Hunter nerfs probably inc wednesday

1 Gnome Warlock
You do realise hunters without any challenge are the strongest class atm right? Ferals and retris are jokes compared to hunters. A good hunter will land the trap 90% of the times, I assume you know about explosive trap,disengage, trap?

Not getting trap? No problemo, 4 second scatter, 3 second sleep, 3 second silencing shot. Oh you !@#$ed up? Here you go, 10 seconds instant CC anyhow. Oh and did I tell you, you can reset the CD you %^-*ed up and just try again while doing the highest damage in the game.

Hunters actually not thinking heavy nerfs is needed I will assume never played above 2.3k in their life, which is kinda strange atm since you can 2v3 to that rating as a hunter in their current state.
You really didnt answer my question, good sir.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
i normally dont gloat @ nerfs or anything but this time i really hope hunters get !@#$ed so hard that they're gonna be extinct from arena.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
10/06/2013 12:03Posted by Flybi
Its a hot topic, you cant deny that.

well yes it seems so, not many constructive ones though. loving your cheering " yea nerf hunters " on every thread and post

he is the most biased poster here, dont mind him
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
While Stampede (and Wild Imps, Mirror Images, ...) is stupid because it clutters your screen, all of these abilities should be removed at the same time.

The problem with "breaking" BM is that the other hunter specs are NOT weak, at least MM is rather good with Binding Shot and the insane damage + reduced reliance on their pet. Of course it's a bit more balanced and also BW really is too much of an advantage in the CC-dictated PVP environment, but the core problem still remains from when they removed the deadzone and did not adjust the existing escape/CC mechanisms accordingly.

If all the changes you suggest were implemented, you'd have every hunter switch to MM and keep the CC, damage and Silencing Shot on top of that, plus maybe another CC from the tier where Silencing Shot would have been removed from. They'd also gain another CC, Binding Shot. Stampede is not that much of a big deal and Blink Strikes teleporting pets around will still be annoying. They also could still Readiness + double Rapid Fire for going to town without taking a look at their focus bar for 40 seconds.

Obviously there need to be some changes, and there will be, but in the end we'll have to see if they get it right this time... :|

Edit: This is not only Ret POV. I have played hunter ever since level 80 and I LOVED it during WOTLK, deadzone and all, in both PVE and PVP and any spec. But what they have done to the class after that I can never forget, it's such an abomination that I can't even bear to play it anymore. Now it's an alt I log in once a day to craft Living Steel at most...
Edited by Cakechart on 10/06/2013 14:54 BST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
i normally dont gloat @ nerfs or anything but this time i really hope hunters get !@#$ed so hard that they're gonna be extinct from arena.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
They do way too much damage, and I think most people would agree that a way of getting around this would be to reduce pet damage on players. Pets solo'ing people behind a pillar with the hunter and his dps partner LOS'd isn't fun or rewarding for anyone.

On top of that increase silencing shot cd for BM and as suggested in OP no reset on scatter trap and TBW on readiness. They removed deep freeze etc off cold snap, so why not tinker a bit with readiness too.

Hunters are absolute gods and even with a handful of nerfs they will still be viable. Gz to those that got their PHD/ret hunter disc wellfare glad before the nerfs come.
Edited by Mårlernx on 10/06/2013 15:01 BST
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
Hunter changes:

*Readiness:
It should not reset deterrence, scattershot, trap, disengage, silenceshot and other spells in that talent row. It should only reset damage spells.

*Beast within:
The cc break effect could be removed from beast within.
Than make a glyph which puts it back, but in exchange for lower damage output.

*Traps.
Trap to 6 sec.

*Pet damage.
Pet damage lower on players.

*Silence.
Silence effects should stop all hunter spells/dmg spells.

Some of these changes or all.

*PVE wont suffer from this.
Damage wont suffer from these changes in pve and hunters will take a descent nerf in pvp.
Edited by Spéédyswééty on 10/06/2013 15:10 BST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
hunters are ok, ferals to, ele shamans and ret palys are ok to
its just mages/rogues and the usual past god suspects, unhappy about not being op

somebody has to be at the bottom of the food chain, it's hard for them to get used to that. think that hunters/ele's/rets/ferals were !@#$ for years and years.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
hunters are ok, ferals to, ele shamans and ret palys are ok to
its just mages/rogues and the usual past god suspects, unhappy about not being op

somebody has to be at the bottom of the food chain, it's hard for them to get used to that. think that hunters/ele's/rets/ferals were !@#$ for years and years.

funny guy
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I suggest nerf hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
BM has some issues that make it to strong. But what some propose would just destroy the spec in pvp. And as you can see in this thread thats what quite a few people really want. They want BMs to get extinct.

The biggest issue in my eyes is that their burst is one of the harder ones to stop. And quite a few up till 2200 will pop their one shot macro the first global. So what would i do to stop this?

