What to do with honor and conquest points now?

As the topic says, what should I do with honor and conquest points now that pve gear is much more a better choice than pvp gear in battlegrounds?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You are wrong, it isn't. Only exception is trinks but for certain specs in case they prefer burst over sustained and that by minimal difference.

In every other scenario PvP gear is better than PvE (for instanced pvp areas)
Edited by Zultajie on 27/05/2013 22:47 BST
Reply Quote
What Zultajie said. Even if there's a bit of a debate right now about which is actually better, the stated intention is for PvP gear to be better in instanced PvP. So it might well get adjusted when they have some data to play around with. I think what I mean is... if there's a grey area right now about which is best, the intention is clear - i'd hope/expect that they'll move some dials to readjust things if PvE gear is shown to be better.

Honor is a weird one, though. They reduced the stats on Malevolent gear (and consequently its item level) in 5.2 but gave it a corresponding increase in PvP Power and Resilience to compensate so overall it was just as good as it was in 5.1.

It's only in such a bad place right now because in 5.3 they obviously nerfed Resi and PvP Power but didn't make any corresponding increase to base stats and therefore iLevel, which has left it pretty underweight overall. As I said, you'd hope this would get corrected, coz I can't believe they would be entirely happy with things as they stand.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
75266559024:
You are wrong, it isn't. Only exception is trinks but for certain specs in case they prefer burst over sustained and that by minimal difference.

In every other scenario PvP gear is better than PvE (for instanced pvp areas)

Nah trust me I'm hurting pvp geared players to the point that they only focus me(hunts me down you know the type) from that moment on, they can't seem to kill me and if I'm in group they pretty much never kill me(in fact killed a full pvp warlock yesterday).
Now saying that I'm a fresh 90 as of a few days old in very poor gear and just started my justice gear, when I become full gear later this year I could pull some nice numbers.
Edited by Kungfukick on 29/05/2013 23:47 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
75264958563:
stated intention is for PvP gear to be bette

Yea cause what blizz states is always correct, or???
Reply Quote
The vendors outside of alterac mountains sell some nice tabards :)
Still conquest gear will probably be better than most pve gear, but raid finder gear seems to be better than honor gear.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Priest
you should stop listening to random kids on the internet is what you should do

75589457661:
Nah trust me I'm hurting pvp geared players to the point that they only focus me(hunts me down you know the type) from that moment on, they can't seem to kill me and if I'm in group they pretty much never kill me(in fact killed a full pvp warlock yesterday).
Now saying that I'm a fresh 90 as of a few days old in very poor gear and just started my justice gear, when I become full gear later this year I could pull some nice numbers.

stuff like this, imagine when he gets GLYPHS, he'll be so OP
Edited by Holycleavage on 30/05/2013 14:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
75264958437:
As the topic says, what should I do with honor and conquest points now that pve gear is much more a better choice than pvp gear in battlegrounds?

answer:

like the bleu people told me: nothing .... their isnt anything you can do with it.
i wondered the same thing as you ... buy elite gear ... but for what, same stats and !@#$ ....
get items (pvp or pve) for selling them .... got gold enough ...
so easy option .... quit the game , you played it out ....
end of story (if you dont like pve ofc)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]