Titan Runestones

90 Human Warrior
So the cloak is a 65 Ilevel upgrade and it has anything any class could ever want.

My problem is that I have had 3/12 Runestones for the last 5 weeks.

I find it hard to believe that I'm probably going to have to plan around getting my cloak some time next expansion. Is it really neccesary to have these things so extremely dependent on personal rng...?
The disparity from player to player (12/12 clear since week 1 still waiting for their last 5 Secrets of the Empire in comparison to a random LFRaider who had to wait 2 weeks from finishing Runestones until patch to get their cloak) is just too great.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I've been sitting at 0/20 for two weeks. The cloak is years away.

Not really complaining though, since meanwhile I got some crazy luck from raiding, 3 drops in the last ID, all three best in slot and one of which (the staff) was thunderforged, and I rolled a 98 on our very first heroic loot this week (the only item on the boss's loot table that was best in slot, too)
Edited by Nandchan on 30/05/2013 06:01 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I get more runestones from LFR than proper raids. And this superstition has started to make me do r LFRs before 'real' raid and AFAIK I have most of those in my raid team while I got my meta gem as one of the last.

I know it's just a feeling, not a fact and i call it superstition for a reason, but ... this personal RNG can kindly f-off. Give us proper quests - QUESTS instead of this collect 1000 sh** from random RNG-way.

They could have just take some brawlers bosses and make them singular trial-quests based on your class/spec or whatever - would beat that random RNG in ToT-Twice (really double collecting from same instance is ... like .. wtf)

While I have been crossing fingers for my cloak-last-runestne for this week, I truly laothe all those 'collect' portions of the quests.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
1 runestone still :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
5/12 still 3 chances this week. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Same situation here. 3 in 5 weeks. It's also kind of annoying that we are running several heroics and don't even have a better chance to receive them than people running LFR.

My suggestion (after discussing this with guildies), would be to make it a guaranteed drop from Lei Shen normal/hc at the very least, so then maybe it will take less than 12 weeks, rather than this quite silly personal rng. It's one of the things really annoying me about raiding atm. We have two guildies on 11/12 for two weeks now, with no luck getting that final one for a fortnight, which is kind of stupid too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Cloak next week for hunter this old main does every runestone still only 4/12... 3 bosses elft this week. My hunter 10/12 > easy next week unles smy luck of 2/3 a week (not counting lei shen) suddenly changes....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
RNG is a !@#$%, especially when theres a theoretical risk that you wont ever complete legendary objectives due to bad luck.

The problem imo is that you either get 1 or 0 from each boss. so theres a risk to have 0 when 5.4 hits.

i remember one part of the legendary rogue quest in dragon soul.
you had to get 333 shadowy gems.
each boss had a guarenteed drop of a cluster that contained 4-9 shadowy gems.
so there was still RNG, but no matter how ^-*! luck you had, you knew that youd get it sooner or later.
this works better than this "all or nothing" loot chance.

im at 6/12 runestones, so i guess my luck is medium, but i feel your pain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
5/12, been going for like 4-5 weeks. Still got 3 bosses left that can drop tho.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Got 2 runestones. 2 weeks in a row now with 0 drops. I dont even wanna think of how long its gonna take. Then I see people who get 3 a week and already have the cape. I agree that at least give 1 guaranteed drop a week from lei shen. Otherwise the rng will screw over a lot of people.
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
17/20 Secrets still.

Over the last 3 weeks I've collected 2. Full clearing LFR.

I'm in a casual raid group, we haven't cleared normal yet, so I feel compelled to run LFR to get a chance at the bosses we haven't downed. I hate LFR, it's stupidly easy and just boring.

I honestly wish the quest items could only drop from normal, then I wouldn't feel compelled to submit myself to the tedium of LFR. The rewards are to great to ignore though; if they were totally out lf my reach I'd be fine with that.

Then once I have them, I get to do it again for the runestones. RNG is a crappy way of gating this, I'd rather it was a higher number but a guaranteed drop. Or maybe have a skill check, a questline like the warlock's Kanrethad or something.

Furthermore, as poined out there's a very real chance that players who raid normal wont have finished the quest by the time 5.4 comes out.

So they'll be pretty much forced into running LFR, which is something Blizzard said they wanted to avoid (hence LFR and normal bosses sharing the drop chance, so raiders wouldn't feel like they had to run LFR).
Edited by Mortistone on 30/05/2013 10:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
RNG like this has no place in this game. They should've come up with a more interesting quest line.

"Great, you got 20 secrets!"
"Now go collect 12 runestones (which are basically secrets but drop from less bosses LOL)!"

