Celestial Blessings Quest - Seriously Blizzard ?

(Locked)

90 Draenei Hunter
I just did that quest and i cant believe how easy it was after almost giving up on that.
I followed the Strategy of player named Jnza, from american server.
1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.

Piece of cake. TY Jinza
90 Night Elf Rogue
Nice exploit.
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm at the melee one, but its hard to do, first the adds hit hard and are not easy (fast to kill) to get behind boss again, and second the mirror phase instant kills me to when it does that aoe when u kill 1 of the mirrored boss or even at the second.

If the adds where better killable, then it would be better, but yea the mirror phase still does hard aoe.

Does someone has a video guide of the Melee fight, would be nice to share.

I got it on the 3rd attempt which was handy considering enhance is terrible at aoeing the clones the self healing helps immensely.
Anybody who cleared this with his Balance (boomkin) Druid?

I like a challenge but after 5 hours on Yu'lon with my Balance (boomkin) Druid (518) the closes I came was 20%.

I tried killing the adds asap, multidot them and kite them but that was no succes, when the last died the 1st was back.

I tried cc, started power nuking the prince and when the adds came mass entangle them. then attack prince again until entangle broke, then mass entangled again. this went well but after 3rd mass entangle they are so fast i can't cast it quick enough before they grab me.

Is it that my gear is to low to do it as a Balance (boomkin) Druid?
or can this be done with a good tactic (how?) ?

With a lock it was doable and i know the mechanism of the fight
90 Draenei Mage
@Digerdodarn
A thousand thanks, kind sir. Worked like a charm.
lol you wanna try doing it with a mage! All the big spells we have require to stand still .... right like thats gunna happen, and its bugged to !@#$ when the blobs run faster than my mage can run . And thanks to all the shield and cold snap nerfs they keep throwing at us its really hard to heal up. My server is dead, its also a server that blizz reccomended when i started playing so there is no chance of me getting heroic gear like the so called "pros" to make this easier does that mean im not deserving of "legendary gear" even though ive grinded my %^-* off for the last several months? FK U BLIZZ
lol another righteous lock defending mechanics cus they dont affect locks ... FEAR spam yawn!
90 Night Elf Rogue
The melee DPS challenge from what I can gather is one of the hardest out there and honestly, I beat my head against this for 2 weeks and spent about 2,000 gold on repair bills before I worked it out.

Based on the fact so many people have been having trouble and I finally found a tactic that worked for me I recorded my final attempt so you can take a look at maybe pick up some ideas from it or figure something out!

I talk about the fight/my spec/my talents/my tactics for the first 6 minutes so feel free to click the annotation or skip to 6:40 for the fight itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3q8w2r_jH0
90 Orc Warrior
Not yet seen a video yet of melee dps beating this boss in LFR gear, which real kick in teeth by blizzard, if didn't want LFR gear characters to get cloak, then why let them get titanrunestones.

Apart from buggy arc attack that 90 degree of to the left.

The whole thing about using his strength against him, but wraithian tears seem to just hit you like a truck, unless can do 200k+ dps, the 2nd pack will kill you.

mirror image is more luck than skill in seeing the add to kill.

Would be nice to get some blizzard response on which level of gear is the challenge realistically doable on.

This challenge is not challenging its frustrating, and fact that forums are crawly with similar posts. Very few players will have heroic gear to power through this challenge.
90 Orc Warrior
This is the most melee unfriendly encounter I've ever seen. Not even Leotheras the Blind from SSC was THAT awful as this one. This is supposed to be a challenge? This is a desaster.

I know, that there are some Fury Warriors out there who managed to bring him down, but in my case... I don't know how to handle the adds. The first wave of adds is doable by popping up the cooldowns with die by the sword. But the second wave breaks me. I tried it with piercing howl to keep them away from me, I tried jumping away, charging back, thunder clapping etc... they kill me within record time.

Wrathion is NOT the problem, but his adds are. I have no problems interrupting him and avoiding his AOE attack, but the adds ruin everything. If this is working as intended... then I will not continue to pursue the quest. Normally I am not the type of person who gives up so easily, but right now I'm running out of ideas.

