Item level +500

5 Undead Priest
Hi.

How am I supposed to get gear with item level +500 without being exalted with every faction in Pandaria? I am aware I can by doing raids, but how do I get the gear from that? LFR is my only option, I'm not good enough for a raiding guild yet, and I definitely don't have time to do my dailies, so I'd rather stay on and have fun, but by doing so, there is no chance of me progressing further PvE-wise.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The highest normal Pandaria rep items are 496, and that's not for every slot. You can't hit 500 with them.

This video demonstrates how it's possible to get from a fresh 90 to kill the final boss in LFR, Lei-Shen, without ever attacking at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

LFR is indeed your option.

Scenarios and dungeons at 90 give you 463s and VP.

Even without rep, you get a 522 neck with no rep from Shado-Pan Assault.

The Battlefield: Barrens questline gives you 502 boots, and a 489 piece of your choice each week you do it, for about an hour's playtime.

If you want to get a higher item level, that's more than enough to start the LFR grind.

LFR Throne of Thunder gives you 502s. Oondasta drops 522s. The rep you got running LFR + Valor points buys you 522s.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Priest
Hey there, Brenel.

You don't need to be exalted to obtain reputation gear, it only requires revered reputation. I would suggest you pick a faction or two and try and get those up rather than trying to do them all at once if you are pressed for time.

You can also set a faction to receive bonus reputation. You do this by clicking the star next to the faction in the reputation list. This means that when you take part in particular activities such as heroic dungeons the first run will grant you around 300 rep (600 on alts with bonus rep).

For a small extra rep boost you can also make use of "Work orders" at Sunsong Ranch (Your farm) when you reach exalted with the tillers faction.
Edited by Lumatar on 14/06/2013 13:00 BST
Reply Quote
5 Undead Priest
Cheers, big thanks to both of you for the information.
Edited by Brenel on 14/06/2013 00:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You can also set a faction to receive bonus reputation. You do this by clicking the star next to the faction in the reputation list. This means that when you take part in particular activities such as heroic dungeons the first run will grant you around 600 rep.

Wrong information. It's 300 rep(600 if you got the rep boost with the faction).

To the OP.
How can you not be good enough to join a raiding guild? Everyone is good enough to raid with these easy normal enounters out there.
To me it sounds like you want everything at the cost of nothing. If you rly want some 500+ gear do a HC scenario and buy some on AH.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Priest
14/06/2013 12:56Posted by Stormrunner
You can also set a faction to receive bonus reputation. You do this by clicking the star next to the faction in the reputation list. This means that when you take part in particular activities such as heroic dungeons the first run will grant you around 600 rep.

Wrong information. It's 300 rep(600 if you got the rep boost with the faction).

My mistake, I have corrected it in my original post. Sorry, Brenel.

To the OP.
How can you not be good enough to join a raiding guild? Everyone is good enough to raid with these easy normal enounters out there.
To me it sounds like you want everything at the cost of nothing. If you rly want some 500+ gear do a HC scenario and buy some on AH.

If you have an issue with the current difficulty level of the game please use one of the threads in the general forums or the raiding forums to express it. Please do not tell newcomers how easy they should, or should not, find the content.
Edited by Lumatar on 14/06/2013 13:04 BST
Reply Quote
13/06/2013 23:55Posted by Brenel
I'm not good enough for a raiding guild yet,

TBH everyone has to start somewhere, to improve your own raiding skills there are several things you could do. Tho these are for some people not fun, I myself enjoyed it alot simply cause I like improving myself. (And this comes from a daily hater so it is possible kk? :) )

First off all improve damage etc.
- Get Recount, skada or any damagemeter that i might not know off.
- Read a guide about your class and see what the best rotation is. Ifyou can't remember it write it down.
- Go to a target dummy. Practice your rotation till you reached the cap of what you can do with your gear.
- Do several LFR's to make sure that you also can do your rotation right when having to move from stuff etc.

Second
Now comes the time to upgrade your gear to the max. Enchant your gear even when its not the best of the best. Make it the best it can be. Upgrade gem etc do what you can to get that extra result.
- Go LFR, Scenarios etc. Get the max gear you can without the "real raids"

Third?
- Read all the tactics of the recent raid, watch all the video's and maybe write down if you cant remember all, so you have a side note.
- Keep hitting that target dummy!
- Find a guild that suits you, for beginners casual raiding guilds are mostly great to learn.
Let them know who you are and that you are willing to learn and let them know what you are doing to improve!

4th?
Found a guild, talk with the raidleader or a other officer! Ask them about advice and what they expect from you, some guilds have that written on their website.

5th?
Stay reading up on things, check every patch if your char changed and if you do this all, even tho it might seem much (it isnt really) You can become a skilled raider! :D
It's just about putting a bit of efford in, and you will get alot out of it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would say farm on Timeless Isle. The gear has "High" drop rate. And gives you gear with 496ilvl. And that's high enoug to start the LFR. :3
Edited by Zacor on 14/01/2014 08:25 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
14/01/2014 08:24Posted by Zacor
I would say farm on Timeless Isle. The gear has "High" drop rate. And gives you gear with 496ilvl. And that's high enoug to start the LFR. :3

Well, the question was originally asked 7 months ago.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]