Did Liu Lang actually end up on Gillijim's Isle?

Let me just preface this by saying that I am in no way familiar with pandaren lore, and that this is probably just a coincidence, but a fun one nevertheless.

I was reading about WoW alpha, beta and early vanilla when I came across two islands that used to be outside of Stranglethorn, and which can be seen in the vanilla cinematic, called the Isle of Doctor Lapidis and Gillijim's Isle.

I went on to read some more about them, and I saw a screenshot from Gillijim's Isle on wowwiki.com (http://www.wowwiki.com/Gillijim's_Isle?file=Gilijim%2527s_Isle1.jpg) which reminded me of something I saw whilst leveling in MoP.

Who rides a turtle and would be likely to end up on an island? Oh, right, that's Liu Lang, the first pandaren to leave Pandaria after the Sundering!

I really have nothing more to say about this, I just thought it was a pretty cool discovery, and that Blizzard might have had plans for the pandarens even that early in development. :)
Edited by Gøran on 13/06/2013 17:00 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Actual if you ever did the pre-cata Darkshore Quests, you will know that those turtle with houses on.. Also was used by Naga, and the turtle which Liu Lang ventured off on is the Wandering Isle which clearly still is alive
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Actual if you ever did the pre-cata Darkshore Quests, you will know that those turtle with houses on.. Also was used by Naga, and the turtle which Liu Lang ventured off on is the Wandering Isle which clearly still is alive

those turtles were goblin submarines during the 1st or2nd war.
Reply Quote

Fair enough.
Looking away from what you said first though, even if the turtle is alive now, doesn't mean Blizzard had something else in mind.

Nagas living in tiny turtle houses is pretty funny though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]