I belive congratulations are in order.... Gratz Blizzard for getting to my breaking point... after 8 Years..
90 Pandaren Shaman
As ele i had loads of problems before i managed to get him down. Either i was killed by blobs or i wasnt fast enough to kill his copies, but somehow i managed to beat him after 2 hours :D

When he spawned the first wave of bloobs i slowed them with earthgrab and nuked them with chain lightning, then i got Wrathion to the side stairs and positioned myself behind him. I literally popped everything, Stunned him with capacitor, used pot, fire ele and bloodlust and nuked him like crazy so he never even spawned his copies. I was just careful to monitor the buff i got from standing behind him.

That dragonboy owns me loads of gold for repairs :(
Edited by Kylana on 30/06/2013 02:20 BST
90 Blood Elf Mage
Still wipeing on this and am doin what people had said to do keep pet on passive and put him on attack to kill Wrathion am doin Between 187k-227k on wrathion from standing Behinde him i killed the first wave of Nelferions Tears but when the next wave comes with the mirriow image adds this is where i i wipe on Wrathion. and on this phase am useing ice nova Arcane Explosion pet frost nova.

I think the Nelferions Tears Spawn faster than what they should
90 Pandaren Mage
Still wipeing on this and am doin what people had said to do keep pet on passive and put him on attack to kill Wrathion am doin Between 187k-227k on wrathion from standing Behinde him i killed the first wave of Nelferions Tears but when the next wave comes with the mirriow image adds this is where i i wipe on Wrathion. and on this phase am useing ice nova Arcane Explosion pet frost nova.

I think the Nelferions Tears Spawn faster than what they should

Go back to page 1 and follow my instructions. Should save you some headache :-)
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just beat him...Atleast i use ur guide but not Exactly specificly but thanks for ur help
Edited by Truemode on 30/06/2013 15:59 BST
90 Orc Warrior
Update:

I did it! Here is what I did:

-have your guild mates FULLY RAID BUFF you!
-Flask up and eat 300 strength food
-toss a burning blosslom into the fire => additional 3% crit
-have a shaman cast earth shield on you
-have a warlock give you healthstones
-prepot and hit him from behind until he spawns his adds (DO NOT use burst)
-cast die by the sword and use bladestorm when the adds are spawned. Earth Shield should take care of the health problem. If you receive more damage, use a health stone or a healing potion
-are the adds dead, BURST on and throw everything you have at him
-interrupt him whenever he casts, avoid his Crumbling Arc by staying behind him (a good amount of DPS you inflict there)

This is the way I did it. As a result, I was able to SKIP 1 phase.. meaning, no second add wave and the most important thing... NO IMAGES! You need to trigger your burst, right after the adds' demise.
11 Goblin Priest
Well it is an Legendary quest so it should literally be THE hardest quest IN THE ENTIRE GAME so quit your whinning and focus!
Theres a difference between a quest being hard and a quest being so !@#$ up and not tested at all and this one is clearly the later or why is it possible for mages and hunters to avaid adds by doing fd/invi making this quest a walk in the park while other classes cant do that?

Oh and its nice to see that Boomkins Silence effect gets a big %^-* u in this encounter....
90 Worgen Hunter
Ok guys. Just oneshottet this guy. Couldnt believe it as i am not very good at these challenges.

Startet laying down explosive trap and snake trap which doesnt aggro him. Then rushed in from behind with fero pet sporebat. Nuked him very and he lost a lot of hp. Then he spawned the blobs which i was sure was gonna kill me. I started target one of them and cast multishot and barrage + some more multi and steady shot. Used disengage one time with posthaste to get some speed. Blubs went down and i attacked him again.

He went into mirror phase and i rushed on to the balcony and feign death. Pet died. I kept dead until mirror phase was over. I cast revive pet, and wrathion reached me just in time to get my pet up again. Nuked him down on the balcony. Couldnt believe it! ONESHOT.

I dont know if its nerfed. My overall dps ended at 146 k which is pretty high i guess. But very easy fight as survival. If you have troubles with blobs you have to go back to hunter school and pratice, because they were np tbh!