- Make it that pets do less damage when not in line of sight of the hunter or if the hunter is CCed or disarmed.
- Adjust bestial wrath so that it only breaks fears mindcontrols and disorients.
- Make bestial wrath only usable with 5 stacks of frenzy. And make it consume the frenzy stacks in the process.

The next issue is CC related. Despite that they they increased the cooldown of pet special abbilities. The possible lenght of CC chains is still there. The pet special just adds an extra tool to give the hunter a possibilitie to land instant CCs, while they allready have one.

- I personally would decrease the CD of the special to its old value, but make people affected by the special untrappable for 15 seconds after that.
That way web wrap or w/e will be used as peel or cross CC instead of prolonging an allready lenghty CC chain.

I think hunters and esp their pets have some survival issues aswell. So i would give them a small buff in that area aswell.

- Roar of sacrifice altered to reduce damage taken by the pet by 50% and its owner by 30%. Remove the shared dmg component.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
That is waaay waay owerkill. It would be fine if readiness didnt reset bestial wrath and discs would get nerfed.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Bestial wrath shouldn't remove CC from the player whatsoever, no compensation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
They do way too much damage,.

I think a lot of classes do way to much damage atm.There arent a lot of classes that cant kill you in 2-3 globals atm....which is crazy. There are a few ways to fix that:

- Re-adjust the effect of resilience gems to make them an equal or better option.
- Give pvp trinkets a + .... resi setbonus when used together.
- Give everyone 1-3% extra basline resi.
Edited by Vilroth on 10/06/2013 15:41 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You do realise hunters without any challenge are the strongest class atm right? Ferals and retris are jokes compared to hunters. A good hunter will land the trap 90% of the times, I assume you know about explosive trap,disengage, trap?

Not getting trap? No problemo, 4 second scatter, 3 second sleep, 3 second silencing shot. Oh you !@#$ed up? Here you go, 10 seconds instant CC anyhow. Oh and did I tell you, you can reset the CD you %^-*ed up and just try again while doing the highest damage in the game.

Hunters actually not thinking heavy nerfs is needed I will assume never played above 2.3k in their life, which is kinda strange atm since you can 2v3 to that rating as a hunter in their current state.
You really didnt answer my question, good sir.

Your question make no sense.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
My ww monk partner just got 85k kill command+70k bite. Only tbw and trinket up
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
unters are ok, ferals to, ele shamans and ret palys are ok to

pls stop... pls

I'm beggin' you, my brain is bleeding while I'm reeding this, just staaaaaaaaaaahp..
Reply Quote
Community
-No silencing shot for BM - Yes for the two other specs it should not be touched.
-Stampede removed from arena - All speccs
-Readiness do not reset scatter/trap - All speccs
-Readiness do not reset Bestial Wrath
It's not any of these, however the changes Holinka mentioned for Hunters coming with the restart on Wednesday are relating to Stampede and Blink Strikes.

The changes we have coming for Blink Strikes are intended to assist with the regular complaint we hear about peeling Hunter pets. The change will mean that Hunter pets will only be able to Blink Strike once every 20 seconds and there will be a 10 yard minimum range to avoid the pet using it off cooldown when it's already close to the target. We hope that this will help with Hunter pets utilizing large amounts of glue to stick to their targets.

Our plans for Stampede are actually quite simple to explain; we are removing the ability for the pets summoned through Stampede to use any abilities. The end result of this change should be that the pets a Hunter summons from Stampede will only be able to auto-attack. As you are all aware, these changes will result in a quite the reduction of net damage for Hunters, because of this we have also done a minor 15% buff to the damage of Arcane Shot.

Not only are there these changes, but there is still more to come in patch 5.4. We cannot go into details on these for the moment, but keep an eye out for them on the blog ;)
Edited by Nakatoir on 11/06/2013 09:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i disagree with the people saying BM has to much damage.
BM has always and should always be about the high frontload damage which is hard to control, which is why CC nerfs should be put in place to negate this.

also, remove the trinket from bestial wrath, but make our pet immune to cc when it's popped, this makes BM keep it nichè and heavily reduces our capabilities in arena.

what i'm trying to say is.

Remove BW trinket

Remove silencing shot

Remove pet CC (keep buffs/debuffs but not cc effects)

This is the perfect fix for the BM spec.

while doing this, they can make MM have silencing shot back, and give surv the sleeping shot back again (forgot it's name).

then make the talent tier (Binding shot - intimidation - some random thing)

A MAN CAN DREAM!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
My ww monk partner just got 85k kill command+70k bite. Only tbw and trinket up

Keep in mind the BM hunter = his pet. Thats where the bulk oif the damage comes from. Kill command is to some extend comparable to frostfirebolt in terms of how hard it hits and how often its used.

I think the biggest issue arent the numbers. The problem with BM hunters is that their dmg is hard to avoid due to blink strikes and + 70% speed inrease on the pet.

So while you should be able to somewhat kite a pet with slows etc. These pet abbilities make it it extremely hard.

Edit: Good changes naktoir and in line with what ive said (regarding blink strikes).
Edited by Vilroth on 10/06/2013 16:35 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]