Hunter nerfs probably inc wednesday

90 Goblin Hunter
Not sure why people complain, hunters are already pretty weak as a pure DPS clasd (PvE at least) and this will only make them weaker.

Also removing the usage of abilities from stampeding pets is also bad. Not only will they provide less damage but also won't be able to give buffs for solo'ing and PvE / PvP situations.

It was in fact the only reason I had 5 different buffing pets to maximise damage output on the already extremely weak PURE DPS class.

GG
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Not sure why people complain, hunters are already pretty weak as a pure DPS clasd (PvE at least) and this will only make them weaker.

They buffed arcane shot by 15%.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Can i has more heals please?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Why couldn't you have nerfed the freaking CC instead of buffing their damage then?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Stampede needs a complete redesign for 5.4 then, even if it becomes a new ability... BM obviously needs nerfs but I hope this stampede change is just a temporary hotfix since it basically disabled the entire ability...

MM doesnt need dmg buffs.

All they need to do is fix/tweak aimed shot mechanics (careful aim and master marksman RNG stacking) and/or maybe give aimed shot back its old MS debuff to make up for the high cast time and focus cost while only doing mediocre damage, especially now with the arcane shot buff it's even less viable to cast in arenas...
Edited by Recce on 11/06/2013 09:19 BST
Reply Quote
Community
11/06/2013 08:17Posted by Ayano
So we asked for hunter nerfs since their damage is ridiculously overpowered and instead they're pretty much getting buffed? Not sure if I'm catching your drift.
The damage gained from the buffs you can receive from using Stampede is no longer possible, which lowers Hunter damage. The pets summoned by Stampede can no longer bite/claw/nibble/tickle, they can only use auto-attacks, lowering damage during Stampede. Blink Strikes now has a 20 second cooldown making the pet easier to peel instead of them blinking all over the Arena to their target. These are all nerfs which are heavily targeted at pets which mainly effects Beast Mastery Hunters.

In regards to the "triple trinket" that BM hunters have; we have no plans to remove Bestial Wrath from Readiness at this time. Please continue to present your feedback on these changes though as we're always interested to hear your opinions on them.
Edited by Nakatoir on 11/06/2013 09:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Good job making stampede useless! Also u can do a change when we using stampede to cancel out our shots! This way warriors and all these classes that whining about hunter's damage will be very happy!
Edited by Artemia on 11/06/2013 09:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
we have no plans to remove Bestial Wrath from Readiness at this time

well that just sucks! cant believe u arent going to fix that..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
[quote]Not only are there these changes, but there is still more to come in patch 5.4. We cannot go into details on these for the moment, but keep an eye out for them on the blog ;)

So you are suggesting that with patch 5.4 (in theory the LAST patch of MoP) we can see more balance changes that will actually try to balance PvP.

It is maybe a little late? How about that next time we don't have to wait always a full patch for a class to get balanced. Like the case of warriors, mages, rogues and hunters in this expansion... but obviously when it comes to hybrid classes the nerfbat can always beat us to death every patch continuously...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/06/2013 09:16Posted by Purple

They buffed arcane shot by 15%.

Do you even read? It was changed to 10% on 3 of our abilities and that damage is compensation for making stampede useless. So it's not really a buff and it might even be a PvE nerf while making our dps cooldown a joke.

Thats what all your PvP whining has got us, good job guys.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Thats what all your PvP whining has got us, good job guys.

Grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
When will you fix pets being slow and lazy to attack?
The damage gained from the buffs you can receive from using Stampede is no longer possible, which lowers Hunter damage. The pets summoned by Stampede can no longer bite/claw/nibble/tickle, they can only use auto-attacks, lowering damage during Stampede. Blink Strikes now has a 20 second cooldown making the pet easier to peel instead of them blinking all over the Arena to their target. These are all nerfs which are heavily targeted at pets which mainly effects Beast Mastery Hunters.

In regards to the "triple trinket" that BM hunters have; we have no plans to remove Bestial Wrath from Readiness at this time. Please continue to present your feedback on these changes though as we're always interested to hear your opinions on them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/06/2013 09:23Posted by Xewie
[quote]Not only are there these changes, but there is still more to come in patch 5.4. We cannot go into details on these for the moment, but keep an eye out for them on the blog ;)

So you are suggesting that with patch 5.4 (in theory the LAST patch of MoP) we can see more balance changes that will actually try to balance PvP.

