Legendary chain items & 'catchup'(10M)

2 Night Elf Hunter
I just wondered what other peoples take on this is.
The legendary chain takes alot of time from the start of content to now. They havent really made it any chance to catch up only by nerfing the valor stage by 3k.
We recruited 2 new guys to our 10m recently after others quited. 1 guy is just finishing his valor the other is onto the part after to gather secrets. At the same time everyone else has finished their cloaks now.
These items arent just minor increases they are massive, the gem is worth like 6x normal one. The cloak is double the stats of a normal one.
The other members are always going to be very inferior no matter how much gear they get given.

There is no way for the gap to ever be closed as by the time they get the gem - patch 5.4 is out.
By the time they get cloak(which they will have to do old LFR for) everyone will get what i assume is an op weapon and the content will prolly be complete...

Surely if you have a chain that takes this long there should atleast be a system inplace where people could catch up from 1 patch behind to the current at end of content.

Having to do ToT without a gem & cloak is punishment enough, does the it have to continue through 5.4 raid.

A couple of people quiting raiding team this expansion screws over the progress completely right now for pretty much the rest of mop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There is a catch-up system.
It's called "farm in between tiers where nothing matters anyway". You get months to catch up before the next tier is released.
Being lazy doesn't entitle you to a reward, just because you started later. If you want people with cloaks, recruit people with cloaks. If not, then consider the fact that everyone in your team apart from them having cloaks right now is quite !@#$ing extreme - not even half my 25 man team has theirs yet due to RNG.
Consider the fact that it wasn't neccessary to have either the meta or the cloak to complete the tier, and we're basicly left with you whining that the people you recruited are lazy, so they don't get a free 15% performance boost to make stuff faceroll for you.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Hunter
We have bad enough trouble recruiting good members as it is, without being picky about other stuff that shouldnt matter.
When many of these 10man fights 2 dps represent 40% of the DPS players. these 15%+ performance boost is a big deal.

In my opinion its fail design.

I dont see how it has anything to do with lazyness. People have always had to quit and return to this game since the beginning. You get around this by giving them extra gear to catch up. Something this expansion doesnt allow for.

Quiting/returning mid content ok sure they should be inferior for that tier... but we are talking someone who didnt do an obsolete tier is a useless player for the entirety of this expansion.

I hope this isnt another blizzard system trying to kill their own game 'raid from day 1 or unsub until next expansion'
Edited by Kiddingme on 13/06/2013 15:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
im on 4/12 secrets due to RNG and I raid 25man...and we only have 1 person in the guild with the cloak so far as many others are in the same boat.

RNG is RNG, anything inbetween such as valor and quests takes no longer than 3 weeks total (1k valor per week).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Doing MSV, HOF and TOES weekly for sigils is maybe 1 hour per instance. 5 hours a week.
Capping VP for the socket part is about 1-3 hours weekly, depending on how good your heroic scenario group is now.
Each part takes roughly a month, both of them 2 months. T14 was out for 5 months. Along with this, the CURRENT tier has been out for over 3 months.

That's what you're complaining about - the members you have recruited have not bothered to do 5 hours worth of farming a week for 8 weeks, over a span of more than 30 weeks. If that's not being "lazy", then I don't know what is. Effectively reducing the second part (VP) to half of the former requirement is more than enough catch-up. Legendaries that are CURRENT boosts shouldn't come easily - especially when legendaries that are hopelessly outdated (Val'anyr, Shadowmourne, DWTR, Daggers) still requires the same amount of effort to farm as when they were released (and yes, I'm aware that theoretically shadowmourne is slightly faster because they nerfed the souls part from 2500 to 250 - but let's face it, you just spent a day farming the entrance trash for the souls anyway, resetting the instance over and over).

It's the exact same situation as VP upgrades, really - if your members don't cap VP weekly at this point, they're losing out on 16 item levels a week. That's more than upgrading a normal to a heroic item they lose every week they don't bother with their VP. The legendaries are the same - every week you slack and don't do the criteria to advance in the quest, you lose out on a performance boost. It's just too bad that, as the items are, y'know, "legendary", the performance boost is quite massive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
13/06/2013 15:08Posted by Kiddingme
We recruited 2 new guys to our 10m recently after others quited. 1 guy is just finishing his valor the other is onto the part after to gather secrets. At the same time everyone else has finished their cloaks now.

That's funny, where's your cloak then? Oh wait, you don't even have the metagem yet, let alone the cloak. Secret "actually it's me slacking, just let me get stuff without doing anything" much? Your achievement says you done up till part 2, yet you not even using the prismatic weapon sockat atm.

