BM hunters are ruining "casuals" PvP experience.

90 Human Warrior

I sure hope so, anyway. I'm completely new to the hunter class and have absolutely no idea of what I'm doing, yet I managed getting 1750 in 3v3 today, with our MMR being much higher than that. 1750 isn't a biggie obviously but it does tell you something when I myself can admit that I don't know what I'm doing and still somewhat succeed.

You're really proud of that 1750, arent you? :s

A friend of mine got 2k achievement on his mw monk the very first time he played arena. Must be op! And no, he didnt play with a hunter (mw+ele+affli).

...? I'm merely backing up my claims that hunters are overpowered and ridiculously easy to play by mentioning it. Why would I be proud of it while clearly mentioning that it's actually awful me getting there when I'm so awful it's hilarious at hunter? The word "proud" just doesn't fit in when a person is trashtalking himself you know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
And no, he didnt play with a hunter

oh nice that's really impressi-

ele

oh

So having, according to this forum, 1 viable class out of 3, makes the comp op?

...? I'm merely backing up my claims that hunters are overpowered and ridiculously easy to play by mentioning it. Why would I be proud of it while clearly mentioning that it's actually awful me getting there when I'm so awful it's hilarious at hunter? The word "proud" just doesn't fit in when a person is trashtalking himself you know.

Thou shall not read between the enemy lines!
Edited by Tripster on 06/06/2013 22:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

I am guessing you havent seen the hunter vid where he uses a 1 button macro to 2,4? 1 button on his entire bar, he doesnt even use scatter+trap. And you call them equally hard...
I'm sorry but no, so far the only thing i see hunters do in arena is to scatter trap on healer and blow cd's. Doesnt have to be a brainiac to land a trap (yeah, i know about grounding and MD) i actually saw a hunter use silencing shot on our priest to prevent MD. I see backpeddling hunters at 2,2

You seem to be unable to comprehend my post. What you just explained is the skill FLOOR. One definition of that would be: 'How good is the class with minimal effort'. And hunters are very good with little effort (and that is indeed crap) but the same can be said about a lot of classes, especially elementalist shamans such as yourself.

If the skill floor is 2.4k then there is a lot of the community doing something wrong, no?

Where did 2.4k come from? You will not get there by sucking at hunter.

Errr.... Yeah.

But yeah you're totes right, at the moment hunters are very easy to play and hard to master.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to need to master them to perform "very well" in terms of ratings ( ps if you say that getting to 2.2k is rubbish, it may be lower than X person but it's still "up there" as in much higher than the average person )
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's actually really disgusting how easy it is to pull off big damage as a hunter, you basically just need to get a trinket procc and use your on use trinket and viola you're ready to crit 160k with powershot with a 90k kill command landing the same global. That combined with the absolutely disgusting amount of instant cc hunters have just makes them flat out broken.

Not to mention how disgustingly easy it is to play one.

This is hilarious coming from an Arms Warrior, they're nearly as braindead as Frost DK's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

easy? LOL ye right try 1 urself b4 u talk m8. i got to the big rating 1747 today on me hunter n boy ill tell u 1 thing: first time i play hunter and it was damn hard, hell i even got the mercilessly dedicated achievement like the game before we got to 1750. 100 games to get 1750 first time on the class??? bet warriors don't even need 10 LOL.

ur not 1 to talk m8.

You must be a insanely horrible player, wow. this is a HUGE(!) l2p issue on your part, cant !@#$ing hit 2k+ as a bm hunter... what a %^-*ing joke

well i'm a 2.2k hunter in 3s this season, however i beat a lot of bm hunters as marksman. I even deal more dmg then them. At the end between the hunters it's down to skill. However the dmg is just way too sustained, needs to be tuned down. If so the cc isn't needed to be nerfed as they alrdy nerfed pet cc
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's actually really disgusting how easy it is to pull off big damage as a hunter, you basically just need to get a trinket procc and use your on use trinket and viola you're ready to crit 160k with powershot with a 90k kill command landing the same global. That combined with the absolutely disgusting amount of instant cc hunters have just makes them flat out broken.

This is hilarious coming from an Arms Warrior, they're nearly as braindead as Frost DK's.

Why is it hilarious? Not like I've ever denied warriors being easy, so I don't see your point. Not to mention I play more classes. And it's not like warriors are overpowered either. However they're nowhere near the braindeadness of frost dks and hunters.
Edited by Ayano on 06/06/2013 23:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

because fire mages are so hard, right?
Reply Quote
100 games to get 1750 first time on the class??? bet warriors don't even need 10 LOL.