Gl all. Im gooing to get my cloack now!
90 Human Mage
04/07/2013 15:00Posted by Shrapnella
Well it is an Legendary quest so it should literally be THE hardest quest IN THE ENTIRE GAME so quit your whinning and focus!
Theres a difference between a quest being hard and a quest being so !@#$ up and not tested at all and this one is clearly the later or why is it possible for mages and hunters to avaid adds by doing fd/invi making this quest a walk in the park while other classes cant do that?

Oh and its nice to see that Boomkins Silence effect gets a big %^-* u in this encounter....

It's not possible for hunters to use feign death - or, at least, it never works for my hunter.

Adds just swarm all over her.

Add to that the fact that it buffs int, not agil (rofl!), which is obviously utterly useless for hunters and I'm not even bothering with it on hunter until they fix it.

I like a challenge, but there is a difference between a well designed challenge and a series of mistakes which end up making something ridiculously hard, for one class, by complete accident! xD

I may not be the best hunter on earth, but it is my main and I'm a way better hunter than I am a healer.

...and yet, I managed to do the healing quest on my monk Bouncia (just in case anyone wants to check out her cloak for proof!) FIRST TIME, in worse gear, with a substandard food buff and no pots.

I rest my case.
90 Tauren Warrior
I tried the celestial challenge 20x times, using flask of winter's bite, mogu potion etc... and its a really tough one. I always get stuck at 30 % of Wrathion's heal for the melee challenge but that combination of special attack plus adds is just deadly as hell, I got frustrated so I decided to go for the Tank challenge, grabbed myself a shield and this is just getting more frustrating: I most of the time get the image of DW at 5, even once at 2% and this is when the crap happened: three days ago I see the end it: I get DW to 2% with my health bar as well as Wrathion's above 50% and then -> disconnection "World Server Down"...

I could have that damn cloak if it wouldn't be for that thing and hours of frustrations would be behind me, but nooo, I sent out two tickets and apparently GM and Blizz said;

Greetings Karthmann,

Thank you for your ticket, I apologize we were unable to meet you ingame to discuss this. And I hope you are well and good.

I have investigated this for you indepth and confirmed your situation.
I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I can only beg your forgiveness for this situation, we are aware that some ISPs and regions had connection problems at that time, and we worked hard with them to fix it for everyone.

I really wish I could complete the quest for you, but unfortunately even we Game Masters are unable to do so. I know this quest in particular is very hard, and if there was any way possible I would do so in a heartbeat for you. I hope you complete it soon. If you think it is unfair may I advise you post on our Forums at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum about it. We welcome any changes or feedback regarding it.

I hope this helps explain the situation, that you continue to enjoy the game, and have an excellent day.

Regards,
Game Master 'Murloc Wrestling Champ 2012' Cruzzidax
English Game Masters
Blizzard Europe

and 2nd answer:

Greetings Karthmann,

Thank you for contacting the Blizzard Entertainment Support Department.

I completely understand your frustration about it, especially when you reach the last 2%... As the previous Gm said unfortunately we can't assist you this time and credit it to you. Advise you post on our Forums at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum about it. We welcome any changes or feedback regarding it.

Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

Just damn frustrated...
90 Human Warrior
It also took me a while, but I finally did it in LFR gear and without buffs. There were 2 things that were continuously killing me: the adds and the mirror images´ AoE. I finally came to a strategy that worked:

*Started the fight by popping all my CDs, since he begins by casting his smash which leaves his back wide open.
*When the first wave of adds spawn sweeping strikes and thunderclap them down. The talent that heals you when you are low on health should keep you alive.
*If everything goes well he should start his mirror images phase just as the adds revive. Pop Die by the Sword and Bladestorm through both the images and the adds.
*Each time he does the mirror images again thunderclap through them and kill them 1 by 1 as fast as you can. If you kill enough of them you won´t die even if the AoE goes off, since the healing talent should keep you alive.
*Just keep dpsing as fast as you can. When he stops his mirror images you almost won in the adds don´t revive again.

Alternate strategy for slow dpsers, which I did by accident and got me the win:
*When the first wave of adds spawn kill them 1 by 1 using Die by the Sword to help your survival. That way they will also revive 1 by 1, so you can kill them again without any problem at all. Now all you have to worry about is Wrathion´s abilities and killing enough mirror images before the AoE is cast.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]