5.4 Moonkin changes discussion

90 Troll Druid
Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now varies by specialization.
Balance: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of the Druid's next Eclipse by 10%.

I generally like this, especially since at current haste levels there might be enough Nature's Grace duration left for the extra Healing Touch.
BUT the removal of Nature's Swiftness for Moonkins makes it really crappy for INC/CA-burst, as you'll only have the bonus for Lunar Eclipse but would need to cast another HT during INC for a buffed CA.
I think Moonkins lack a mechanic like Predatory Swiftness in order to make this talent enjoyable.

Soul of the Forest has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.
Balance: Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause the next Astral Communion to instantly advance the Druid to the next Eclipse.

Looks quite interesting to me, it's a lot of RNG though as you can be unluky and have it proc on the last one or two casts before the Eclipse. I wonder how long the buff's duration will be is it lasts 15 sec. it might be fine, as you could consume those late procs for the next time you leave an Eclpise.

Ysera's Gift, a new talent healing the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead. This talent fills the spot vacated by Nature's Swiftness.

Looked quite useful to me until I saw this:
http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145110-yseras-gift#16965-17056
"Can't be cast in Moonkin Form"
There is no duration mentioned anywhere so it may be a passive ability and the form restriction wouldn't matter. If it has a certain duration the restriction woud definitely make it somewhat annoying for Moonkins.

Item - Druid T16 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Starfall bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Sun bolt at the target.

Not really spectacular a simple passive damage bonus, probably scaling quite well with the new SotF and Mastery.

Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 3 sec.

With Incarnation probably not really useful and even with SotF and CA usage on CD probably a pretty small DPS gain.

What do you think of the changes?

(source: mmo-champion.com)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ysera's Gift, a new talent healing the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead. This talent fills the spot vacated by Nature's Swiftness.
Is this a passive?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/06/2013 11:49Posted by Maddey
Is this a passive?

Seems yes. Problem from the data mining is that it is NOT usable at moonkin form and the 5% will be affected by battle fatigue/MS effects rendering it useless for moonkins especially the pvp ones
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 3 sec.

Thats not quite good imo. It fks up the timing with Incarnation and NV.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Seems yes. Problem from the data mining is that it is NOT usable at moonkin form and the 5% will be affected by battle fatigue/MS effects rendering it useless for moonkins especially the pvp ones
They might put it into the glyph Glyph of the Moonbeast
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/06/2013 12:06Posted by Maddey
They might put it into the glyph Glyph of the Moonbeast

Maybe but with the current mechanics even if they do, it will still be useless for the pvp ones decent i suppose for the pve ones.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I, myself, will prob go Renewal or cenarion ward when I know they'll not go for me (In 3s).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The changes to Stof and Doc are really interesting.. Looking forward to it and for the first ever i think actually need to go to ptr to have look at these. But one thing i started to think. Doesn't the 4 set actually favor Sotf bit too much?

Edit: where did you find the set bonuses btw?
Edited by Feralica on 12/06/2013 12:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Edit: where did you find the set bonuses btw?

MMO champion

I, myself, will prob go Renewal or cenarion ward when I know they'll not go for me (In 3s).

if the things go live as they are with the 15% passive reduction removal from moonkin, i probably go alt instead
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
-Moonkin Form no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%

-Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Restoration Druids at level 30.

This is gonna be a pain in PvP :/ I know theres a lot of different talents that will show up but none of them actually make up for the removal of these 2, Just like someone else said with battle fatigue and all the new passive heal is I think sorta like second wind and wont be so imba especially if Moonkins get a 15% flafout dmg taken increase..

Probably from what Ive read so far, ofcourse everything is subject to change since its just the PTR notes :), but imo this will be a big nerf, Ill probably have to go Feral or smthing :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now varies by specialization.
Balance: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of the Druid's next Eclipse by 10%.

Looks really interesting, and i wouldn't mind using it in pvp!
Soul of the Forest has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.
Balance: Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause the next Astral Communion to instantly advance the Druid to the next Eclipse.

Hmm, not sure about that one. but would probably be a choice to use!

This would heal us for about 20k every 5sec, and i really do like the way it works("IF" it is passive)Supporting out team if we aren't full health!

Item - Druid T16 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Starfall bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Sun bolt at the target.

Awesome :-) Would like this to be passive for boomins!Well, it does look really sweet

-Moonkin Form no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%

ShadowPriest and Warlock got the same nerf. So i don't give a crap about this change(Personally)

Probably from what Ive read so far, ofcourse everything is subject to change since its just the PTR notes :), but imo this will be a big nerf, Ill probably have to go Feral or smthing :(

Indeed, keep in mind that this is the FIRST notes that have been released. PTR is not open yet!
And no, just no!We won't allow you to go feral. Just don't do it!
-
Well, in all honest. Blizzard is really working their a** of for us druids!Not many classes get this much love as we do, we got a peaceful and wonderful class, beautiful spells and shapeshifting!Love these changes and looking forward to the upcoming notes!
Btw, i just got to say it, Sorry but i have to! Nerf for warlocks, Take a look at their forum and then say "I will reroll feral!" If you can!
"Kil'jaden's Cunning now now has a duration of 15 seconds with a 1.5 minute cooldown"
This patch is looking good, loving it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The new SotF looks interesting and potentially useful, but I'll leave it for greater minds than me to do the mathing. On the other hand I dislike how the 4set is basically forcing us from Incarnation. Either we just pray to God for a lot of singletarget fights treants can be useful on, or SotF needs to be Really good.

Then again, early days yet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Moonkin Form no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%
Oh, how I hate this change :) I'll be using bear form quite more then.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Seems like I'll be going moonkin in 5.4
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cant believe these changes will actually me made in 5.4
I dont see why Moonkins would need to be nerfed so hard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Wait... what? What nerfs are you talking about? If anything, stuff is getting buffed for moonkins.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nothing special. I'll just roll the same way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Wait... what? What nerfs are you talking about? If anything, stuff is getting buffed for moonkins.

Yes, buffs. when you can no longer use NS, lose your 15% dmg reduction and the replacer talent for NS is something that cannot be used in moonkin form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well i didn't count those as nerfs since they don't affect pve that much so.. Sorry my bad. But it isn't THAT big nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OK, i was talking from a PvP point of vieuw, in wich it's a HUGE nerf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]