This is, how do you say it, really 'legendary'.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
1/12 Runestones in 3 seeks. well this is fun.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Got the same problem here. Im stuck at 3/12 runestone and haven't gotten any for 4 weeks now. The first week when i picked up the quest i got one. Then another 2 the week after that. But since then i haven't seen a single one. I don't really get it why Blizzard don't implement some kinda "fail safe mechanism". Like they increase your dropchance by a tiny precent every week that you don't get a runestone. With todays droprate you could be done with the quest in 2 weeks if you get really lucky (althought i doubt that anyone ever would be that lucky) and at the same time people are starting to plan around not getting the cloak until 5.4 or at least a few weeks into the next patch.

The first 20 secrets was RNG enough. They should add more skilltest/reward quests in the line of the warlock green fire quest or brawlers kinda bosses. Make them hard but not impossible. Yes people will most likely scream for nerfs after the first week. But at least they can improve their own character or performance in their own pace and know that when they finally defeat the boss they "deserve" the rewards. The only feeling you get now is "yay i was lucky.." Which IMO is stupid if the quest is meant to be a legendary chain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
75600457225:
RNG like this has no place in this game. They should've come up with a more interesting quest line.

"Great, you got 20 secrets!"
"Now go collect 12 runestones (which are basically secrets but drop from less bosses LOL)!"

This is, how do you say it, really 'legendary'.

RNG is the way legendaries have worked since vanilla sweetheart.
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
75594257213:

Perhaps they shouldn't. And to be fair, not all have.

Look at the Dragonwrath questline: You might get a different number of cinders, but at least you'd get few per kill. Much better system.

Also, condescending tone much? Not that it matters, your probably speaking to a bloke anyway.
Edited by Mortistone on 30/05/2013 11:28 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They went too far with the damn RNG quests in this tier. First you have 20 secrets, then you have 12 runes which drop only from second half of the instance, making it 24 effectively. And the drop chance is so low that player's personal progress in normal barely even matters, as there were LFR-only raiders that had 15 secrets when Lei Shen finally became available there, and on the other hand there were HC guild members who killed normal Lei Shen on week one. LFR wasn't even available then. And how many secrets they have? Five... This is a design flaw.

In my opinion the secrets quest should require 50-100 secrets but at 100% drop rate. No RNG. Better guilds kill more bosses earlier = they get access to this upgrade sooner. LFR people get access to bosses unlocked progressively, they also get realistic timeframe of obtaining the gem. Makes sense eh?

I don't mind long quests, or any tasks that take some time to complete. I was fine with 6000 valor quest. Or 10,000 bone mount from Isle of Giants. Or hitting second gold cap. I FELT the damn progress, every killed mob is a tiny bit toward my mount, every sold auction is a tiny bit toward my goldcap. Progress. With this POS RNG you can't feel progress when you clear 12/12 and come out with 0 or 1 secret. Next week you come out with 4 but you aren't happy either, as next clear can give you none just as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
75591457026:
75594257213:

Perhaps they shouldn't. And to be fair, not all have.

Look at the Dragonwrath questline: You might get a different number of cinders, but at least you'd get few per kill. Much better system.

Also, condescending tone much? Not that it matters, your probably speaking to a bloke anyway.

The 2 legendaries in Cata were the only that didn't have RNG involved.

OT: Just got my 11th. Maybe Ra-den......
Edited by Razecôg on 30/05/2013 12:13 BST
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
75594857257:
The 2 legendaries in Cata were the only that didn't have RNG involved.

And I'd hoped that was the system they were going to continue with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This low drop rate of runestone is a tool for blizzard to keep people subed cause summer is coming and i seriusly doubt 5.4 will land before late august early september - i wouldnt be surprised if they actually lowered the drop rates when they saw how many people unsubbed in last few months to keep the remaining ones subbed with the goal of 600 itlv cloak.

Other thing there is no reason for the droprate of those being big since its a frikin 600 itlv gear piece - why should it be obtainable fast. (and by fast i mean in couple of weeks)

And my personal thought about this - blizzard clearly wanted to move out legendaries from being only obtainable by normal/HC raiders - instead they implemented model where when u grind for few months ull eventually get personal bonuses in multiple forms - aka 5.0 gem , 5.1 extra socket 5.2 meta gem 5.3 cloak and ifnally 5.4 will come orange weapon - if u are a good subbed player who sticks to game ull eventually obtain it - no matter what lv u play on time wil show which model is better - but ill tell u that so called "causals" love it how it is in mop cause they have a style of personal progress.

And once more - pls dont whine how bad rng is - in previous expansions u had to raid and watch only 1 class in your raid even being eligible for legendaries - not your whole team will eventually get them - maybe it will take a bit longer - but now its 10/25 people geting such upgrades not only single class .
Edited by Lilíith on 30/05/2013 13:19 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]