Loot in the Flex Raid

90 Troll Priest
I really like the idea of that new flex raid. For me it seems like its primary designed to play the content with your friends, thats why its working cross realm and with battle tags.
So i was wondering why this raid uses the LFR loot system.
The flex raid is something like a normal / heroic raid because you're only doing it with ppl you've invited, but the loot is lower ilvl than normal/hc because you can do it cross realm with friends.
So why can't we get the normal loot system and the raid decides who gets items?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i agree with this point, as the aim is to do it with guildies/friends/family so this alone should avoid the whole ninjaing/taking loot you dont need issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, and scaling that loot system would be kind of problematic.
It would mean that 10-14 players would have to share on the same 2 loot.
15-19 on 3 loot, 20-24 on 4, and 25 would get 5 or maybe 6.

In that case playing with 13-14 players would be a rather bad idea, which they wanted to avoid. And the LFR loot system is perfect for this.
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Druid
I really like the idea of that new flex raid. For me it seems like its primary designed to play the content with your friends, thats why its working cross realm and with battle tags.
So i was wondering why this raid uses the LFR loot system.
The flex raid is something like a normal / heroic raid because you're only doing it with ppl you've invited, but the loot is lower ilvl than normal/hc because you can do it cross realm with friends.
So why can't we get the normal loot system and the raid decides who gets items?

The answer is quite simple actually.

For Blizz that new Flexi raid is something you do in a tradechat group. To encourage players to run these groups without having to worry about item locks, ninja´s etc. they add the LFR loot system.

Its fully understandable to me, the thing is between pug and being able to pug lay worlds. If you are a normal raider you wont have trouble finding a pug, but if you come from LFR what most people do, nobody will invite you as you don't have the necessary achievements or Ilvl.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
At the very least, loot should be tradeable, so that people who get !@#$ items can give them to less well-geared friends.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
At the very least, loot should be tradeable, so that people who get !@#$ items can give them to less well-geared friends.

That also could lead to loot dramas. Think about 3 friends joining a /flex raid which only trade with their friends. Or think about someone in a pug raid that wants gold for the epic you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Well, and scaling that loot system would be kind of problematic.
It would mean that 10-14 players would have to share on the same 2 loot.
15-19 on 3 loot, 20-24 on 4, and 25 would get 5 or maybe 6.
Yeah that's a tricky one. They could solve this though, potentially; if drops-per-boss would scale cumulatively based on the number of players, they could rationalise it down to a fixed chance at "something" dropping based on the number of players in the raid, so that guaranteed loot happens for a round number of players per-modulus, and the 'extra' players feed into a chance for one extra item

e.g. if each player in your raid provided 25% chance cumulatively, you'd end up with something along the lines of:
10 players = 250% loot chance = 2 x Guaranteed drops + 50% chance for a 3rd drop
17 Players = 425% loot chance = 4 x Guaranteed drops + 25% chance for a 5th drop
20 players = 500% loot chance = 5 x Guaranteed drops + 0% chance for a 6th drop
etc.

- At least that would (hopefully) reduce the risk of having players being excluded from a raid because of wanting to optimise loot chances.

Also, I think that having a lootmaster in a raid is a good thing for player respect. If a player abuses their position as raidleader/lootmaster then that player's reputation is quickly spread across their own server and even to their own guild.

On the other hand, I think PuG players mostly respect the loot sharing process - In all the hundreds of raid PuGs I remember joining during WotLK, being in a raid with a ninja lootmaster maybe only happened to me perhaps 1 or 2 times throughout the entire expansion. It's also a good thing to have both for the friends/family guilds and players, who blizz are directly trying to cater for :)
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
It's also a good thing to have both for the friends/family guilds and players, who blizz are directly trying to cater for :)

Them, and pugs. I would believe it will mainly be played by pugs then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The way the system currently works it just seems to be like a watered down version of raiding, without the logistics of unforgiving tactics, raid sizes, and thus loot drama as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
What i really dont like in LFR loot system is the duplicate items. Things i already have that is and i get again and again.
This is not needed neither in a family+friends group nor in a real pug. That goes for small groups at least. For larger groups the sheer amount of people combined with the big amount of loot being dropped makes it a bit hectic. Back in wrath 25s were dropping 3 pieces of gear. You did not need more, cause you were getting the "good stuff" with the high item level. People were motivated enough to pug 25s even with a reduced ratio of loot per person.
But this thing, the automated roll per person and a random item from the loot table (that you already have most of the times) doesnt fit well. Never mind though, we shall see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What i really dont like in LFR loot system is the duplicate items. Things i already have that is and i get again and again.
This is not needed neither in a family+friends group nor in a real pug. That goes for small groups at least. For larger groups the sheer amount of people combined with the big amount of loot being dropped makes it a bit hectic. Back in wrath 25s were dropping 3 pieces of gear. You did not need more, cause you were getting the "good stuff" with the high item level. People were motivated enough to pug 25s even with a reduced ratio of loot per person.
But this thing, the automated roll per person and a random item from the loot table (that you already have most of the times) doesnt fit well. Never mind though, we shall see.

I think most people agree with you Lorac.

But the LFR loot system logically fits FlexiRaid, though it is definitely 'unfun'. It could certainly do with improvement, e.g. let players trade loot, bump up the drop rate, something to make it more engaging.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]