5.4 PTR Patch Notes concerning PvP

90 Human Priest
I want the old talent system back :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
To be fair i agree with some of the people in here in regards to the new patch, i hear that (from friends on the PTR)

Warriors are currently not able to get rid of all the rage through rage dumps (macro to cast execute/HS) My friend stated that his burst damage went and nearly tripled.

Holy Priests currently do an insane amount of healing by going Single target then group then single.

Just from what i have heard so far, so this bring me into concerns about this for PvP (Or rather as of 5.3 PvRG) i'm not going to flame in this constructive thread however, just say that it concerns me
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I agree KJC has to go. Not even the new design is good. Just give us a completely different talent utility. The problem lies within the fact that already affliction lags behind the other 2 speccs on real perfomance in TOT as it is and also affliction is very movement depentant due to the channeling spells (malefic grasp and drainsoul). Removing KJC will even more streatch the gap between the other to speccs. Making haunt to be able to cast it on the move does not change absolutely nothing. We do need haunt to be an on the move cast. Its a 1.5 sec cast and i think any decent warlock can manage to stand still 1.5 sec and cast them. What the affliction talent needs in order to compete and survive its to be able to cast malefic grasp and drain soul on the move. Both spell are 4-6 sec (approx) channeling spells and they both significantly suffer from movement. A big % of the dmg comes from these 2 spells for affliction. Almost every single fight in TOT requires medium to heavy movement. Having a 15 sec move immunity on 1.5min cd will seriously solve nothing. Not to say its better not having at all.
Solutions:
1)Nerf the dmg from malefic grasp and drainsoul and move a bigger % of the dmg on dots.
I cant see this happening as PvP will be affected by this.
2) Make Malefic Grasp and DrainSoul be able to channel cast and move. Leave haunt as it is, a castable stand still spell (people can manage casting and moving with a 1.5sec spell)
3) Remove KJC from the game. Think something else and replace it (another utility ability)

Some issues with affliction to be addressed
1) Afflictions aoe. The mechanic is horrendous. Its pretty lame from blizzard not to be able to improve the way affliction does aoe. Spamming a single button specially the way seed of corruption works its a big fail. Give an additional cd based aoe spell for somne snap aoe.
2) Adjust drain soul ticks to tick every 1 sec and not every 2 as baseline (they will give a shard every 2 ticks so the generation remains the same. This way you improve slightly the execute of affliction in pvp as well and you do not panish the interruption of drain soul as much.

Tys
Edited by Koloui on 14/06/2013 14:32 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What about cc?
Your adding cc to rets but what about other classes that have instant cc's such as priests?

They shouldent be adding more CC, they ought to remove/reduce some from some of the heavier CC classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fear is significantly better than Rep in every single way, there is almost no situation where you'd ever take Rep after this, only if you were playing with a Priest.

acctually several classes have fearbreakers/antifears/tremortotems and so on.

Pentance is stronger in that regards but ofc breaks on dmg. Its a choiche.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/06/2013 17:46Posted by Johnnyprep
You're correct, the numbers on set bonuses are actually just place holders for the moment. At this time try focusing your feedback for set bonuses around the actual mechanics rather than the tuning of the numbers.

The mechanics on most sets will be game-breaking for PvP, regardless of %.

-Mage getting another finger of frost after using instant frostfire bolt
-DK's getting 100% rune regen with pillar of frost popped
-Ferals getting Marked for Death built into Tiger's Fury
-5K mastery for rogues with vendetta up
-Warriors being able to execute targets above 20% HP

Unless you come to your senses and disable these bonuses in rated PvP, you might as well admit that you only care about the people who slay the same dragon every wednesday.

Theyr nerfing execute to compensate... and its dumb yes.
Reply Quote
38 Undead Warlock
This is overpowered. You'll have to be lower it to 20 - 30% off the CDs. Bubble with 2.5 minute CD and divine protection with 30 seconds is stupid. Can't let it go through or you'll have so much complains on these forums.

For rets.

Aha, but it would be perfectly fine for Holy I assume?

it would acctually... or no it wouldent really but it would bring them up to speed with Dpriests and 5.4 restodruids.
Edited by Maxwellpain on 14/06/2013 15:20 BST
Reply Quote
Community
Just sharing a tweet from Brian H. that you might find particularly interesting:

Q: “The new pvp gear is 522, but whats the point if it will get scaled down to 496?”
Holinka:The ceiling will slowly go up next season (e.g. 1 point per week) but PvP gear will be exempt from the ceiling.

