Soloing Content (Gear Requirements)

90 Human Death Knight
So basically I want to solo ICC 25HC for the mount and I know you can't do dreamwalker etc solo, but I heard about locking an alt to just before LK and extending the raid every week and just picking the raid lock up on this character each week just before LK. My question is what gear is needed to solo harder old raid content, obviously blood spec, but tanking gear / dps gear / tank gear with dps trinks? etc so you don't hit enrage for example.

TL;DR - Soloing content: Tank or DPS gear?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
You can do all of ICC including Dreamwalker solo. Need to do Dreamwalker on 10m but bloodworms are enough to heal it up, the more stamina you have from flask/gear/buffs etc the easier it is. You just equip two low level (lvl 60/70 or below are fine) one-handed weapons and heart strike cleave everything until your bloodworms explode. It's a bit RNG but having death coil glyph, dreamwalker focused and a focus deathcoil macro helps a lot. If it goes on too long and too many adds spawn you can reset the fight by entering a portal.

Lich King itself isn't too hard mechanically, it's just the enrage is tough, it's a bit gear dependant outside of soaking vengeance which can be risky but it becomes a lot more managable after ilvl 500'ish. You want full DPS gear for it, and until you're geared up you need to stay inside during transitions to squeeze out more damage (the spheres take a second before they activate so if you're fast enough you can just run over and hit them before they target you, if this doesn't work for you make a macro to death coil them and use that method instead.)

Good luck with the mount farming, been at it for a while myself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love you guys ... Death Knight is da best :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'd say gear requirement for ICC 25 HC is around 510. 520 is you want an easier time. You'll want DPS gear with a FC enchant and reforged to haste when you have enough mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You can do all of ICC including Dreamwalker solo. Need to do Dreamwalker on 10m but bloodworms are enough to heal it up, the more stamina you have from flask/gear/buffs etc the easier it is. You just equip two low level (lvl 60/70 or below are fine) one-handed weapons and heart strike cleave everything until your bloodworms explode. It's a bit RNG but having death coil glyph, dreamwalker focused and a focus deathcoil macro helps a lot. If it goes on too long and too many adds spawn you can reset the fight by entering a portal.

Lich King itself isn't too hard mechanically, it's just the enrage is tough, it's a bit gear dependant outside of soaking vengeance which can be risky but it becomes a lot more managable after ilvl 500'ish. You want full DPS gear for it, and until you're geared up you need to stay inside during transitions to squeeze out more damage (the spheres take a second before they activate so if you're fast enough you can just run over and hit them before they target you, if this doesn't work for you make a macro to death coil them and use that method instead.)

Good luck with the mount farming, been at it for a while myself.

This post is golden assist for any ICC delving DK :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]