demo lock pvp guide

90 Undead Warlock
Hi guys! I have been searching some pvp playstyle tips and tricks for demo locks but i can't find anything real good , played destro and affli untill now and i want to check how it feels demo also (cause destro in 2v is almost rubish). Any ideas ? haste caps, stats priority and stuff like this . also i would like to find some good demo pvp players on youtube , who would you recomend ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Your main stat as demo is mastery, after that comes crit or haste TBH whatever you want, but i would recommend haste(PVP).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
IDK if there's any Demo lock youtubers that makes guides etc.., atleast what i've seen. i was about to start one and i am. just need to fix my harddrive and upload speed. :> so expect me making those in the future.

youtube.com/natnael57
Edited by Sosseri on 11/06/2013 14:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Use LoS and kite as much as you can by using portal and gateway while gaining demonic fury through instants (fel flame, hog etc) and ur pet.

Once u got enough demo fury, say 500-700 then pop meta, trinket, dark soul, pets felstorm and grim of service. then just spam touch of chaos and chaos wave. If you're facing healer team then make sure you or partner CC them before you burst.

You will completely destroy people if you're lucky, chaos wave has 2 charges and i've had crits of 80k, touch of chaos is spammable and i've had 55k+ crits. Still demo has some mega burst even if you dont crit everything.

I'm also lookin for some demo lock youtube pvp to learn from so if you find any please post here :)

Also, mastery is your best stat imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Use LoS and kite as much as you can by using portal and gateway while gaining demonic fury through instants (fel flame, hog etc) and ur pet.

Once u got enough demo fury, say 500-700 then pop meta, trinket, dark soul, pets felstorm and grim of service. then just spam touch of chaos and chaos wave. If you're facing healer team then make sure you or partner CC them before you burst.

You will completely destroy people if you're lucky, chaos wave has 2 charges and i've had crits of 80k, touch of chaos is spammable and i've had 55k+ crits. Still demo has some mega burst even if you dont crit everything.

I'm also lookin for some demo lock youtube pvp to learn from so if you find any please post here :)

Also, mastery is your best stat imo.

I would recommend him playing with Supremacy since it has a 15% more healing reduction against enemies, and you don't really need 500-700 demo fury, you can burst with 300-500. you wont be able to build up that much in arena cause you have to go early offensive in some situations in arena, and defensive, for an example when you have to peel for you team mates with carrion swarm(knockback) you are gonna waste demo fury on it, if doom gets dispelled you want to reapply etc... Think you know what i ment.

i've tried supremacy and sacrifice 2s 2k mmr and 2-2,2k mmr in 3s, and imo supremacy is far better than service.

if you wonder why?

You get a bigger absorb from sacrificial pact since supremacy pets have more hp than service, does more damage overtime, 15% more healing reduction against enemies.
Edited by Sosseri on 11/06/2013 18:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If you're playing with a dps you should use supremacy vs healer + dps and respec service vs double dps.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/KnowleRohrer/2#video=xzygf5

Ps. Erowid Vault best site ever.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
ok thanks guys....if anyone wants to add something iis more than welcome
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Pretty much this. Though you forgot the most important "burst" component: Imp Swarm! It is in any case required to pop Imp Swarm with as many cd's as possible, which will make your imps hit hard, and I mean really hard! It actually doesnt make sense to use them without cd's just for a faster fury build-up.

So a Burst-macro could look like this:

/cast !Metamorphosis (will activate Meta if not already active)
/cast OnUse-Trinket (if necessary)
/cast Orc/Trollracial (if possible)
/cast Dark Soul
/cast Imp Swarm
/cast Felstorm (only makes sense if youre pet is near your target, obviously)
/cast Grimoire of Service (if played with, requires a second click because Imp Swarm has GCD)

My additional 2 cents:
-If you play with Proc-trinkets, try and use this Cooldown with the Proc, for maximum effect.
-Use Doom only against Classes that cant dispell it, otherwise its a waste of fury
-Since 5.3, Aura of Weakness/Elements is undispellable again, so its worth it in longer fights with alot of fury
-I personally play with Supremacy/Service. But I have tried Sacrifice and if you Sacrifice your demon while in Metamorphosis, you get a free 200 fury (almost nobody knows this)

Greetings Tenderloin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]