It is maybe a little late? How about that next time we don't have to wait always a full patch for a class to get balanced. Like the case of warriors, mages, rogues and hunters in this expansion... but obviously when it comes to hybrid classes the nerfbat can always beat us to death every patch continuously...

Fun fact: BETA players (hunters mostly) already warned Blizzard that BM would be too strong and utterly OP.

It's mid season 13 now... still no change to BW trinkets/dmg and instead they removed the lvl87 Hunter ability from the game.

Blizzard Entertainment is entertaining...
Edited by Recce on 11/06/2013 09:36 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I am not normaly one to complain about nerfs and buffs etc. But seriously Blizz what are you trying to do?
Why not remove Stampede already and boost the arcane shot dmg by 20% since that is the best you could come up with, because now it will just be a useless button for us to press (PvE, since I could not care less bout PvP anymore, not that I played arenas...). Stampede will hit like a wet noodle and bring no dmg increase for PvE now..

Why dont you make 2 other specs for hunters that will be viable for PvP and could only be used for PvP (other way around will also be fine) because you will never be able to balance the specs for both PvE and PvP. PvE hunters are in a fine spot now, definately not the best but close to the top, nerfing us will put us back on the lower rankings.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Arcane Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
Cobra Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]
Steady Shot now deals 10% more damage. [Requires a realm restart]

Wat

Please continue to present your feedback on these changes though as we're always interested to hear your opinions on them.

You've had 10 months to get hunters in line. You are supposedly hard working adults. I really don't know what you guys do all day at the office. "Gee guys I'm bored - what changes could we possibly make to !@#$ up Raeban's day today?"

I've had enough now. I sat through KFC last season, Thug Cleave in 5.2 and now Hunter/Disc/X in 5.3 and I can honestly say I was really holding out for these changes but Blizzard strikes again! After playing since release I don't know what I expected.

I wrote a little song for you to congratulate you on all your hard work.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a web wrap
No escape from the stampede
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor shaman, I need less cc
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Damage high, enemy low
Anyway the CDs blow, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a mage
Put a gun against his head
Pressed kill command, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and got 2.4 k
Mages, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

I see a little silhouetto of a mage
Scattershot, scattershot will I land my first trap now?
Arcane shot and silencing - here comes missed trap number 3!
POWERSHOT, powershot
POWERSHOT, powershot,
POWERSHOT or Glaive Toss - OH OH OH OH OH

But I'm just a poor sham nobody loves me
He's just a poor hunter with infinite cc
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy scatter silence shot - will you let me cast
Bismillah! No - we will not let you cast - let him cast!
Bismillah! We will not let you cast - let him cast!
Bismillah! We will not let you cast - let me cast!
Will not let you cast - let me cast (never)
Never let you cast - let me cast
Never let me cast - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me cast
Beelzebub has a stampede put aside for me
for me
for meeeeee

P.S I'm out. & credit to Queen for writing this amazing song.
Edited by Raebanx on 11/06/2013 09:53 BST
Reply Quote

You could make it so it's now affected by Readiness.. THat's a good thing for stampede now.. It isn't as strong it was so why no lower it's cooldown for just a few seconds so is it can be affected by Readiness????
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
There haven't been one single patch without hunter nerfs since MoP release. The question is, how much nerf is enough? Will the whiners ever get satisfied?
Edited by Hashand on 11/06/2013 09:56 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2013 09:20Posted by Nakatoir
So we asked for hunter nerfs since their damage is ridiculously overpowered and instead they're pretty much getting buffed? Not sure if I'm catching your drift.

I still don't quite get how you can justify a nerf to what was pretty much a Hunters only group utility cooldown for PvE - I'll admit it's pretty lackluster as normally all buffs & debuffs will be covered, but can still be of some use in 10/5m. That's not even considering the huge nerf to soloing this will cause; losing access to four extra buffs doesn't just mainly effect BM.

Hunter raid utility is already abysmal without this on top - why not just remove the ability from rated PvP and leave things be for PvE if you must target Stampede for a nerf?

This change will just gut Stampede for PvE as it stands; it may as well almost be a cosmetic glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yet the real problem, Bestial Wrath untouched.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well, atleast something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]