the playable races/major lore figures. He was mildly amusing at first, but a joke tends to get stale pretty fast when it is beaten like a dead horse and then allowed to stagnate.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Saying he'll be a boss or of any significance in a serious story-related raid is just really dumb.

In that case you might aswell say that the snake vendor will deal the final blow to Garrosh.
Reply Quote
The snake vendor will call down all his snakes and he alone with all his snake powers will destroy several battalions of Kor'kron.

Then Gamon will become the Commander and Protector of the Rebels inside Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Blizzard will hopefully not develope any further on Gamon.

He is nothing but a joke created by players, and should stay that way.

Just like the former Jaina + Thrall created rumor.
Reply Quote
Actually... Gamon was formerly a quest NPC for the rogues to pickpocket.

He's a "joke" created by Blizzard, not the players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Saying he'll be a boss or of any significance in a serious story-related raid is just really dumb.

In that case you might aswell say that the snake vendor will deal the final blow to Garrosh.

...and yet most of Uldum was driven by a reference to Indiana Jones and Redridge was effectively a giant homage to Rambo. I'm hoping we won't see things end up like that ever again, though it's difficult to rule it out completely.
Edited by Solbranthius on 28/05/2013 14:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Hopefully he'll be a boss or will die horribly in the Siege of Orgrimmar. It's pretty scary how he's had more development and attention given to him over the last few years than some of the playable races/major lore figures. He was mildly amusing at first, but a joke tends to get stale pretty fast when it is beaten like a dead horse and then allowed to stagnate.

Is there any thread you people won't whine in? This wasn't a whine thread, it was to discuss Gamon's lore. And you drag your petty complaints in here too? Isn't there enough threads for that?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gamon - The hero Orgrimmar deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Really, I'd put Gamon's stand-off with the Kor'kron guards down to Blizzard having a bit of fun with the joke that we are all in on by this point. That being that because he has been murdered and robbed by thousands upon thousands of times by countless people, across a multitude of universes, Gamon can be considered somewhat of an alienated and ostracised denizen of Orgrimmar, despite dwelling in the bustling heart of the city for nearly a decade and never actually instigating any trouble himself (heck, he even tries to save the people of Orgrimmar when fledgling death knights arrive in the city unexpectedly!).
Those Kor'kron surrounding him are symbolic of the players and how they have bullied that brave bull over the years.

At least Blizzard have given him some respect in demonstrating that not even ~6 Kor'kron elite feel confident enough that they can take Gamon down as a group. He's not one to be trifled with (for now...).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Is there any thread you people won't whine in? This wasn't a whine thread, it was to discuss Gamon's lore. And you drag your petty complaints in here too? Isn't there enough threads for that?

He merely stated that he wanted Gamon to either be a boss, or to die, and then he stated his reasons. Perfectly fitting with the thread's topic, which is amongst other things discussing whether he'll be a boss or not in the Siege of Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't think Gamon will die because it's a dear symbol for all the Horde players now, especially the ones who started to play in Vanilla/TBC.

He survived the destruction of the old Orgrimmar (and became very powerful as well), so why shouldn't he survive the Siege?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Free Gamon! FOR THE REBELLION!

In my opinion Gamon could be an really awesome character if fleshed out correctly, the world of Warcraft community have come to love Gamon over the past years so i doubt very much that he will die in the siege. I would love for his character to get a more interesting story maybe Baine promotes him? to commander or something? and he leads the siege for the Bloodhoof Tauren from inside Orgrimmar??

Theses ideas are completely speculation and theory crafting! ^^^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Gamon is Orgrimmar's version of Norm from cheers. He has no money but always spends every waking moment in the bar as its best customer. (Too bad he always got beaten up by us hordies)

it'd be great to see him beat up some Kor'kron in 5.4.

Don't mess with Gamon!
Reply Quote
he is Barney from the simpsons
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]