Edit: 2 people in your raid team seem to have the cloak at a quick glance. Yeah, cloaks so common now, let's hand em out through mail.
Edited by Spamfu on 13/06/2013 15:57 BST
Reply Quote
There is no way for the gap to ever be closed as by the time they get the gem - patch 5.4 is out.
By the time they get cloak(which they will have to do old LFR for) everyone will get what i assume is an op weapon and the content will prolly be complete...

When Patch 5.4 is released, the legendary quest items from 5.0/5.1 will drop in Throne of Thunders for players that are on that step of the questline. The developers don't see much value in keeping Tier 14 relevant once Tier 16 is available.

However, in 5.4, if you decide to run Tier 14 raids for those items, you will see a dramatically increased drop chance.
Reply Quote
58 Gnome Death Knight
Wassn't that the point of this legendary quest line - that you have to be engaged over the whole expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wholeheartily agree with those concerns. I am so far behind in the legendary questline (just started the 2nd week of 3k valor points) and people in my guild talk of how hard it is to get the stones.

Please do something about that. It should end sooner. Decrease the amount of reagents needed perhaps across the board.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You are kidding me right... (pun intended :P)

Legendary should take a long time, I have to correct myself sometimes because I forget just how long it took to get Sulfuras and Thunderfury. At least I try to forget but sometimes I still wake up with nightmares!

This is a legendary questline running over the short duration of one expansion, sure I would like the secrets to be a little less RNG, same as a lot of people would like the Runestones to be a little less RNG but I'm quite confident I'll get there eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
They havent really made it any chance to catch up only by nerfing the valor stage by 3k.

Having to do ToT without a gem & cloak is punishment enough

A couple of people quiting raiding team this expansion screws over the progress completely right now for pretty much the rest of mop.

I dont believe this guy, must be a troll 100%
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

When Patch 5.4 is released, the legendary quest items from 5.0/5.1 will drop in Throne of Thunders for players that are on that step of the questline. The developers don't see much value in keeping Tier 14 relevant once Tier 16 is available.

However, in 5.4, if you decide to run Tier 14 raids for those items, you will see a dramatically increased drop chance.

it would be helpful if you buffed the drop rate of most of the other items as well, i still need 12 secrets of the empire let alone the the 12 titan runestones ..

I am woefully behind where i should be because i was stuck on the sigils forever, i had 26 of one sigil before i got 10 of the others and it then took me over a month to find a group to kill bloodhilt ...(who is now nurfed, ty)

i will be so far behind where i should be when 5.4 goes live, it would be a real shame not to finish it before 6.0 goes or not to have much time to actually benefit from it
Edited by Prandard on 13/06/2013 16:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
RNG shouldn't be this much of a factor when it comes to a quest. There are huge gaps between people who currently have the cloak from day 1 and others who are still on less than 5 runes, Im all for doing a "legendary" quest line, but RNG is anything but legendary...its very frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We have 1 guy in our raid group that has the cloak, being clearing the instance since day 1. Yet a few of our socials have the cloak already purely from lfr. Up the drop rate on Heroic mode ffs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
We have 1 guy in our raid group that has the cloak, being clearing the instance since day 1. Yet a few of our socials have the cloak already purely from lfr. Up the drop rate on Heroic mode ffs.

^ this LFR should have the lowest chance, then normal and heroic having the highest chance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

In my guild LFR people got it 1st too. So I swapped collecting on LFR and what the flux - I got my missing handful of rune's on a single LFr run :o and went back and killed lei and got cloak too. I know I am being paranoid, but ... but ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Soooo ...it's a bad thing...those who have played through the entire expansion and done all the content get the 'LEGENDARY' end item.

Okay, I'll play along here.
Why?

You're thinking about this in terms of RNG vs Fairness, but the RNG element is simply thus.
Eventually you will get it. You will. No ands, ifs, or buts. Our first Cloak went to a casual LFR member too. Sucks...but that's the way it went.

The fairness... well... if you played since the start of Pandaria, you've an edge over others, okay. It's not an edge so large that you don't include new players from your raids is it? If so that's kinda a rigid set of rules you have there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
13/06/2013 15:08Posted by Kiddingme

Let me congratulate to the luck your guildies have, because I'm on the quest to get titan runestones for 8 weeks now and I've got 4 so far. Add to this the fact that the 4th one was ensured because of the change last patch brought to us (ensured 1 from Lei Shen)... and you say your guildies are finishing already?
Reply Quote
dranzal i dono if this has been tossed around or not but have you ever considdered making the sigils (unique 10) as bck in 5.0/5.1 i had 30 power and 5 wisdom at 1 point
Edited by Enlightning on 13/06/2013 19:23 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]