Nah, we need around 7 games to get to 1750, and 10 to get to 1.950. By the time you do 100 arenas with warrior, you're already Arena Master.
Reply Quote
Community
Hunters in general are very strong at the moment yes, but the high number of priest/hunter comps out there in 2v2 can also make them seem a bit stronger than what they actually are, it’s important to look at the overall picture, sometimes a class might seem too strong but when put in a different comp it might look just fine, it’s important to understand that this is a particularly strong synergetic combination that provides amazing crowd control (scatter, trap, fear, mind control, pet fear, web wrap, silencing shot, tendrils).
Anyway rest assured that devs are on to it, Stampede and Blink Strikes are being looked at, and you can probably expect some hotfixes on those two abilities very soon.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Death Knight
Holinka also mentioned looking at readiness, just saying because people will start screaming about whether those abilities are the right ones to look at.
Edited by Vengerz on 07/06/2013 17:29 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They dont seem strong because you run into them so much, you run into them because they are too strong.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Crap...now I have to find a priest and rush 2.2 in 2s :|
For shiny achievement points

Just remove stampede, lower aspect of iron hawk to 20%, but give us back 30sec web while making it dr with scatter or trap
Edited by Tripster on 07/06/2013 17:46 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/06/2013 17:54Posted by Djsnoopdoggx

easy? LOL ye right try 1 urself b4 u talk m8. i got to the big rating 1747 today on me hunter n boy ill tell u 1 thing: first time i play hunter and it was damn hard, hell i even got the mercilessly dedicated achievement like the game before we got to 1750. 100 games to get 1750 first time on the class??? bet warriors don't even need 10 LOL.

ur not 1 to talk m8.

It's not very healthy talking to yourself m8
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Hunters in general are very strong at the moment yes, but the high number of priest/hunter comps out there in 2v2 can also make them seem a bit stronger than what they actually are, it’s important to look at the overall picture, sometimes a class might seem too strong but when put in a different comp it might look just fine, it’s important to understand that this is a particularly strong synergetic combination that provides amazing crowd control (scatter, trap, fear, mind control, pet fear, web wrap, silencing shot, tendrils).
Anyway rest assured that devs are on to it, Stampede and Blink Strikes are being looked at, and you can probably expect some hotfixes on those two abilities very soon.

What about Bestial wrath?

1min trinket, resetable by readiness, removes any CC including cyclone, doesn't mention anywhere in the tooltip that it removes CC from the player.. BW is the biggest problem with BM hunters.

We don't need extra trinkets.
Edited by Tublat on 07/06/2013 18:01 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Just wanna put this out there. But im close to quitting my hunter, due to the fact that I can barely recognise the class. Every spec is getting homogenized more and more, to the point where the spells that defined hunters are now being nerfed and destroyed due to the imbalance that homogenization is creating.

Readiness is a great example of this, it wasnt a BM spell but now it is, as a result BW is suffering the unjust nerfbat. Yes I understand that hunters are strong, but for god sake, the talent trees are all the same.

Its been a dream of mine to have 3 cool hunter specs:

Survival - Melee
BM - Heavy pet focused
Marks - petless sniper class

Thats a very vague description but you get the jist.

The only thing keeping me attatched to my character is the fact that ive had him since BC, hes my 1 and only main. If something like Demon Hunters come out, I doubt ill still be playing this.

Regardless im expecting big nerfs and bandaids, because the community is so adept at whining.
Reply Quote
Just remove stampede, lower aspect of iron hawk to 20%, but give us back 30sec web while making it dr with scatter or trap

The thing with ironhawk would hurt MM more then BM, and MM dosent need nerfs.

What about Bestial wrath?

1min trinket, resetable by readiness, removes any CC including cyclone, doesn't mention anywhere in the tooltip that it removes CC from the player.. BW is the biggest problem with BM hunters.

Think it was holinka who said they did not wana touch this spell because its a "iconic" spell for BM hunters.

The thing is, either blizzard break BM hunters for pve or they make pvp a change so that some spells acts differently in pvp then in pve. Either way its going to be intresting to see how blizzard solves this, cus theres no one in their right mind who can say BM isnt a retarded specc. However theres alot of other speccs aswell thats is just as retarded that also needs fixing, regardless 5.4 is going to be an intresting patch. In a overall perspective, the thing about hunters that needs a nerf is their on demand dmg/burst. In my opinion atleast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
People need to learn how to counter each of every class before whining on the forums for a nerf, just l2p really..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
People need to learn how to counter each of every class before whining on the forums for a nerf, just l2p really..

Im sure hunters got a lot of counters at 1.6k rating..

Maybe its time to resub then..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Would you mind explaining, how do I counter a hunter?
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 21:40Posted by Easydragon

Would you mind explaining, how do I counter a hunter?

1. Run
2. Get out of combat
3. Hearthstone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]