What do you guys think of this change?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
He's been saying this would happen for a while now. :p

It's a nice band-aid over the problem facing the differences in item level in PvE and PvP. (Because for some reason each raid instance needs to have as many gear tiers as the entirety of tBC combined xD ) but I don't think it's much more than that.

I think it'll do just fine for 5.4, but a better and less confusing long-term solution to the PvE vs PvP gear issues will need to be found for the next expansion. Seriously, PvE gear does not need to grow ~150 item levels over an expansion. It just doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just sharing a tweet from Brian H. that you might find particularly interesting:

Q: “The new pvp gear is 522, but whats the point if it will get scaled down to 496?”
Holinka: “The ceiling will slowly go up next season (e.g. 1 point per week) but PvP gear will be exempt from the ceiling.”

This makes me rather nervous, would it be possible to have a little more information some time soon about this? (Maybe with an example of how it works?) The reason I am nervous about this is that I'm concerned that this could be a step back from trying to keep PvP accessible to players who just want to try it out without getting completely blown up by other players. Curious for more information!

EDIT: just to clarify, my main concerns are with PvP gear being exempt from the ceiling.
Edited by Elenfea on 14/06/2013 15:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This makes me rather nervous, would it be possible to have a little more information some time soon about this? (Maybe with an example of how it works?) The reason I am nervous about this is that I'm concerned that this could be a step back from trying to keep PvP accessible to players who just want to try it out without getting completely blown up by other players. Curious for more information!

EDIT: just to clarify, my main concerns are with PvP gear being exempt from the ceiling.
The PvP items themselves are also level 522. Since Blizzard assumes your PvE gear is already better than this they want to make sure your average item level goes up at the same pace as that of PvP'ers. You'll have slighter higher item levels each week on all your items, but the PvP'er will have a ton of 496 items and a few of 522 items instead.
There will be item level 470 craftables and 496 items for honor.

522 is actually a little high. Another concern I have is that there will be 2-3 weeks inside the season where it can pay off to replace the remaining 496 items you have with PvE items so you have half PvE items and half 522 PvP items, and then that'll actually be BiS until you have a chance to get the remaining items. It's not a big concern really, but it's a concern nevertheless.

Also, everyone will go for the 522 weapon instantly. This will cause a temporary spike in damage compared to HP.

Like I said, works as a bandaid. Not a good long-term solution.
Edited by Ishayu on 14/06/2013 15:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
they want to make sure your average item level goes up at the same pace as that of PvP'ers

That sounds fair and reassuring, thanks for the information! No longer nervous about this :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Holinka: “[url="https://twitter.com/holinka/status/345242167909945346"]The ceiling will slowly go up next season (e.g. 1 point per week) but PvP gear will be exempt from the ceiling.[/url]”

Good change for the moment, would need to be something else for the further though. Nice to keep the PvE gear out of PvP for a while
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Holinka: “[url="https://twitter.com/holinka/status/345242167909945346"]The ceiling will slowly go up next season (e.g. 1 point per week) but PvP gear will be exempt from the ceiling.[/url]”

That looks really good! Adding this to the main post, by the way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I dont care about the !@#$ing pvp gear, give us back the kjc
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just to clarify for people who think Turn Evil glyph still works on PTR - it doesn't. It's marked as "Needs redesign" when you try and use it. It's not instant and Turn Evil has a cast time of 1.26 on PTR on my premade character, it obviously needs longer cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I dont care about the !@#$ing pvp gear, give us back the kjc

Well you can't have it! :D

:D :D :D :D

The whole dynamic is that ranged have to stand still to do damage and melee have to be in melee range. So the range gets away, does some damage, the melee catches up, does some damage, the range kites away again, does some damage etc. etc. etc.

It's broken in a number of ways at the moment though. Now it's broken in one way less. Hurray!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
14/06/2013 11:42Posted by Shadowkass
Warriors are currently not able to get rid of all the rage through rage dumps (macro to cast execute/HS) My friend stated that his burst damage went and nearly tripled.

I assume that's with the t16 set? cuz we're not getting any rage buffs afaik and rageration (rage regeneration, get it? hurr) is awful on live.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Holinka: “The ceiling will slowly go up next season (e.g. 1 point per week) but PvP gear will be exempt from the ceiling.”

Sounds quite fair!

Since the ilevel scaling is such a nice powertool, wouldn't it make sense to have a lower max level for standard Battlegrounds, and higher for anything rated?

Considering BG:s are supposed to be the get-used-to-PvP areas, it would be more new-to-PvP-friendly, if the best opposing gear would be more in scale with yours.

On the other hand, if you wish to fully shine with your superior PvP-gear, you ought to go into the rateds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]